Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Berkhamsted Raiders

Sorry to keep quoting the Barry Davies commentary from 1974 but it will be interesting, very interesting to see whether the Berkhamsted Raiders v Old Bradwell United Division 2 fixture will go ahead this evening at the Orbital Fasterners Stadium particularly if there is any further rain today which, fortunately for Berkhamsted Raiders, is looking unlikely. It wouldn't surprise me if Kings Langley took their tenants to one side and asked for a cancellation with their FA Cup 3rd Qualifying Round tie on Saturday against Corinthian Casuals and Watford Ladies entertaining Oxford United Ladies on Sunday, indeed Watford Ladies have three home game in a week on 6, 9 and 13 October, Kings Langley are also at home again on 12 October. We don't really know as yet how the hallowed turf is holding up following the early season problems and the deluge yesterday may well have thrown a spanner into the works.

Munchkin - Thanks for that, what do you suppose has gone so horribly wrong for Berkhamsted Raiders in the last two games, at Totternhoe on Saturday and this evening

Can’t comment on Saturday. Don’t think anything went wrong tonight.

we had the better chances overall, but Berko missed a sitter after about 20 when they were on top. We then scored 2 in quick succession and saw out the half.

2nd half lacked a bit of quality all over with neither team that effective in the final third.

after our defeat against Codicote very happy to win the last 2 as we enter a couple of cup games.

Edited by Munchkin

The match report from last night makes interesting reading, after finishing third, fifth two seasons running and runners up last season, as well as winning the Division 2 Cup, Old Bradwell United now look capable of winning Division 2 which would be great although, unfortunately, Abbey Road doesn't allow the Club to gain promotion to Step 6 does it which is a shame:

https://www.oldbradwellunited.com/teams/222532/match-centre/1-4802755/report

http://sportsshots.org.uk/?p=47247

I see that Kings Langley progressed further yesterday in the FA Cup against Corinthian Casuals so Berkhamsted Raiders will no doubt be huddled around their transistor radios at lunchtime tomorrow waiting for those numbers to come out of the velvet bag. Should Kings Langley be drawn at home in the Fourth Qualifying Round on Saturday 19 October that would mean Berkhamsted Raiders Division 2 Cup First Round tie against Aston Clinton will be postponed leaving them twiddling their thumbs on a Saturday afternoon yet again.

Karen - So you will find Berkhamsted Raiders a game on 19 October come what may, the only way I believe you can do it, should Kings Langley be drawn at home in the FA Cup, is to send them to Codicote in Division 2 who don't appear to have a game scheduled for that day, I gather Aston Clinton's Development team are playing at home so Berkhamsted Raiders can't go there  for a Division 2 fixture.

Just to let Berkhamsted Raiders know that the FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round draw will be made live on Talk Sport radio at 1.30pm, I wonder whether the Club are on their knees as yet praying for an away tie for Kings Langley:

http://www.thefa.com/news/2019/oct/04/fa-cup-fourth-round-qualifying-draw-details-041019

Berkhamsted Raiders prayers have been answered, Kings Langley have been drawn away to Maidstone United so they can have the run of the Orbital Fasterners Stadium on Saturday 19 October and entertain Aston Clinton in the Division 2 Cup, Karen will be relieved.

The full FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round draw, highlights include the other former SSML Club's Potters Bar Town, Haringey Borough, Royston Town and Oxford City hosting Barnet, Yeovil Town, Maldon & Tiptree and Margate respectively:

Carshalton Athletic v Dagenham & Redbridge

Dartford v Kingstonian or Weston Super Mare

Weymouth v Dover Athletic

Sutton United v Billericay Town

Torquay United v Boreham Wood

Potters Bar Town v Barnet

Royston Town v Maldon & Tiptree

Hayes and Yeading United v Poole Town

Canvey Island or Bowers & Pitsea v Chichester City

Oxford City v Margate

Maidenhead United v Bristol Manor Farm or Wealdstone

Maidstone United v Kings Langley

Bromley v Aldershot Town

Welling United v Eastleigh

Ebbsfleet United v Woking

Havant & Waterlooville v Dulwich Hamlet

Haringey Borough v Yeovil Town

Whyteleafe v Chippenham Town or Slough Town

AFC Fylde v Peterborough Sports

Tamworth or Hereford v Darlington

Southport v Altrincham

Chorley v Spennymoor Town

Nantwich Town v King’s Lynn Town

Hartlepool United v Brackley Town

Whitby Town or Gloucester City v Stourbridge

Barrow AFC v Solihull Moors

Gateshead v Colne

Hednesford Town v Boston United

There were four ties missing from the Northern Section of the draw:

York City v Stockport County

Notts County v Belper Town

Chesterfield v Wrexham

FC Halifax Town v Harrogate Town

http://nonleaguedaily.com/fa-cup-fourth-round-qualifying-draw/?mc_cid=7e17218db5&mc_eid=d914ad9d95#utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=fa-cup-fourth-round-qualifying-draw

It's so sad reading this now, eight years on, and Berkhamsted FC's best-laid plans for the beloved Broadwater Club and football in the area which has always been a hot bed of local talent. The sky could have quite easily been the limit if only Berkhamsted Raiders hadn't wanted things all their own way and, instead, worked hand in hand with Berkhamsted FC over the years, Premier League and Community minded Watford are just on the doorstep with all their millions so if Berkhamsted Raiders had played their cards right from the outset they may well have had their own stadium by now and all this bad feeling towards them could have been avoided:

Many of you know me and that I do a lot with local football in the Dacorum area especially in Berko. Thanks to Admin for allowing me to make this post.

Recently I have been asked to become a Director at Berkhamsted FC, which I have declined for now in order to establish a Supporters Association at the Club. To cut to the chase I am looking to generate membership and you can see a little more information at 
www.berkocomrades.org or apply at www.berkocomrades.org/apply (forms are downloadable or you can sign-up online and pay by PayPal).

There is a bit more info below and I realise that most of you will have little interest but thanks for reading anyway. Any questions please post below or email me at 
chair@berkocomrades.org.

Background Information:

As you may know Berkhamsted FC Limited was incorporated in March 2009 and is now playing in its third season having won two successive divisional titles and the promotion to the Spartan South Midlands Premier Division. Berkhamsted FC also recently received the Sir Stanley Rous Trophy from Herts FA as recognition of our two successive promotions, joining the ranks of previous winners that include Watford FC and Stevenage FC.

Berkhamsted FC (BFC) is the senior football club in the Town and many Berkhamsted Raiders youth players are now making the transition into the adult ranks as the two clubs are forging a closer and closer relationship. However, like most small clubs, it is obvious that BFC needs more volunteers and will need to continue to invest in the infrastructure of the club and we have every confidence in the current management treading the correct path based upon sound financial management.

I am leading a group of supporters (that includes one Berko FC director) in forming a Supporters Group and I will hold office in the Group. BFC is aware of the Supporters Association scheme and are positive towards its development. I would make the point, though, that the Supporters Association is distinct from Berkhamsted FC Limited.

The Association will have many aims with the main goals being the development and sustainability of BFC, investment in BFC’s infrastructure as well as wider community objectives being at its core. It will provide volunteers and generate funds through fundraising activities. It will be a not-for-profit organisation, one-member one-vote, owned by the Community for the Community. We are discussing with the BFC board the ownership that the Association will have in BFC and the level of Board representation. For now though we have one shareholder who will pass on his shareholding of 20% to the Association. I am liaising closely with Supporters Direct (formed under a Government initiative in 2000) and we will be working towards becoming a Community Benefit Society which is regulated by the Financial Services Authority. 

The “Comrades Supporters Association” has just been created and we have a significant number of members already lined up but we want to bring its existence to the attention of as many people as possible. We are planning a flyer distribution next week and we are talking in the region of 30,000 flyers. We have the backing of David Gauke MP, Tommy Smith, Peter Drury, Ashlyns, Thomas Coram and Bridgewater Schools, BerkoTown Council, Supporters Direct and the local MenCap society to name a few and they will become honorary members and figureheads.

Berkohorn, Dec 10, 2011

http://wfcforums.com/index.php?threads/the-comrades-supporters-association-berko-fc.35478/

Edited by Rhodes

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder whether Berkhamsted Raiders breathed a sigh of relief on Saturday when Kings Langley were unceremoniously dispatched from the FA Cup by Maidstone United, it was a disappointing draw for them and a home tie at the Orbital Fasterners Stadium would have been nice but that would have meant Berkhamsted Raiders having yet another home fixture chalked off. As it was they struggled to beat Aston Clinton in the Division Two Cup and only prevailed 4-2 on penalties after a 3-3 draw where, I gather, they led 3-1, what has gone so horribly wrong for the Club of late with three successive league defeats to Totternhoe, Old Bradwell United and MK Gallacticos after such a positive start to the campaign. 

Berkhamsted Raiders were left twiddling their thumbs yet again yesterday afternoon however they entertain Letchworth Garden City Eagles next Saturday in the Hertfordshire Senior Centenary Trophy Second Round although I'm sure their preference would be to play a league fixture. The Club then travel to Codicote a week later before finally having a run of four consecutive home games against Buckingham United, Aston Clinton, New Bradwell St Peter and Tring Corinthians AFC having completed only two league fixtures at the Orbital Fasterners Stadium thus far due to complications with their three way groundshare with Kings Langley and Watford Ladies.

17 hours ago, Rhodes said:

The Club then travel to Codicote a week later 

Kings Langley's 5-3 FA Trophy First Qualifying Round victory at Phoenix Sports on Saturday has added to Berkhamsted Raiders woes as their Southern League Premier Central Division fixture with Biggleswade Town at the Orbital Fasteners Stadium on Saturday 9 November will now have to be postponed and re-arranged. The beleaguered Club must feel their hands are tied this season and this could well have contributed to their appalling run of form of late where they have lost three league games on the spin and struggled to beat Aston Clinton in the Division 2 Cup last week, only prevailing in a penalty shoot out. Should Kings Langley be drawn away later today in the FA Trophy Second Qualifying Round I wonder whether Karen will immediately spring into action and reverse Berkhamsted Raiders visit to Codicote on 9 November to a home fixture with the Orbital Fasteners Stadium sitting idle that day.

Kings Langley draw Salisbury or Dorchester Town away in the FA Trophy Second Qualifying Round, to be played on Saturday 9 November:

http://www.thefa.com/news/2019/oct/28/fa-trophy-second-round-qualifying-draw-281019

Karen certainly doesn't let the grass grow does she and I see she has already re-arranged the Division Two fixtures for Saturday 9 November, Berkhamsted Raiders now entertain Aston Clinton at the Orbital Fasteners Stadium, for a repeat of their recent Division Two Cup First Round tie, with Codicote now travelling to the Lace Hill Sports and Community Centre to face Buckingham United.