Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Nelson Mandela - RIP

South Africa's first black president and anti-apartheid icon Nelson Mandela has died, South Africa's president says.

Mr Mandela, 95, led South Africa's transition from white-minority rule in the 1990s, after 27 years in prison.

He had been receiving intense home-based medical care for a lung infection after three months in hospital.

In a statement on South African national TV, Mr Zuma said Mr Mandela had "departed" and was at peace.

_71564617_70118206.jpg

RIP Nelson Mandela,i think the fact that he never re offended shows that prison does actually work.

Basil-Don - I echo that, RIP

I'm a little bit surprised that there was a minutes silence around the Country at football grounds today

I'm a little bit surprised that there was a minutes silence around the Country at football grounds today

Why ?

Why ?

Well, with respect, what has Nelson Mandela got to do with football in this Country

At Romfords game there was one minutes spontaneous applause. 

FANTASTIC.

Nelson Mandela received the Nobel Peace Prize, which is more than Tony Bliar will ever get !!

Edited by Big J R

Wasn't there a minutes silence at games around the Country when Margaret Thatcher died

Did you see that the coloured guy that was 'signing' for the deaf at the Soweto celebration was a 'plant' and was just pretending to sign ?

I must admit, I thought at the time, he looked a bit odd.

What did members make of the so called ‘selfie’ with Obama, Cameron and Danish Prime Minister Helle Thorning-Schmidt, I thought it was absolutely disgusting

Eastside Urchin - That's not the point, it was a sombre occasion so the so called 'selfie' was totally inappropriate with Obama, Cameron and Thorning-Schmidt laughing away and acting like they were at a party, disgusting!