Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Predictions Leatherhead v Hx Bostik Prem Sat 23rd Feb

urchinman1961

Be good to turn our home form into our away form always seem to get beat of late and cant score a goal for love nor money but guess what im feeling  it Urchins to snatch a 2 one win crowd 297

Well what can you say to that performance absolutely outstanding to go down to 10 men and then come back from 1-0 down to win 1-2 is outstanding the team worked so hard the midfield was brilliant spence with his goal Clark with his holding play but christou that boy never stops chasing balls and is a great asset to the team the defence were solid and Ron and Charlie were brilliant so a great performance roll on next week 

Trying not to get emotional about the game. Massive result for us especially with such a poor ref who ruined the game for both sides. How George got sent off was beyond me. Massive performance from us today - so proud of the team. Well done Hornchurch for pulling that result against the odds 

The well deserved plaudits for today's performance will surely flood in but a mention for the Urchins behind the goal who resisted the urge to taunt 'head fans with well loved classics such as "10 men, we only need 10 men" and "1-0 and you messed it up". Standing by the Home bench was also interesting as they became increasingly irate. The assistant manager putting his fist through the perspex when we equalised was unexpected and one of the other coaches complaining to the ref "He took 15 seconds from when you blew the whistle" also amused.

But beyond that, oh my goodness, talk about knuckle down and give blood, sweat and tears to get a result. When George got the red card it was "gonna be difficult to get a point out of this", then at 1-0 down it was "hope this doesn't turn into a nightmare" then back to "a long time to hold on for a point" . Reflecting at half time though I thought Hx had created more chances, including hitting the post and stayed that way for the first 20 of the second half and justly rewarded with the lead. 

As legs got tired in the final ten+five it turned into "We don't deserve to lose these three points" but again the boys dug deep and managed the game through to the final whistle.

Whisper it softly but time to stop looking over shoulders at the drop zone and time to look upwards at mid table. Next two games at the Bridge can get Hx up there. 

21 hours ago, cup of tea said:

Trying not to get emotional about the game. Massive result for us especially with such a poor ref who ruined the game for both sides. How George got sent off was beyond me. Massive performance from us today - so proud of the team. Well done Hornchurch for pulling that result against the odds 

George had a petulant kick at one of their players after the ball had gone out of play. It was never going to hurt the fella but, by the letter of the law, I'm afraid he had to go.

What a great day though. Well done to all the players and staff, and our away support was immense throughout.

Archived