Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Jobless Falls

Rhodesly - unfortunately none of the facts including those in your own article and subsequent ones quoted bear out what you are saying. Have you read the article you quoted yet? Funny, we never get any answers from you on these difficult questions where facts are involved. Obviously one can only speculate the reasons.

Loosely - Do we need facts, surely anybody can see that the Country is in good hands, would you rather still have Tony Blair then or Gordon Brown

Priceless. "Do we need facts?".

No Rhodesly, you carry on living in Cloud Clifford Land!

would you rather still have Tony Blair then or Gordon Brown

Loosely - I repeat, would you rather still have Tony Blair or Gordon Brown in charge

Loosely - I repeat, would you rather still have Tony Blair or Gordon Brown in charge

Apart from Blair and Thatcher I would rather have any previous Prime Minister over Camaron. IMO the best PM in my lifetime has to be Harold Wilson, and had he lived John Smith would have been a fantastic leader.

Edited by missunderstood

What has that got to do with anything? This is all about Cameron, don't the Conservatives need a new leader, an effective leader?

I think that we get too caught up with leaders, we really need to concentrate on the policies and the direction that the government/opposition wants to take the country.

I don't think that any of the main political parties are doing that, they are so caught up in focus groups and opinion polls that they fail to put a cohesive set of policies together.

Clement Atlee was a pretty ineffectual speaker and was hardly an Inspirational figure but the Post-WW2 Labour government did a hell of a lot of good things.

What has that got to do with anything?

Loosely - Why not just answer the question, would you rather still have Tony Blair or Gordon Brown in charge of our green and pleasant land

Loosely - Why not just answer the question, would you rather still have Tony Blair or Gordon Brown in charge of our green and pleasant land

Because you don't answer questions and because it's got nothing to do with the topic idiot. Need any more reasons stupid?

Appreciate your excitement CoT, it's all very well crowing about a reduction in the unemployment figures and trying to excuse an ineffectual government and its leader but there are 5 million people out there in these so called jobs that are on less than 20 hours a week, zero hours contracts with no rights to holiday leave, no bank holiday pay and having to go to Food Banks to feed their children let alone themselves, obviously because 20 hours or less times the minimum wage maybe only covers the rent and heating. In a town of 40,000 there are on average 5,000 vouchers issued at any one time to draw food from these places. So, when our friend wants to crow about what his party have done he really needs to see what they've achieved, perhaps we could all do with a reality check because it could be you or your neighbour that is trying to keep up appearances while they struggle. 

because it's got nothing to do with the topic idiot

Of course it has, you're constantly criticising the current Government who have worked absolute wonders in getting the Country back on track so, I repeat, would you rather still have Tony Blair or Gordon Brown in charge

Nice attempt at a swerve Clifford, predictable and boring as ever.

Loosely - So you don't agree then that the Government have worked absolute wonders in getting the Country back on track following the horrific mess Labour left us in

Find it hard to read the true facts of your governments 'success' Rhodesly?

Appreciate your excitement CoT, it's all very well crowing about a reduction in the unemployment figures and trying to excuse an ineffectual government and its leader but there are 5 million people out there in these so called jobs that are on less than 20 hours a week, zero hours contracts with no rights to holiday leave, no bank holiday pay and having to go to Food Banks to feed their children let alone themselves, obviously because 20 hours or less times the minimum wage maybe only covers the rent and heating. In a town of 40,000 there are on average 5,000 vouchers issued at any one time to draw food from these places. So, when our friend wants to crow about what his party have done he really needs to see what they've achieved, perhaps we could all do with a reality check because it could be you or your neighbour that is trying to keep up appearances while they struggle. 

Agree with every word.

Keeping up appearances can be dangerous Loose - My cousin lost his job and then tried to do just that - He ended up owing money to the wrong people, his partner and daughter left him and he then committed suicide as he couldn't see a way out. Those charming debt collectors then tried to get the money off his grieving sister who had nothing to do with it. Good job we're all in it together eh?

Is this another wind up? or are you completely bonkers.

Missunderstood - Surely you agree that Labour left the Country virtually bankrupt and the present Government were left to pick up the pieces, what they have done in a fairly short space of time, and against all odds, is nothing short of a miracle

I think most thinking people accept that it was the bankers, Europe-wide who left countries in a mess regardless of the political parties in power within each.

However, hoping to have any meaningful discussion on here has become fruitless.