Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Illegible player

On the face of it I agree with the noble fellow with no links to any club but is championing the cause of football in the Aylesbury area.

So looks like the player came on in the 79th minute, so presuming they argued score was 2-1 when he came on. Still can't see how they didn't get thrown out if that was the sole argument.

The problem is that the League rule (posted by Karen) regarding ineligible players only refers to

automatic points deductions (for league fixtures) and not the concession of cup games.

p.s. Have Tring also been fined, and were any 'conditions' placed on the re-arranged fixture?

Edited by Whitley Bay

Whether aston lose or not isn't the point, the point is they played an ineligible player therefore breaking rules yet I bet if it was the other way around aston would of been thrown out the competition

"...would have..." - not "...would of..." - I feel like an English teacher....

Edited by Whitley Bay

Seems the rule book does not cover cup games for ineligible players only league games. If you lose 3 points for playing an ineligible player surely that means you lose the cup game.