Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Jobless Falls

Food Banks in  affluent areas like Purley and Kenley tell you all you need to know about this Governments achievements.On the other hand Company profits Soaring,Immigration Soaring,Tax loopholes soaring,Rents soaring,Utility prices soaring.Yet people like E.U. knock the unemployed as spongers,why not knock the Overseas Aid instead.

There's always been a small percentage of the population that will do anything not to work. They are not representative of the overwhelming majority of people in this country that do want to

As for the jobless falling, the global economy had hit rock bottom - there was only one way to go. And if the economic recovery in this country is being based around a house market bubble (the governor of the Bank of England has already expressed concern) then we could be in worse trouble down the road if we're not careful

Food Banks in  affluent areas like Purley and Kenley tell you all you need to know about this Governments achievements.On the other hand Company profits Soaring,Immigration Soaring,Tax loopholes soaring,Rents soaring,Utility prices soaring.Yet people like E.U. knock the unemployed as spongers,why not knock the Overseas Aid instead.

Yet once again Peter, I agree with you 100%

We have a food-bank in the M.V.D.Council area based at Leatherhead.  Recent local press coverage says that demand over the last few months has actully doubled !!

For the last few years I have been a Lib-Dem votor.

No more, I hasten to add.

• 4 months later...

Sorry to sound like an old broken 78rpm record folks but I see that, incredibly, new data shows the sharpest drop in UK joblessness since 1989, here are the figures in back and white incase they're disputed by the likes of Loosely:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/11156252/Its-been-25-years-since-unemployment-was-falling-this-quickly.html

Wow Rhodesly, you manage while sounding ever so humble to be claiming credit for momentous news! But hold on a bit, are unemployment figures back down yet to pre-Thatcher days? That'd be a no then?

What about the squeeze on living standards? Did the report have anything to say on that matter? Things improving? No, getting harder for people to maintain their standard of living isn't it?

What about the Welfare Bill? We'd surely expect this to be shrinking in line with your wonderful jobless figures wouldn't we? What's that? No again? Rising? Projected to increase well past 2016 by this Conservative government?

Crikey, still looking for that Blue Peter Badge are you? I expect that'd be a yes wouldn't it?

Can't wait to hear your next bit of good news..

What about the squeeze on living standards?

Don't you mean the squeeze on the malingerers on 'benefits street'

Don't you mean the squeeze on the malingerers on 'benefits street'

No Rhodesly, people with jobs, that's what it says in your report. Didn't you read it?

Crikey, no-one does a better job of making you look a fool than you do Rhodesly! 

No Rhodesly, people with jobs, that's what it says in your report

Yes but they need to tighten their belts and cut their cloth don't they, these are hard times!

Yes but they need to tighten their belts and cut their cloth don't they, these are hard times!

Not hard times for everyone. All most people are asking for is a more equatable distribution of wealth, and half decent wages and terms and conditions of employment. Zero hours contracts and agency work fail to meet that criteria.

Yeah, I realise this isn't your strongest subject but the point of getting more people into work would seem to be making them less reliant on benefits and at the same time contributing to HM's coffers. Neither of which is happening. All these new jobs mainly regional and service industry while problematical in that they don't actually make anything are also in the lowest bracket of pay. Conveniently under the £10k tax threshold. So no tax paid and still reliant on family credit.

In fact the current government are making such a balls up of cutting spending whilst not increasing tax revenues has meant that while industry is booming the target of knocking £50bn off our yearly £150bn trade deficit hasn't happened leading us into more austerity. What a shambles. Meanwhile Rhodesly is pleased with himself, never mind being happy that the cost of living is outstripping wages for everyone else while some government workers are getting by on fat bonuses! Whoopy doo..

The Conservatives can't use Thatcher's tactics and sell off all the Silverware this time - there's nothing left (except Eurostar).

Mere bauble. £300mn is a long way short of £50bn let alone the £1.4tn we owe.

Meanwhile Russian oligarchs already own half the country.

Edited by Loose

Nice £667,750 2 bedroom flat for sale in Croydon Towerblock,just up Rhodesly street.Thing is it is only 200yds from the Nightwatch food bank that looks after the homeless and needy.As Call me Dave said many times 'WE ARE ALL IN IT TOGETHER'.As loosely says Tax Revenues down because of low pay rates,but hang on,is it not the custom not to pay any tax,when you work for yourself on the building.Plus if you come from a poor European Country,surely you would send home a large percentage of your earnings home,to help out your relatives.

Interesting bit on the BBC News this morning saying that despite the fall in unemployment, the government is still having to borrow more - the analyst said that a lack of increase in Income tax was the main factor - low paid jobs maybe?

Interesting bit on the BBC News this morning saying that despite the fall in unemployment, the government is still having to borrow more - the analyst said that a lack of increase in Income tax was the main factor - low paid jobs maybe?

S'what The Times and The Guardian pointed out last week. 

About six weeks ago I received an email from a recruitment agency offering me a job. I filled in the forms, and was delighted to be told I had the job which involved a zero hour contract. On Monday morning they phoned me up and told me to report for work straight away for some crappy job that was to last until Christmas. I thought about it for about two seconds and decided I really couldn't be bothered, About three hours later I received another phone call from a very excitable young man asking me why I hadn't turn up for work.  I told him I only accepted the job because I didn't have to do any work.He then said he could sue me for loss of earnings,(commission), I'm still waiting, but would imagine they soon realised it was an empty threat.   

............   and  'Call Me Dave'  has had the bl00dy cheek to criticise certain sections of the N.H.S. staff who are staging half-day strikes and work-to-rule in protest over their paltry 1% pay offer.

Just remind me again  !  What percentage pay rise have the MP's recommended themselves ??

Oh !  Thats right  -  It's in double figures, isn't it ??

One rule for the poor selfless workers in the health industry and another for the soddin' idle, corrupt, sexually perverse law-makers !!!!

Edited by Big J R

Loosely - Yes, but the low wages many people are experiencing is partly why we have managed to survive the recetion and somehow get out of the awful mess Labour left us in, I don't know how Cameron has managed to do it but he is a genius and flushed out many of the malingerers and benefit cheats saving the Country millions in the process.