Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Blues 7 (SEVEN) AFC Hornchurch 2

Rich.m

Absolutely smashed them.

They may have made changes, but so did we. It's all about keeping the momentum going at this level and I don't care what anyone from Upminster says, they've got to be gutted at that performance and result tonight. I would be!

We looked brilliant again and the best thing that happened to us in the 2nd half was their early goal. After that we stepped up the pace again, scored a couple of quick goals and they gave up.

Onwards and upwards we go!

Was a total walk in the park tonight at no point was it really an even game, obviously Hornchurch had a weakened team but boy did they dish up some serious dross tonight but you can only beat what is front of you.

The poor keeper had a torrid evening the full backs were awful and I think one of the centre backs had never kicked a ball in his life .

Anyway still a good win into the next round where i'm told we have the delights of going to Thurrock or Aveley  lovely.

Well done fella's :)

From what I can understand they made far more changes than Town did as they have an FA Cup game against Wealdstone on Saturday.

Saying that you need your fringe and secondd string players to be able to step up if they're required which Hornchurch didn't really do and it was great to see Billericay's changes pay off.

Hopefully this display will show the regular starters that there is plenty of competition for places and help keep this run going.

A very good performance, again, which will only help to breed confidence and all this against local(ish) rivals.

Lets be honest , this cup is not top priority for either club & IF we had been trounced we would be bleating like the upminster lot...but we never & I just wanted to say eastside urchin , cup of tea mr daley your boys took one hell of a beating!

I agree with the above, we played them off the park in the first half and they were very poor. If this is their 2nd string they will suffer if they have a bout of injuries. We beat the team in front of us and that is all you can do. Well done Blues. I thought that the players who came in stepped up to the plate and performed well.

Some of the football played last night was the best I have seen at this level over the years - truly impressive.

Great to see so many names on the scoresheet, and good to see that we didn't take our foot off the gas in the second half and kept pushing for more and more goals. 

Difficult to pick a man of the match last night as there were so many impressive performances, but I'd like to single out Chris Webber.  I thought he was immense in the number 10 role, and really brought some excitement to the game.  Deserved his goal too.  SBJ might have to start looking over his shoulder - I might be tempted to start Chris there!  Also a mention for Evans, nice to see 90 minutes from him - and he ran rings round them.

A truly enjoyable match......brilliant football and 10 goals scored in 2 games.  Bring on Enfield!

to be honest I couldnt give a toss what sort of side Prawnchurch put out.

they say you can only beat whats put out infront you, wrong...You can play them off the park smash em 7-2 and pull their pants down in the process.  

Personally if my team had been trounced, (in whatever competition regardless of the side we had out) I wouldnt start giving it on the opponents forum. but I suppose some people just have to have the last word dont they!?

also with all that money being spent, id have thought theyd have

1) bought some better squad players and

2) bought some supporters, I counted 5

From my own perspective as a Romford supporter the number one priority is to actually have a club to support. The only other priorities are hopefully a promotion, and a good and lucrative run in the FA Cup, and Trophy. All other competitions are only good for trying out new tactics or players, and I would imagine few supporters have much interest in them.

It is always nice to give local rivals a good thrashing though, whatever competition you are playing in.

Sorry for posting on your forum.

I'm not reading anything into last night to be honest.

I don't enjoy losing to your lot at any time and last night was painful for me, but if there was to be a defeat then last night was the most acceptable, even at 7-2.

West Ham beat Man U 4-0 in the then Carling Cup in 2010 when Man U put a weakened side out, it didn't affect their season though as they went on to win the Premiership. Now I'm not comparing Hornchurch to Man U, we're just the small pub team down the road and it's quite possible that you have spent more on your squad than us.

I would say that our starting 11 is better than yours (just my opinion) but your squad (on last night's evidence) is quite a bit stronger than ours. It's working for us in the league at the moment but only time will tell if that lasts until the end of the season, we will need a bit of luck probably. Makes it interesting.

Do agree Alan, first priority is to have a team to support.

Lol,when have I actually given it???

The comment of "best football seen at this level" is simply one of the most laughable comments I have seen written EVER on a football forum.

And no that's not sour grapes,you deserved your victory,deserved to smash us, we put a crap side out,got what we deserved...could I give a toss,simply no,and that's the truth,yes I would of preferred not to have lost by 5 goals but in truth I only turned up to have a look at some of our fringe players,knew we would get beat as we do have bigger fish to fry but I take nothing away from you ,yes you played well and smashed us,well done....

Proudfoot,we've met,if you have a problem on here tell me at a fckng game instead of mugging me off on here,last word and all that,do me a favour...

I come on here for a bit of banter,every know and then like most like minded fans may defend my clubs name,have a laugh,I don't go around insulting people(not for a long time),and I turn up at your club every time we play each other and have a good drink up and away from games on the odd occasion ..to be fair,I won't fckng bother if some of you get the hump over some of my posts,fck sake.Grow some