Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tuesday 27th September

I wasn't there either but much has been made of who was 'at fault', and whether or not there is segregation between the spectators and players.

My memory of the Stotfold ground from earlier this season is that there is segregation but the players have to 'cut across' the spectator areas to get to the dressing rooms, although I can't remember whether there is a gate which can be open and shut.

As to who is at fault, the first question has to be where did the incident actually take place - off the pitch, a la Cantona or on the pitch? And if it's 'at the fringes' players should not involve themselves with players.

I was there but I didn't see what went on after the WGC player was sent off. The gist I got from the league officials & referees assesors when the spoke after the abandonment was the player was abused as he walked off the pitch by an aggressive & abusive Stotfold supporter & they ended up in a scuffle. I saw most of the players & others then ran towards the confrontation & broke it up. The referee then blew his whistle & decided to abandon the game. The players were then shaking hands after on the pitch. There weren't any stewards there at all. Why should Wgcfc be ashamed of themselves? Would Wgcfc be to blame if they were playing this game with this incident at home? Who would be to blame if by chance the Wgcfc player got stabbed by the supporter whilst walking off the field of play? Too much blame is being laid on Wgcfc regarding this incident when all of the blame should be laid solely on Stotfoldsale doorstep in my opinion

You say you did not see what went on after the sending off but all the blame belongs to Stotfold,

That`s a very fair opinion. I hope you never get called up for jury service.

Wasnt present, didnt see it, so i can only go on hearsay.....But it does seem very stupid considering WGC were 2-0...but as a supporter...i do know and hear a lot of the gobby type at every ground....mouthing off to refs, players, lino's etc.

What cracks me up is the fact that people do in fact think theyre invincible...if you verbally abuse someone, sooner of later someone will react...im not saying its right, but it is reality....seems Stotfold have a brave supporter....perhaps its him, perhaps its not.

Johnno - Fair play for trying to deflect the situation onto making Ballsy such a nice person all of a sudden....butter wouldnt melt...perhaps he has turned a corner, perhaps he has seeked help....perhaps its early days in the season....perhaps we shall see by the end of the season if youre eating your words....all i know is, i wouldnt be counting on it...Leopard and all that.

As for Adam, perhaps he was highlighting how the game started to get out of control perhaps with an inferior ref in charge...i attended Hertford v London Tigers last night....absolutely woeful game and refereeing display...didnt produce a yellow until the second half after some shocking tackles....but looking at that video Mr Fish posted, none were as bad as that....im a Defender...id be ashamed if i did that to another player, both feet off the ground and lunged...textbook trying to injure a player...if he was my teammate, either side, id be either having a word.

At the end of the day, if you were there then fair enough but none of us were and people that were....its not always as it seems...was it the player who made that tackle involved in the sending off etc etc?

Too many "Never played the game" types at this level commenting these days.

Didn't think the officials were too bad at Hertford/Tigers.

The ref let a few go but was right on the spot to give decisions and calm any potential flashpoints.

The players respected the decisions with or without cautions and just got on with the game.

Seen worse this season . . . 

Didn't think the officials were too bad at Hertford/Tigers.

The ref let a few go but was right on the spot to give decisions and calm any potential flashpoints.

The players respected the decisions with or without cautions and just got on with the game.

Seen worse this season . . . 

First half he missed so many poor tackles 90% of the time from London Tigers...second half it was as though he was "put straight".....

I found it massively disrespectful from the Hertford bench, in particular Lovell, when your ex keeper had a mare for the OG....laughing and taking the p*ss....

I think Hertford are decent and could go close, but i feel Draper is showing his age in the heart of that defence at times. Still a good player but Jay covered him so much.

Funny thing is Lovell should be at wgc still, i think his Dad swiped him as he just knew...knew he needed him to cover and to spite wgc....thats not bitterness, just an observation.

First half he missed so many poor tackles 90% of the time from London Tigers...second half it was as though he was "put straight".....

I found it massively disrespectful from the Hertford bench, in particular Lovell, when your ex keeper had a mare for the OG....laughing and taking the p*ss....

I think Hertford are decent and could go close, but i feel Draper is showing his age in the heart of that defence at times. Still a good player but Jay covered him so much.

Funny thing is Lovell should be at wgc still, i think his Dad swiped him as he just knew...knew he needed him to cover and to spite wgc....thats not bitterness, just an observation.

True but rather he let a few go then the card-happy refs throwing cautions around like confetti and ruining the game.

To be fair to Phil, a) He wasn't at Hertford when Ini played for us and B) It was bloody funny!

Even Ini had an embarrassed giggle with me about it in the clubhouse after the game.

The Gaffa knows all about Drapes and his limitations.

We still have another CB recovering from injury to come back in when fit.

Seems HallSea's Penis has added another account, welcome to the forum KissMyButt. Butt and Penis, that just about sums up Welwyn's level of maturity.

I was at the game and I have to admit, it was "handbags at ten paces". I'm talking real "six of one, half a dozen of the other" stuff. I'm not one to stir the pot, but if we're looking to place the blame and I was forced to give an answer, with a heavy heart and a lot of thought, I'd have to edge towards saying it was 1 million percent Welwyn's fault. But it's opinions at the end of the day. Talking of which, my opinion on A.Fisher putting that video up after.... embarrassing. 

Welwyns fault to lad got sent off, pure stupidity from the player, 100% stotfolds fault that when the player left the pitch he was verbally abused and then assaulted once confronted by the fans and ended up in the Fern Tree's behind the tea stand. Stotfold have a duty of care for the players while on the field of play and when they are walking between the field and changing rooms.

ignorance to the real issue is bliss in the cold light of day.

Classic Welwyn, something being their fault is described by them as "an impossibility". 

more to do with the probability of the cause. Welwyn couldn't possibly be 1 million percent at fault, if giving a statement of accounts, try to be remotely accurate with your facts RH. i expected better from you.

more to do with the probability of the cause. Welwyn couldn't possibly be 1 million percent at fault, if giving a statement of accounts, try to be remotely accurate with your facts RH. i expected better from you.

CHOMP! 

• 2 weeks later...

No fella youre a chump...oh and i have no second account.

Plus youre clearly biased and incapable of commenting fairly!

Good to see Oxhey doing well though...deflects a poor wgc season so far!

Yes whats happening at WGC, really thought they would be right up there. 

We're shite, just proves big money and football don't mix  :D

Thought better of you Karen....i think thats harsh!

I think making a nut job the captain and also bringing in too many new faces and getting rid of decent core players hasnt helped...too much change, meaning players have to gel straight away.

Also keeping the faith in very average players of the likes of D.Payne arent helping the cause.

As much as i like Adam, i feel sometimes he doesnt have a plan B. But still a good manager, whose learning his trade well.