Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

sheerwater fc

salv

Ground share kills the heart of the club and I personally believe Sheerwater will benefit from playing in the Surrey Elite whilst there facilities are being built, since leaving Laleham to ground share at Ashford the Lammas have gone from 4 teams down to one, we are now in the process of trying to build the club back up again, which is very hard indeed, the lack of people who want to help out at a club is far less than years gone by, groundshare is pointless unless you have plans in place for your own ground, like CB Hounslow for example, all ground sharing does is lose you any fans that you did have and ruins the social side of a club and puts a financial burden on a club and for what for?

The FA are killing there own leagues, step 6 and 7 should be for clubs with decent pitches and railings, so basically everything but lights, and step 5 should be what it is today, I think it's ridiculous that Virginia Water, Yately and Battersea Ironside cannot play in CCL div one, hopefully the FA will have a change of heart but I very much doubt it.

Ellers I couldn't agree more. The rules need to be relaxed. I think step 6 should be limited Senior status. Virginia Water, Yateley, Lammas back at Laleham, Horsley all into the mix. Battersea Ironsides no though, unless they made some improvements as they play cricket on the same ground. Worcester Park would be a good example of what could work in that regard. When I was at Ripley a few years back we had a side good enough for comfortable mid table in CCL 1 but could never have got into the league due to the cricket situation. We looked at building a new ground adjacent to the cricket but it lost momentum pretty quickly, mainly due to not enough support within the club. Having played cricket most of my life I have no objection at all to sports clubs working together to make things better - it happens a lot in the Wessex and Sussex leagues - but for whatever reason it didn't work at Ripley and the idea has gone now, probably forever.

It's a shame about Sheerwater and especially for Trevor as he gives everything, but the reality is the FA have rules they want to enforce and that's that. There should be money made available from the top down as they have plenty, although this wouldn't fulfil everyone's needs, obviously.

Bad Guy,your having a bad day at the office son,nothing is given to anyone in Football,Knaphill and Westfield had a strong Committee,who probably worked tirelessly to get the funding for their new facilities,they had no Financial clout either.Sheerwater in my opinion is a 1 man band,albeit a nice man.However when Young Veteran,Foxy10,Loop of this parish there was a small glimmer of hope for Sheerwater.Alas 1 by 1 they have left,have you ever asked yourself why.As for Clubs who groundshare have nothing to worry about,what a load of tosh you spout,5/6k a season on crowds of 50,does not add up in anyones book,just look what has happened to groundsharers in the CCL over the short time,I have been watching,Bookham,Croydon Municipal,Farnborough North End,Warlingham,retired hurt.The League in my opinion have failed it's Membership by not educating them enough on what Grants/Funding is available out in the Big Wide World that is Football.Bedfont Sports,South Park,Spelthorne Sports,Croydon,Wembley,Knaphill,Westfield,have known where to go,so why not others.

Not as bad as your day Smudge, when you have all this knowledge about whats going on, yet you don't know whats happening at your local beloved Croydon !!! :D

When I say clubs that groundshare have nothing to worry about, it means their club will not be relegated/demoted into a lower league .... provided they cough up with the cash !!!  

Typically and not surprising, you completely missed my point.  All I am saying is that I think its unfair that the FA penalise by demoting clubs who have their OWN CLUB where teams that groundshare, irrespective paying out £8-10k a season, are not penalised, infact Its fortunate that some clubs can afford to pay this amount out !

At least clubs are doing their utmost to keep their club/ground alive instead of paying out £8-10k, lose their identity as Ellers says but stay in the league, surely the FA have to look at this ?

How long has it taken Knaphill, Westfield, Everseley ???  Fortunately they got assistance funding from their Council or where would these clubs be ?   I appreciate clubs have had 3 years pre-warning, but how much can be made thru' funding in that time, or who even has the time to do it ? - Sometimes reality has to sink in and perhaps the FA can help ?

Do you understand now Smudge  ;)

Not as bad as your day Smudge, when you have all this knowledge about whats going on, yet you don't know whats happening at your local beloved Croydon !!! :D

When I say clubs that groundshare have nothing to worry about, it means their club will not be relegated/demoted into a lower league .... provided they cough up with the cash !!!  

Typically and not surprising, you completely missed my point.  All I am saying is that I think its unfair that the FA penalise by demoting clubs who have their OWN CLUB where teams that groundshare, irrespective paying out £8-10k a season, are not penalised, infact Its fortunate that some clubs can afford to pay this amount out !

At least clubs are doing their utmost to keep their club/ground alive instead of paying out £8-10k, lose their identity as Ellers says but stay in the league, surely the FA have to look at this ?

How long has it taken Knaphill, Westfield, Everseley ???  Fortunately they got assistance funding from their Council or where would these clubs be ?   I appreciate clubs have had 3 years pre-warning, but how much can be made thru' funding in that time, or who even has the time to do it ? - Sometimes reality has to sink in and perhaps the FA can help ?

Do you understand now Smudge  ;)

Groundsharing saved Dorking did it not,they would of been goners,if you had your way.

WIth the regeneration works in Sheerwater due to finish at the end of 2016 I think that it would be a shame to lose them from the CCL. A groundshare would be ideal for Sheerwater for a season or two. I sat in discussions with the council along with Trevor and, without divulging too much info as sworn to secrecy, I thought everything was being done to make sure relegation would not be an option. Whatever happens there will be a period of time whereas Sheerwater will be without a ground, this leaves the option of park pitches or groundshare and that will determine which league they play in. The plans we laid down for the clubs future made for a club with great potential, the ground that they may be able to end up with would allow the club to thrive in the community.

Trevor does work very hard for the club and has done a great job keeping it alive over the years when times have been tough. The things everyone at the club managed to achieve whilst I was there showed that there is potential in any club if you can all work together to achieve it.

I think it is a shame what the FA are doing, or have tried to do over the last few years in relegating teams for ground issues. The leagues are depleted as a result and I think the plans they have are floored due to no real future plan for this situation, lose more teams and they will need to restructure even more. I agree in promoting clubs that have good facilities like Virginia Water etc and obviously only allowing them to reach level 6 until grounds are improved, there has to be a transitional league to allow growth otherwise you cut off the supply, how many clubs have come through in the last five years without groundsharing, and survived? There are not many clubs in the Surrey Elite for example that can progress because the financial implications of getting grounds up to standard are far too high and they would only get two years to complete them. If ground improvements can be achieved over a number of years then clubs can have the ambition to progress.

I hope that Sheerwater, Farleigh and Worcester Park can find solutions and I hope that we could promote more well run clubs that deserve the opportunity to progress to the CCL.

Whilst I agree with the above I don't believe the FA will budge.

On a positive note: There are in my opinion too many clubs at CCL level that is diluting the quality of football. Maybe with fewer clubs the better players will join other clubs and things will improve. This I know is no consolation to Sheerwater etc and I wish them luck in the future

Groundsharing saved Dorking did it not,they would of been goners,if you had your way.

Its not what I want Smudge, its just my opinion that clubs/grounds who do their absolute utmost to survive yet groundsharers pay £8-10k who are not considered.  All am saying is I think its unfair on the likes of Sheerwater, Farleigh and Worcester Park. 

If these 3 clubs had money to burn they could probably groundshare and problem solved, but they will lose their identity for example E&E and the likes....but they would remain in the CCL ! ;)  

Easy Solution,would not cost a lot in the overall picture of things for Sheerwater.Their Council comes to a groundsharing agreement with another Club in their area,and pays the cost,as a gesture of goodwill to Sheerwater.

Ha ha we can dream on, but would that also go for Farleigh and Worcecster Park ?

So these 3 clubs are demoted/relegated, who has the high league placings and ground grading facility to come up into CCL Div. 1 ? 

As it stands in the CCL Div. 1 table,  2 of the above 3 Farleigh and Worcester Park are placed 1st and 3rd respectively, with AFC Croydon in between, and its looking good for these 3 at present with Banstead on the outside, so IF the positions remain the same come the end of the season, only AFC Croydon would be promoted into CCL Prem with only the bottom CCL Prem club being relegated, so no 3 up and 3 down ?  I presume this is right ?

This must be good news I'm sure for some of the CCL Prem teams in and around the relegation zone for their CCL Prem status survival !  ;)

Also I've just seen that Chessington & Hook have only played 9 (NINE) league games, in 5 months thats ridiculous !!!   Every season Chessington & Hook have this problem whilst others have played 20-21 games !!!  With Epsom Athletic only played 14 games its going to be a very busy second half of the season for these clubs at Chalky Lane ! ;)

Also I've just seen that Chessington & Hook have only played 9 (NINE) league games, in 5 months thats ridiculous !!!   Every season Chessington & Hook have this problem whilst others have played 20-21 games !!!  With Epsom Athletic only played 14 games its going to be a very busy second half of the season for these clubs at Chalky Lane ! ;)

Well maybe not - for the past 2 seasons C&H had played 20 League games by this time of year and the season before that 22.  ;)

Well maybe not - for the past 2 seasons C&H had played 20 League games by this time of year and the season before that 22.  ;)

My memory deceives me Green Fingers as I am sure Chessington & Hook always have a back log of fixtures seeing them eventually play Saturday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday so to get all their fixtures in before leagues closing date... I do stand corrected tho '  ;)

My memory deceives me Green Fingers as I am sure Chessington & Hook always have a back log of fixtures seeing them eventually play Saturday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday so to get all their fixtures in before leagues closing date... I do stand corrected tho '  ;)

Being wrong twice in a day BG.  Not been a good one for you :)

That smudgeitis is contagious Krooner.Still waiting for BG's run down on Molesey,and his Ashford v Spelthorne report I like his new Catchphrase 'I STAND TO BE CORRECTED' Any 1 got a whip.

Smudge and Krooner ....staring as Muppets..... Old Gits '' Statler & Waldorf'' applause please... ha ha ha... Question Smudge, whos the joint manager at Croydon ?? LOL   Happy New Year