Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Edgware Town 1st Team Manager

I can't imagine there's that much money if only 5 Cockfosters players played for them Saturday. Wherever they've got their new players from, 2 wins out of 2 is a good enough start.

Yeah true, perhaps he has decent list of contacts and has a 'project' people buying in to. Must be a good bit of dough at the club, paid for that groundshare etc

"Depends on if there is money to be had and what the club is hoping to achieve I guess. Plenty of players play below or drop down".

Was Shrievesy getting dosh at you lot? I think Him and Claude played alittle below there level over there

Edited by RendonBodgers

Was Shrievesy getting dosh at you lot? I think Him and Claude played alittle below there level over there

Exactly, plenty of players drop down and play below if you have ambition to try and finish right end of the table or win a league you need players better than the level you are in. Former manager was giving them a few quid for sure, less than they were offered elsewhere mind, don't forget Claude was not even wanted by Newport Pagnell when he signed for us and was really unfit and nobody knew of him, we got him fit and firing, both really enjoyed playing for club and have said they would let rule out returning. Had tried to get Vinny back when he decided to leave Bedford and understand a couple of supporters were going to sponsor him but it didn't work out and he's now at Kempston. helped Claude get a move to Arlesey unfortunately he wasn't really given a fair crack there but then helped him get a move to Leighton. We also recently helped move Young Ryan Freshwater to Aylesbury. We always looking to help players progress too. We also got both Ryan and a claude Training with Brackley at times last season.

Edited by Winslow Boy

Blimey his football CV will be a few pages long with that many teams. Seems the main hotshot at the moment though is Marky Blackborne with 2 in 2 already. AND missed a pen sat according to social media souces.

Is definitely Stuart who has scored the goals, Marks playing right back. And from what I gather No money is being spent on the players, Mick and Fab using their contacts and persuasion skills to get players down. The Pitch and future facilities will no doubt be a major pulling factor to. The ground re-development to at least a C grade will also entice people, although at the moment it looks a bit tatty around the ground and changing rooms, but if the plans that are on show at the ground are to go by, it will be an impressive stadium next year. With shelter on 4 sides, extra seating areas in the ground, and extended changing rooms and shower rooms.

The Pitch and future facilities will no doubt be a major pulling factor to. The ground re-development to at least a C grade will also entice people, although at the moment it looks a bit tatty around the ground and changing rooms, but if the plans that are on show at the ground are to go by, it will be an impressive stadium next year. With shelter on 4 sides, extra seating areas in the ground, and extended changing rooms and shower rooms.

So slightly better than Cockfosters ground then ;)

Sounds like its going to be a very decent ground which was already a good ground in my opinion.

Do you know him Dom? Can we expect a seven dayer going in for you to take up the spot in between the sticks?

Yes, i was helping run Cockfosters first team a few years ago and Mick was running the reserves. He had a lot of those players with him at the reserves and that usually means they have a strong unit as otherwise they should have come up and play for the first team as we needed them, but they were loyal to the gaffer.

I haven't heard anything, but i'm very happy with what's going on at Southall at the moment, were definitely heading in the right direction, and if i can get a bit more petrol and strapping money it will tick all the boxes :-)