Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tuesday 26th August

Tuesday 26th August – Kick Off 7.45pm

FA CHALLENGE CUP Extra Preliminary Round Replay

St Margaretsbury v Halstead Town

PREMIER DIVISION

Ampthill Town v Stotfold

Biggleswade United v Leverstock Green

Cockfosters v London Tigers

Harefield United v Hadley

Hillingdon Borough v Oxhey Jets

Holmer Green v Colney Heath

Kings Langley v Hertford Town

London Colney v Berkhamsted

Tring Athletic v Hoddesdon Town

Wembley v AFC Dunstable

Might pop down to the Cockfosters vs London Tigers match.

Don't forget to post your travel arrangements otherwise someone will be throwing his toys out of his pram again  :P

Hopefully all these game are on after the torrential rain of today.

Might pop down to the Cockfosters vs London Tigers match.

I am hoping to go to this, depending on traffic.

Attempted at the end of last season, but was called off just before kick off, due to a waterlogged pitch

Late ko at Tring (just after 8pm) after an accident closed the A41 at Berkhamsted

Latest Tring 6-1 Hoddesdon

TAFC Trevor Gibbs 9 mins (pen)

TAFC Ryan Sturges 19 mins

Hoddy Adam Bolle 30 mins

TAFC Greg Deer 55 mins

TAFC Taylor Collins 83 mins

TAFC Trevor Gibbs 86 mins (pen)

TAFC Chris Vardy 93 mins

Edited by tringarmy

Biggleswade Utd 0 - Leverstock Green 1

Penalty from Liam Hind

Another 3 points.

Tuesday 26th August

6-2 St Margaretsbury v Halstead Town

PREMIER DIVISION

1-2 Ampthill Town v Stotfold

0-1 Biggleswade United v Leverstock Green

0-2 Cockfosters v London Tigers

3-2 Harefield United v Hadley

1-2 Hillingdon Borough v Oxhey Jets

2-5 Holmer Green v Colney Heath

1-0 Kings Langley v Hertford Town

0-1 London Colney v Berkhamsted

6-1 Tring Athletic v Hoddesdon Town

2-4 Wembley v AFC Dunstable

Full time TAFC 6-1 Hoddesdon - mini match report online now, full version if we don't drag our heels too much sometime tomorrow or Thursday.

The kick was delayed by 15 minutes following the earlier closure of the A41 causing havoc for both team's preparation. Tring started brightly and took a 9th minute lead after Stuart King was fouled in the box with Trevor Gibbs dispatching the resulting penalty for his first goal of the season.

Athletic extended their lead 10 minutes later when Ryan Sturges made the most of an error in the Hoddesdon defence, shooting home from 10 yards.

The visitors pulled on back on the half hour when a ball was threaded through the Tring defence and Adam Bolle ran through to score. 2-1

On 55 minutes Stewart King attempted a bicycle kick from a corner. His effort was blocked but the ball fell to Greg Deer who drilled home.

Tring continued to put pressure on the Hoddesdon goal and added a 4th after 83 minutes. A long ball by Paul Jeffrey found Chris Vardy who rounded a defender and crossed for Taylor Collins to score his 4th in 6 games.

The 5th was not long coming, just 3 minutes later. Sonny Aird played to Vardy who in return set in Trevor Gibbs who was brought down in the box. Gibbs picked himself up to score from the spot. 5-1

Chris Vardy wrapped up the victory with Tring's 6th on 93 minutes.

#spanked

Jonno - When will the report be up on your Website

Monkey8 - Don't expect to see it until Friday at the earliest

As we lost, heavily, we will delay submitting a match report for the longest time possible, so as to appear as though we do not wish to acknowledge the defeat. Our army of match report writers, who do not have anything else going on in their lives, have been told to hold off publishing anything until at least Saturday, by order of the executive management committee. An emergency meeting was held late last night to agree these timelines.

Or, it will be up on the website whenever the poor sod has time.

I have to say to say Hoddesdon committee/supporters were very gracious in defeat, a member of there committee took the time shake every one of our players hands and congratulated them as they left the field after the warmdown talk, a nice touch

Roger like wise, he came onto the pitch to shake hands and say well done to me for our performance

Roger like wise, he came onto the pitch to shake hands and say well done to me for our performance

I'm sure it was through gritted teeth

Nothing to add to what tringarmy says - Tring were in complete control throughout and apart from a few minutes in the second half, Hoddesdon were barely in it. I will still post my views on the "other forum" from where they will no doubt still be lifted.

Bit surprised that it had to kick off late - there seemed to be enough players there at 7-45.

Tuesday 26th August

6-2 St Margaretsbury v Halstead Town

Report stolen from another Forum without me crediting the original poster:

St Margaretsbury 6 Halstead Town 2

FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round Replay Att; 100 H/c Admission £7 including prog. Coffee and Snickers £1.80

Cracking game this played at a frantic pace throughout with some cracking goals too. Overall scoreline a little harsh on Halstead as they played their part although the second half was dominated by St Margaretsbury. Add to that the fact Halstead led by the only goal when the tie was initially played only to be abandoned due to floodlight failure and it is difficult not to sympathise with them.

At one point it looked as thought that would be an irrelevance as Halstead took the lead on 15 minutes with a close range finish following a right wing attack. The hosts levelled about 10 minutes later from a corner, but within 2 minutes the visitors regained the lead with a well taken goal from a tight angle when the scorer rounded the keeper following some defensive hesitation - AND stayed on his feet when others may have fallen. A couple of minutes prior to half time the hosts levelled again when the young referee played an excellent advantage when they broke and he fed the ball to a colleague about 25 yards out. The following chip over the keeper was exquisite and we went in at half time all square.

The second half was really dominated by the hosts. Whether Halstead faded, or St Margaretsbury upped their game I don't know, but four goals followed including a couple of excellent finishes. The home keeper was virtually a spectator in the second half as his colleagues ran riot. Both sides contributed to a superb game - really enjoyable as did the referee. One or two meaty challenges went in - but nothing nasty and he was happy to let it flow and was consistent throughout. A mention too to the pitch at Station Road; A lot of rain fell in the 48 hours leading up to the game, but the condition of the pitch was immaculate and it never cut up at all.

A nice set up at Station Road, although I am not a lover of the metal pre-fabbed stand, when they are placed on top of a grass bank raised above the pitch level they have a place. A decent size cover alongside and a vey good café next to that make for a decent venue at this level.

Edited by Karen Browne

PREMIER DIVISION

0-2 Cockfosters v London Tigers

Report stolen from another Forum without me crediting the original poster:

Cockfosters 0-2 London Tigers

SSML Prem Att h/c 42 Adm £6 Prog £1

Cockfosters have, I suspect, surprised even themselves by being top of the league prior tolast night. Their luck ran out here as despite having more shots on goal, their finishing was wayward allowing the previously winless visitors to nick it with two well-taken 2nd half goals (66 & 80).

A small covered structure between the two dugouts has been erected since last season. The notorious pitch was good despite 36 hours of rain - perhaps 'Fosters won't have to play 32 games in Mar-Apr this season?

Edited by Karen Browne