Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Worthing FC

littlehampton

A very even game which could have gone either way. Worthing were a very capable opponent but they were undone by two good Town goals. Nathan Macdonald was the busier of the two keepers and was a worthy man of the match, but I've got to add that I love the way Billy Crook plays football. He's so cool and calm on the ball and always makes the right decision. It was fitting that he scored the winning goal with the calmest of finishes from some really good Town interplay.

Game was a bit scrappy I thought. A couple of good moves but lacking final ball quality. Then a back heel and a goal.

I thought we were going to score after we brought the subs on when the game opened up a bit. A scuffed shot was fine by me.

Then the wing backs withdrew deeper and we played pretty sensibly with effectively a back 5 restricting Worthing. Apart from a couple of scares though I thought we played out the end of the match well.

The squad looks good and although I don't want to tempt fate I am looking up not down now.

Every game is important for us , what backs it up is when you attend matches with hope and positivity which we have plenty of at the moment.

We will get off days I.e v Wingate and it's taken time for our starting line up to settle and show a regular consistency of the same 8-9 players being selected.

Fingers crossed we win v's Kings Langley as that'll put us in the final Qualifying Round and a chance of attracting a big non league club in round one if successful , we are well overdue a glamour tie at Donkey Lane.