Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hayles,eyong,Spencer released (sacked)

As much as it's shocked me,Ricky was one player who you couldn't fault his commitment,it's obviously an error of judgment that he thought he could play in both but it shouldn't be his call despite being his body,there was too much on the line

This has been going on for as long as I can remember (40+years). Loyalty is a 2 way street and many players, rightly or wrongly, feel that clubs can and do 'sack' non-contract players at the drop of a hat.

I can remember the manager of the great Billericay team of the 1970s complaining that his players were playing Sunday football at the risk of injury.

I do understand what you are saying Nat and I have known players that have done this and always turned the blind eye as I've never really thought it place to.

The problem here though it seems is that two players played in a Sunday league cup final 18 hours before our biggest game for 2 years and probably our joint biggest game in history,I am sure they believed their bodies would stand up to it but knowing we were short of players I just find it amazing to take that risk.

I am not for one minute saying that it cost us the game as I don't believe it did but I just feel it's wrong

I think there's a time and place for it Alan.

While I can understand players wanting to play ,it can take a toll on their body,especially at the end of the season,although we were lucky we didn't really have a fixture pile up this season.

I can sort of understand a player playing on a Sunday with his mates in a team but I can also understand a manager of a RPL club not liking it.

I suppose if you have played all season on a Sunday you would probably want to be part of a cup final on a Sunday night but playing the next day in a play off final ,for me is one step too much.

My personal opinion is that when you play at a certain level,and I would say Ryman north and upwards,if you sign for a club ,then that should be the only club you can play for unless dual registered.

I think they were playing in the Sundy Kopa league here you can see a picture of the winning team that won their last game to win the 1st Division - https://www.facebook.com/kopaleague - Not sure if you can recognise if these are your players?

Really makes you wonder why players would drop down to sunday league football unless they were getting some sort of financial rewards? Cannot think of any other reasons? Maybe Some of these players have been playing for the last 2/3 seasons?

10352043_522797437828902_568261692706796

Only one of the players implicated is the and not ricky.

Another who hasn't been mentioned is there and I recognise a few others from other teams so at least it seems we are not alone in this.

They of course could have permission from their clubs.

If you go through the photos of the Cypriot league website,it seems Tam and Spencer feature regularly,whilst I can't find any of Ricky Hayles.

Does look like Darren Behcet in that photo.  

Can't see Rickie anywhere either.

There was some posts on there moaning about teams paying for players from the Ryman League to play in that Kopa league.

The FA and leagues should put a stop to it

They can't even get it right at the top level - so what chance does non league have?

I am afraid that this has been going on for years at our level, in many cases quite openly and some playing as ringers.  However what happened to the Urchins was totally out of order and you have my sympathy.

On the issue of loyalty, it has almost disappeared. At our level, the 7 day approach rule, actually encourages disloyalty, by allowing players to jump ship frequently for a few more quid.

Edited by blue pilgrim