Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

So, how many points do we need in your opionion ?

Now it's getting to the business end of the season, and with a few defeats coming our way, everyone is now starting to look behind us.

So, in your opinion, how many points do you think we will need.?

I've put our points total and games left as well as those in the bottom three (as after 7th March)

Slough 43 points and 10 games

=> Truro (h), Cirencester (a), Corby (h), Hitchin (a), St. Neots (h), Hungerford (a), Dunstable (a), Frome (h), Dorchester (a), (Banbury)

Arlesey 28 points and 9 games

>= Weymouth (h), Chesham (a), Poole (h), Cirencester (a), Hungerford (h), Biggleswade (a), Paulton (h), Truro (a), Redditch (h)

Banbury 23 points and 10 games

>= Corby (a), Biggleswade (a), Paulton (h), Burnham (a), Redditch (a), Weymouth (h), Poole (a), Histon (h), Chesham (a), (Slough)

Burnham 19 points and 9 games

>= Cambridge (a), Chippenham (a), Histon (h), Weymouth (a), Banbury (h), Chesham (a), Redditch (h), Hitchin (a), Cirencester (a)

I really don't think we're in any trouble of relegation, even if we lost all our remaining games the sides below us would all have to go on very decent runs which I just can't see. Hopefully we can stop the rut in the game and finish the season on good form. Does anyone think the players don't believe they are playing for their place next season and maybe that's showing in the performances?

If we get the 3 points from the Banbury game,that we deserve.That will make us safe.

Looking at the ten matches in an optimistic way,I would hope for three wins,three draws and expecting to lose four but the way we are currently playing,that hope is with rose-tinted glasses on ! 

I really don't think we're in any trouble of relegation, even if we lost all our remaining games the sides below us would all have to go on very decent runs which I just can't see. Hopefully we can stop the rut in the game and finish the season on good form. Does anyone think the players don't believe they are playing for their place next season and maybe that's showing in the performances?

Some teams have a bad run at some stage in the season, Dunstable had something like 10 defeats on the bounce earlier in the season.

I really don't think our players are being complacent or don't think they are playing for their places for next season. IMO it really is just a case of players collectively being out of form.

No way that Arlesey will win 5 out of 9 so I would say we are safe

Definitely some alarm bells though as we see our neighbours Burnham.....Last season (also their first at step 3) they started well, they were going well until mid jan and then in their last 19 games they won 2 drew 1 and lost 16.........

This season speaks for itself for them but lets hope the similarities between us stop soon

The thing with Burnham though is they have had a season of instability what with manager changes, the amount of player changes, etc.

That will all have the affect of helping them be where they are, and I can't see that happening to us.

I think Neil and John will use the learning curve from this season and will have at least a few plans put together for next, especially with the calibre of players we have got coming back from long term injury, and how they help the other players up their games as well.

Definitely some alarm bells though as we see our neighbours Burnham.....Last season (also their first at step 3) they started well, they were going well until mid jan and then in their last 19 games they won 2 drew 1 and lost 16.........

This season speaks for itself for them but lets hope the similarities between us stop soon

I think sometimes when players have nothing to go for ie promotion,cups or the relegation fight,it's natural for their pedals to slip off the gas,so to speak and as someone else said on the Cambridge match thread,the game felt like an end of season match for Slough.

I think the players should get a wake up call,that their places aren't guaranteed for next season and re-focus their efforts to finish the season with a bit of style and panache and true grit , like how they started the season.

We don't expect miracles but I would like us to put up a decent showing in at least, 6 games out of the 10,starting with the Truro match this Saturday.   

Edited by 3spirit

Points we need ? As many as possible so that we get at least a true mid table finish------a good finish and positive news on the ground will help in attracting the level of players we are now all accepting that we need.

It is harder to attract talent to a team that seems to be struggling.

I don't mind Arlesey getting 5 wins as long as they don't get the required draw   ;)

Im sure we are already safe but would like to see a lot more points The players really need something to aim for. We are currently the worst performing of the four clubs promoted from the lower divisions How about changing that situation as a target to motivate for the rest of this season.

I don't mind Arlesey getting 5 wins as long as they don't get the required draw   ;)

On that basis we would need to lose all 10 games, which would involve a negative goal difference of at least minus 10, and they would need to win 5 of 9 so more than likely a positive goal difference, therefore no a guarantee they would need the draw (just playing devils advocate)

Of the 10 teams left to play (if we have to play Banbury), we have beaten Corby, Truro, St Neots, Banbury, Hitchin and Dorchester, whilst drawing with Frome, and losing to Dunstable, Hungerford, and Cirencester.

Clearly a tough run in however whilst it has been poor last few games, we do not anticipate going the next 10 games without getting a point, and will be working very hard to arrest the slide.

Hitchin went through a very similar run earlier in the season when I think they had not won in 13, Biggleswade up until recently were 14, Dunstable also... it is a very unforgiving league.

We will have Adam Martin back from suspension after Saturday, and I think we have missed him the last couple of games, and with the 2 sessions we have this week, we will be working very hard to try and get something from a big strong powerful Truro team.

I'll be happy just so long as we don't fall into the trap of relying on other teams to lose. Seeing as we're 15 points clear of the drop zone with 9 games left to play (10 if you include Banbury), there should be absolutely no reason why we should find ourselves in that position. However, until it's mathematical I'm not going to simply assume we're safe.

3 more wins should do it IMO.