Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Max Clifford.

Don't be so ridiculous Rhodesly.

What is unfortunate about a complete tw@t such as yourself is that you judge others by your own pathetic standards and excuse others by the same.

Personally I was a wide eyed teenager by the end of the 70s and wouldn't have dreamt of abusing anyone. Obviously we can't say the same of your grimy dreams and aspirations.

In the 60s we was all at it like rabbits and never dreamt of abusing anyone because there was so many willing young ladies. i still wear brut aftershave but it seems to have lost its magic now. 

Yes, you couldn't beat Brut could you, and Old Spice, they were like magnets when it came to pulling women back then

Having a scooter at 16, and a Ford Anglia at 17 didn't do my bird pulling potential any harm either,Lol.

Mini skirts and hot pants, and tonic mohair suits for the men, great music, beer at less than two bob a pint,and everyone seemed to be on decent wages. The 60s must be the best time ever to have been a teenager.

Yes, I had the time of my life from the mid to late 70's but I just wish I had been born ten years earlier.

Is there any news on the verdict as yet folks

While it's very commendable that he has been stuck away for so long,there's others who have committed far worse crimes and been banged up for less,which is why when he appeals it he will probably end up serving less than 2 years

Edited by Eastside Urchin

8 years. 

That's rather harsh don't you think

That's rather harsh don't you think

No doubt we can expect this thread to run to hundreds of pages while you campaign for his innocence Mr Rhodes

From what I have read,I find it hard to believe he got convicted. I know a penis shrinks over time,but some witnesses said it was 3 inches others 5 inches,some even smaller.Maybe he should of got it out,and shown the Jury,then they could of made their own minds up,allowing for Shrinkage of course.

It's going metric that has everyone confused these days.

It's not harsh,it should be more but so should many thousands if other sex cases if proved guilty

Eastside Urchin - I just feel that Clifford has been made an example of because of who he is that's all, he hasn't killed anybody has he yet you hear of drink drivers for example without car tax or insurance, and sometimes in a stolen car, kill a pedestrian or a young kid and get let off with a year or two in prison if that.

I must admit that even I found the 8 year sentence somewhat surprising.  I was expecting around two to three years.

Having said that, I still think he certainly warrants it.

He can appeal against sentence, though !

Edited by Big J R

I must admit that even I found the 8 year sentence somewhat surprising.  I was expecting around two to three years.

Having said that, I still think he certainly warrants it.

He can appeal against sentence, though !

I hope he does, sentences can go up as well as down. With the feeling in the country that he got off lightly Appeal Judges may feel inclined to reward him appropriately!

He should have got at least 10 - 12 years for ruining so many lives and careers.

I just think that our legal and justice system needs a complete overhaul particularly now we have opened the floodgates to all and sundry, we need to introduce a zero tolerance policy

• 5 months later...

I see that Max Clifford launched an appeal on Thursday against his harsh eight year jail sentence, the three judges at the appeal Court in London said they would give their decision in the case at a later date after they heard arguments against Clifford's severe prison term:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2787010/Clifford-waits-appeal-verdict-Judges-decide-disgraced-publicist-eight-year-sentence-reduced.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, lets hope that Clifford's extremely harsh eight year sentence is reduced