Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Frome Away - FA Trophy Saturday 14th November

Curtis

Frome have a new manager and new players and are now a very different proposition than earlier in the season.

With their good home form and our poor away league record this game is in the balance.

Personally I'd take a draw now.

Think you're right, RR, we're in for a hard game but if we're on our A game, we may be able to wrestle a win from them.

On a selfish note, I wouldn't mind a draw, that way I get to watch the replay on Tuesday !  

I am sure we had a game plan, but it was not evident from the play.

Frome worked harder and wanted it more and they got the result, even with 10 men.

Some things never change at Frome with the moronic comments which included their racial ones towards our players and inappropriate comments about what happened in France - that is why most of our fans moved away from the drunken village inbreads next to the bar who only turn up to get pissed and try to pick a fight.  I have been there twice now and witnessed this behaviour which they think is normal, I will not be going back.

Ended up 2-1 to Frome.

We went 1-0 up thanks to Lewis Putman but they went in 2-1 up by the break with no goals coming in the second half, only a red card for one of their players.

On a horrible wet, muddy, slopping pitch with wind and rain playing against a very aggressive style of play I don't envy our players one bit.

Got a feeling that many people will say we weren't good enough or we lacked something today, but I would challenge anyone to play in those conditions against that team after a long trip and play much better.

Frome worked harder and wanted it more and they got the result, even with 10 men.

Some things never change at Frome with the moronic comments which included their racial ones towards our players and inappropriate comments about what happened in France - that is why most of our fans moved away from the drunken village inbreads next to the bar who only turn up to get pissed and try to pick a fight.  I have been there twice now and witnessed this behaviour which they think is normal, I will not be going back.

Have to agree that the last time we played at Frome some of their moronic 'supporters' around the bar area made racist comments about Slough.

It seems to be a recurring theme when we play Frome and I'm sure,as a club, Frome turn a deaf ear to it so perhaps we should make a strong complaint to the Frome management and maybe the league. 

Edited by Reading Rebel

Very disappointing  The appalling conditions were exactly the same for both teams but Frome adapted better to them I agree its not a nice place to go. Some partisan and unpleasant spectators. There are claims by Frome that the referee was biased against them as the result of constant comments yelled at him by our joint managers Most disappointing for me is the loss of a revenue stream that would have been really useful Funny old game We exit the Trophy Marlow go through.

Hard to believe 'Frome worked harder and wanted it more'

Workrate and endeavour is surely something we pride ourselves on? 

Edited by Reading Rebel