Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Jobless Falls

Cup of Tea - Don't you mean heaven, the Unions were the scourge of our proud Nation until Thatcher intervened and put them firmly in their place

Unions, when properly represented and run by reasonable people are an asset to both industry and to the common worker. When they are run by twats like Scargill then they are not. As for my opinion of thatcher, I have previously posted my contempt for her. I certainly mean hell.

• 4 weeks later...

I see that, incredibly, the jobless figure has fallen yet again, if that’s possible, you have to hand it to David Cameron and the likes of Ian Duncan Smith even if some of their innovative methods of flushing out the lazy malingerers have been controversial and unpopular

I see that, incredibly, the jobless figure has fallen yet again, if that’s possible, you have to hand it to David Cameron and the likes of Ian Duncan Smith even if some of their innovative methods of flushing out the lazy malingerers have been controversial and unpopular

Even though I retired several years ago I still get three or four job offers most months, and every single one of them is agency work, zero hour contracts, or more usually both. I always take the trouble to ask what the hourly rate is, and almost without exception its less than I was earning twenty years ago. This government is not creating proper jobs, but they are bringing back slave labour.

Very strange when recently the Government found millions more from the disabled to go on the job market. Cameron must have a special method of counting.

It's called "massaging the figures" !

There are statistics and then there are damn tory lies.

Sucessive governments, from Thatcher onwards (and possibly before) have always found means to massage the unemployement figures. The previous Labour government did it by allowing more people to claim disability benefit instead. EU is right, we need to differenciate between the people who are genuinely disabled and those people who are using it as an excuse. We must be really careful though, there's already been people recently who are clearly disabled being forced off disability benefit.

• 4 weeks later...

If Scargill had done something illegal then I would be the first to condemn him if presented with evidence, however if he has made a legal request as so many have, even tory working class turkeys have then as far as I'm concerned it's a slow news day. 

Loosely - Did you read the article on your hero in the Mail On Sunday yesterday, I thought of you!

Loosely - Did you read the article on your hero in the Mail On Sunday yesterday, I thought of you!

I don't read the Mail, not sure any thinking person does. 

Since when did I claim he was my hero numbnuts? - this question along with all others asked of Rhodesly will go unanswered as usual.

• 3 weeks later...

I see that the current jobless figure has fallen still further if that's possible and there are less people than ever sponging on and milking the system as was the case in the bad old days before David Cameron and Ian Duncan Smith got their heads together, it is saving the Treasury coffers billions.

I see that the current jobless figure has fallen still further if that's possible and there are less people than ever sponging on and milking the system as was the case in the bad old days before David Cameron and Ian Duncan Smith got their heads together, it is saving the Treasury coffers billions.

More likely to be that HMG have found an even better way of 'massaging' the figures !!

Big J R - Don't take my word for it, even, wait for it, the Guardian of all papers confirm that UK unemployment has fallen dramatically and female employment for example has reached its highest level since records began, incredible!:

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2014/feb/19/unemployment-continues-to-fall-jobless-rate

• 2 weeks later...

I see that the jobless figure has, once again, plummetted to new record levels, if that's possible, it's quite incredible isn't it what David Cameron and Ian Duncan Smith have done to painstakingly address the issue of the spongers and malingerers who continually milked our over-generous benefits system year after year, particularly under the incompetent Labour Government

Wait until the three months for immigrants is up and the new wave of social-seekers can sign on and claim for the 'family' !

Having said that, I'm sure HMG will find another way to 'massage' the figures.

Gosh, still some way to go to get back to pre-Thatcher levels. If only there wasn't this nagging doubt over the Tories massaging the figures. I'm sure it will all come to light sooner or later...

• 4 weeks later...

I see that incredibly the number of people out of work in the UK fell yet again by a huge 133,000 to a new, next to nothing, five-year low of 2.2 million in the three months to March, how is Cameron managing to do it:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-27406457