Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dorking's two senior clubs merge

eye1

Popped down to meadowbank today

Clubhouse padlocked up and access pitch side has been fenced off

Might be good news and rebuilding is about to commence

Maybe council have repossessed

Dfc's unplayed games awarded to oppo (3rd one tba)

Mvdc have repeatedly said they want football to continue at meadowbank

I'm scratching my head about the whole thing over the last few years

Two sides to every story. Truth somewhere between them

Will we ever know

Having talked to a couple of people yesterday, I think things may well become clearer in a week or two.

Unfortunately, from what I heard, I have grave misgivings on the eventual outcome.

What's stopping you knocking down the changing rooms and building new ones

I think it will all 'come out in the wash'  when we know exactly what has occured, NLN.

What's stopping you knocking down the changing rooms and building new ones

DFC ltd could have done  that if it had the desire and the cash. It could have kept them in a better state of repair.

Perhaps it wasnt convinced either would have been  a worthwhile investment if there was little prospect of staying at Meadowbank long term.

It puzzles me why money was spent on the goalmouths, and then money spent on renting grounds, but not on the other facilities at Meadowbank.

Perhaps it will "all come out in the wash", perhaps we'll never know. 

That is an interesting point tsf

I wonder whether MVDC who are not exactly fans of the current administration have said that there is no long term future there, in which circumstances, you could understand the owners not putting further money into the site.

A supermarket on part or all of the site has been in discussion for the last 15 years at least. Maybe MVDC have said that this is their intention, even if it might not be for a few years.

That theory would certainly explain why no work is being done, but it is I must admit, just guesswork on my part, looking from the outside in.

That is an interesting point tsf

I wonder whether MVDC who are not exactly fans of the current administration have said that there is no long term future there, in which circumstances, you could understand the owners not putting further money into the site.

A supermarket on part or all of the site has been in discussion for the last 15 years at least. Maybe MVDC have said that this is their intention, even if it might not be for a few years.

That theory would certainly explain why no work is being done, but it is I must admit, just guesswork on my part, looking from the outside in.

That was Sainsbury's original plan, in my humble opinion.

They had already bought the whole of St Martins walk shopping precint and the defunct 'Malthouse'  public house which stands immediately next to the Meadowbank  ground.

By now, Lidl's had already opened a superstore in town and Tesco's opened a small supermarket on the eastern end of the Dorking.  So Sainsbury's announced last week that they are putting the whole of the St Martins walk shopping precint on the market, recently reported in full in the Dorking Advertiser, stating that they now have NO interest in expanding their business in the Dorking area, which leaves the Meadowbank  ground in the hands of its owners, Mole Valley District Council

Edited by Big J R

...............  and just as an update on the overall Dorking teams position regarding next season, this appeared in todays Dorking Advertiser .........

http://www.dorkingandleatherheadadvertiser.co.uk/Wanderers-hope/story-21070331-detail/story.html

• 3 weeks later...

With only a week to go until 'D-Day', here is Glynns latest press comment.

Dorking Advertiser, 22nd May.

http://www.dorkingandleatherheadadvertiser.co.uk/undefined-headline/story-21122711-detail/story.html

A bloody big Hurrah to that.

Big thanks to Ray and Jack Collins, who have now saved the club three times.

This one may have been the hardest to do.

My personal thanks to them both too for allowing me to get involved with the club after all I said at the time of the council bid to remove DFC ltd.

In the end we had more in common than differences, and I hope Ray can enjoy some football without the pressure.

Thanks to MVDC, who always said they wanted football to continue at Meadowbank.

Whilst nothing is forever, we can all look forward to watching football at a lovely ground in the town again.

Good luck to the new team, on and off the pitch. We have a long way to go!

Edited by thespursfan