Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Merstham v Enfield Town

seemgee

2 hours ago, Tom S said:

Adding to my previous post, the grading requirement for step 3 is a minimum pitch width of 64 metres which translates to 69.99 yards. So I would guess Merstham's pitch is 70 yards wide and Steph slightly underestimated the distance between the 10-yard mark and the 18-yard line. Does anyone know the width of our pitch?

Our pitch  is 64m wide and Mersthams is also 64m wide,Although lengthwise our pitch is approx 2-3m longer than Mersthams.

Using Google Earth measuring tool.

21 hours ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

Yesterdays result was probably due in part to bad luck but our win ratio in tight games cannot always be put down to this. I therefore concluded that we still have to find a way to correct this if we are to really progress. 

LH  I have read the Mersham report and have noted their comments but this does not deter me from my main point. In fact if you had taken the time to read what I said in my previous comment I was willing to accept that on Saturday we probably had some bad luck. In fact I would go as far as to say that what was said or not said bares little consequence to the result. However, once again you seem to find it difficult to offer up any kind of comment on my main concerns. ( See quote above).

Regarding " Huffing and Puffing" it was not in Theo's  previous post (Singular) just prior to mine 21hrs ago. I really must ask you again to read things more carefully before jumping in.

21 hours ago, Theodopolous said:

. I mentioned numerous times that a number of club members seem happy with  mediocrity... that is what we have and nothing will change

21 hours ago, Theodopolous said:

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

Well said Andy, now  let's hope we start concentrating on the important matter of winning games.

That said, I often think what modern teams would say if they had to play with leather laced footballs and muddy pitches. In some instances they even now play on pitches like snooker tables. I also wonder how much Len Shackleton and Tom Finney would be worth under the present regime and how the current £200K a week stars would have coped against them. God I'm getting old!!!!!!   

Edited by 4wembleyfinals