Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Graeme Swann retires from cricket - good or bad decision?

Ian_W

So Graeme Swann has retired from all cricket halfway though a very poor series by the England team.

I know we have a few here that follow cricket, so interested to hear your thoughts...

Earlier this week he had to apologise after comparing the loss of the ashes to rape on Facebook.

Should he have stuck it out or was it right to bail?  Should he simply grow a pair?

Personally I would have preferred to see Pietersen & Prior to go first. Cook should also drop down the order.

Thoughts.....

Unless he is struggling with an injury I think he should have stuck it out for the rest of the series.

In my opinion it is no bad thing to leave the old heads in for the remainder of the series so that new players don't end up like a whole generation of players did feeling inferior to the Aussies.

Lets face it the only test series we are interested in these days is the Ashes and I would rather finish this series with the older players and then it gives us 2 years to get newer ones in place for when we win the urn back.

There's nowt like bad losers.

England got totally humilliated, and quite rightly so.  The Ozzies got their fair revenge for last Summer.

The one thing I DO wish umpires would stamp down on, is the abusive 'sledging'

If I were him, I would have tried to last out the rest of the series - we've lost anyway so it won't make a difference.

What is does show is that, other than Monty we've got no experienced cover for a front line spinner (Tredwell is more of a one day option)

I'm sure we'll be a lot stronger when the Ashes are next played in England.

What was Geoff Boycott's view out of interest, I haven't heard

but wasn't impressed by Swann saying that some of his former team were so far up their own backsides!

He wasn't wrong though was he!

Hmmm..... will take back my thoughts on England playing better.

8 wickets for 7 runs!

Just not good enough.

Maybe the Lions should take their place for the last test or the Women's team. Both are probably better.

8 wickets for 7 runs!

That's good for us though isn't it

and all have bets for a 5-0 whitewash!

Well it looks like it is going to be a 5-0 whitewash now doesn't it!

Archived