Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Strictly Come Dancing - 2014

Lets get ready to rumble folks, meet this years contestants including, wait for it, Judy Murray, Pixie Lott, Caroline Flack, Mark Wright, Simon Webbe and Thom Evans to name just six:

https://uk.celebrity.yahoo.com/photos/strictly-come-dancing-2014-official-line-up-photos-revealed-and-they-re-very-sparkly-1409647960-slideshow/pixie-lott-strictly-come-dancing-photo-1409647908464.html

What did we think of the 14 pairings for this years extravaganza folks, Judy Murray was always going to get Anton du Beke wasn't she:

Thom Evans – Iveta Lukosiute

Scott Mills – Joanne Clifton

Gregg Wallace – Aliona Vilani

Simon Webbe – Kristina Rihanoff

Tim Wonnacott – Natalie Lowe

Jake Wood – Janette Manrara

Mark Wright – Karen Hauer

Frankie Bridge – Kevin Clifton

Caroline Flack – Pasha Kovalev

Alison Hammond – Aljaz Skorjanec

Jennifer Gibney – Tristan MacManus

Pixie Lott – Trent Whiddon

Judy Murray – Anton du Beke

Sunetra Sarker – Brendan Cole

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2747341/So-Andy-think-Mum-flop-Strictly-Come-Dancing-Judy-gets-spirit-occasion-shows-little-leg-glitzy-photograph.html

Are any of these people supposed to be famous or something?

I understand the programme is in decline, surely it would have been better to find some new Laugh At a Z-Lister with the demise of Brucie.

Then again, I'm sure the likes of Rhodesly and his ilk lap al of this stuff up. Bit like going to Margate on your hols year in year out eh Rhodesly?

Good for you Rhodesly, loyalty and all that.

Are any of these people supposed to be famous or something?

So you haven't heard of Pixie Lott then who sells millions of records or Judy Murray, er Andy Murray's mum

So you haven't heard of Pixie Lott then who sells millions of records or Judy Murray, er Andy Murray's mum

I assumed Pixie Lott was one of the dancers, silly name really. Andy Murray's mum is a celeb? But what has she ever won Rhodesly?

Anyway, good for you, these minority things needs the support of the average Sun reader, cudos Rhodesly,

But what has she ever won Rhodesly?

Er, she gave birth to our first Wimbledon champion since Fred Perry in 1936

Any woman without genetical predisposition or injury can do that Rhodesly, hardly a big win.

Anyway, so you are saying that out of that list of 14 that the best you can do is a woman who got pregnant and raised a son and a pop star with a silly name are the most famous?

No, I'm not criticising, you lot must lap that stuff up. Jolly good, remember to tell us all when it's on so that we can water the garden ors some such, ta.

Wrong again our first Wimbledon champion since Fred Perry was Virginia Wade (1977)

Loosely - What on earth are you talking about, obviously if Judy wasn't Andy Murray's mum then she wouldn't be on the show but she's a celebrity in her own right and has done wonders for British tennis. Anyway I bet you're really an avid fan, it's the ususal story isn't it and if I had said the show was rubbish you would have been singing about it from the rooftops, what else is there to do in Southport anyway other than watch tv.

Loosely - What on earth are you talking about, obviously if Judy wasn't Andy Murray's mum then she wouldn't be on the show but she's a celebrity in her own right and has done wonders for British tennis. Anyway I bet you're really an avid fan, it's the ususal story isn't it and if I had said the show was rubbish you would have been singing about it from the rooftops, what else is there to do in Southport anyway other than watch tv.

What on earth do you mean Rhodesly - a celebrity in her own right? What has she done apart from get pregnant? Does she have a TV show, a recording contract, no, none of those things because all she's ever done is sit thin lipped on her bum in the family box at Wimbledon looking miserable just like her sullen jock son.

I think this stuff is fine for your sort Rhodesly, you mustn't be so embarrassed and defensive about it. By the standard of the show if she's the best they can scrape up then alls well that ends well. Poor old Brucie, he must be turning in his wheelchair.

all she's ever done is sit thin lipped on her bum in the family box at Wimbledon looking miserable just like her sullen jock son.

I've heard of tight lipped but what on earth is thin lipped, you're priceless you really are!

I've heard of tight lipped but what on earth is thin lipped, you're priceless you really are!

Rhodesly, the number of things you've never heard of would most likely fill its own Encyclopedia Rhodesicus:-

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=thin-lipped

http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/thin-lipped

https://www.wordnik.com/words/thin-lipped

Perhaps your everyday knowledge and common-sense isn't much in demand in your field of work.

Wrong again our first Wimbledon champion since Fred Perry was Virginia Wade (1977)

Oops thank you Only Connect - I forgot Dorothy Round Little (1934 and 1937), Angela Mortimer Barrett (1961) and Ann Haydon-Jones (1969).

What some people will do to earn a bob or two, especially on the backs of their famous offspring !!

• 3 weeks later...

Not long now folks before it all kicks off in earnest, hold on to your hats!

So who saw, sorry, witnessed the opening extravaganza on Friday and last night, it lived up to all expectation didn't it but if you were unfortunate enough to miss the two shows here are the BBC iplayer links, enjoy:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006m8dq/episodes/player