Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday vs Enfield

Delboybtfc

You lads have played four matches on this pitch since the start of November - we've not had a drop of rain in these parts for the best parts of 48 hours - and we've had a day of sun with a strong drying wind. You're pitch is also on a slope and drainage should be a formality. 

If Billericay can't get the match on tomorrow, then you honestly shouldn't be plying your trade at this level. 

I could understand it if you were in a flood-zone in Somerset, but Billericay isn't exactly positioned on a Thames floodplain. 

You lads have played four matches on this pitch since the start of November - we've not had a drop of rain in these parts for the best parts of 48 hours - and we've had a day of sun with a strong drying wind. You're pitch is also on a slope and drainage should be a formality. 

If Billericay can't get the match on tomorrow, then you honestly shouldn't be plying your trade at this level. 

I could understand it if you were in a flood-zone in Somerset, but Billericay isn't exactly positioned on a Thames floodplain. 

You are a fully qualified c*nt

What a farce. If the chairman spent his energies on getting the pitch sorted instead of self publicising soundbites we might get some games played there.

You obviously don't know our Chairman and the efforts he makes for the Club. ( including the pitch problems)

Until you do I suggest you keep your stupid comments to yourself

Before we get too depressed let's look at the league table and in particular home games played before today's games

Billericay 11

Grays 11

Hampton 11

Lewes 12

E Thurrock 12

Carshalton 12

We have had the worst rainfall, since records began. We have had matches postponed when the pitch was patently playable. We have carried out drainage work that will only become totally effective once the subsurface dries out.

We are not alone and  those who are fortunate to be in a better situation should sympathise rather than 'lob grenades'

I agree. Those idiots that support clubs that had a chance to play here in November but for the stupid games their management played (health and safety, I ask you for pity's sake. It's mud!!! What's it going to do? Bite your precious players?), we would be in a better position and would have played those original fixtures.

There is also the geology of the area as well as the unusually heavy rain fall to consider. Driving round the area there is still a considerable amount of stand in water about so where ever the water has to go to drain to is saturated as well. So it will take time for the pitch to recover.

I hope those tossers from Suffolk that are contributing to our forum make themselves known so they can stand by their brave anonymous comments. Bunch of half wits that should keep the straw in their heads and physically remain tied to a post scaring birds off the fields.

Edited by GazzaBTFC

A couple of points

1 apologies for the misspelling late last night ref Plumstead. It should have read avetar and in case you did not get it put another way he shows himself as a w........r very apt

2 Chaseside you obviously don't know the amount of work that has been put in by the chairman and a group of loyal and very dedicated supporters.

If you are referring to articles in the press this week what do you suggest he should do when approached say nothing. The idea of playing non league in the summer was brought up down the club a couple of Thursdays ago and we all discussed the obvious merits and benefits to all clubs. However we all agreed that it would never happen due to the structure of the pyramid. It was though in most peoples view a good way to keep non league financially sustainable

3 Well done Pilgrim for showing that it is not a btfc problem but a national one and we must all look at ways to try and prevent this happening again.

If you lot spent your efforts working on the pitch rather than posting on here we might have had a game on.

Quoting weather records when every other game in the league is on shows you lot should think before typing.

Ah what it is to be ignorant and have the courage to post a load of shite on a forum under an assumed name eh?

One would hope that this gentleman would have the courgae to take the opportunity to maybe come down to the club and share his opinions in person.

It's disappointing to look forward to a game for it to be called off and i'm sure the players are the same! However driving out and about today and seeing amateur games being played and the pitches being fine i do question whether it is the referees being pedantic and our pitch isn't as bad as it sounds. Yes it's not great but it's football, a sport that's meant to be all year round. Whether it's down to 'health and safety' i don't know but it is frustrating. 

In other news they did play a friendly over Hackney Marshes and won 6-1 (according to Ryan Scott on twitter) so at least they're playing. 

Grassroots football needs a lot of help. And if anyone with a twitter account can follow @SaveGrassRoots then it's a start. A growing campaign to get premier league clubs and the FA to help clubs like us and even further down the football pyramid