Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Worthing

Jago

I’m still buzzing from that second half demolition and I don’t know his name with the flag that stood with us second half tormenting the Worthing fans you sir are a legend ??????? and I’ll buy you a beer sat. There won’t be many teams that will dismantle Worthing in that way let me tell you all the players you did your shirt proud today 

First half was tight with maybe Worthing creating the better chances but the second half was all about Hornchurch. Worthing just couldn’t live with Dickson (very good hat trick) and Uchechi and some great goals with Ronnie Winn scoring a couple of good goals as well. What on Earth was their keeper doing for the sixth goal? Suppose it was just frustration at that point as it had already stopped being a contest. 

Only thing for Worthing second half was their no 4 going off injured which may or may not be a factor for them.

Complaints - none, well done Hornchurch 

What a fantastic second half, I don't normally make comments after games, but today I witnessed a great performance by the team and our finishing was superb, what's more it was good to see Charlie get on the score sheet. 

1 hour ago, Mike christou said:

Mike he was blinding and then cheeky Worthing fans that were having a pop at his that one fan he had some balls but that Charlie was superb he can stand with me any game or I’ll go stand with him 

I totally agree. I was just repeating what Charlie was saying to the Worthing fans :)

In the Oxford English Dictionary, under "a game of two halves" it will say "Saturday 17th August 2019: Worthing 0 Hornchurch 6"

Another opponent and another line-up.
Jordan Clark, George Winn and Mitchell DIckenson as a back 3 with George Saunders on the right and Mickey Parcell on the left, ostensibly as wing-backs it seemed.
Hornchurch seemed to stand off of Worthing and invited them to bring the game, presumably to get possession and break with the pace of either Parcell or Saunders but as it turned out we were forced into more of a flat back 5. Worthing had a lot of value out of cross field diagonal balls and also little dinks into the forwards and were very quick to harass the ball and give us no time. That's not to say it was one way and it could easily have been 5-5 at the break but on the whole I thought Worthing edged it.

Second half, Hornchurch started chasing the ball themselves and ten minutes in Chris Dickson got himself one on one with the keeper and fired across into the far side. On the basis of the first half I thought it was going to be a big ask to hold on for 35 minutes but 5 minutes later and Worthing were caught in possession deep in their own half and Dickson got a near identical 2nd. Hornchurch had also subtly changed to stop the diagonal balls. Suddenly Worthing couldn't keep the ball or string two passes together and again lost the ball deep in their own half, a couple of square passes to Ronnie Winn who rounded the keeper and tapped home for 3-0. A minute later Dickson got his hat-trick with a close range shot high into the roof of the net. Another 10 minutes before Ronnie got his second. Charlie Stimson and Daniel Akindayini came on for the final 5+4 minutes and in the final minute another calamity for Worthing and with virtually his first touch Charlie Stimson neatly lobbed the keeper to open his account for the season.

Off the field highlights were:-
Chris Dickson applauding the linesman for flagging Ronnie offside to prevent him also getting a hat-trick and having to share the match ball
Charlie Sidgwick, so drunk he could barely stand but a masterclass in taking down the sour grapes Worthing fans and also calling out Mikey Christou on his lack of flag tying skills.

All in all a lovely day on the South coast although I'm not sure what was going on with the pitch, it smelt like being in a Kwik-Fit

from the highlights it looks like i missed a good game.  Well done to the players and fans for coming together to make it a good performance and no doubt one that will be in the memories for a long time.

here is the Worthing TV verson i found and all the goals are worth watching again from 5 minutes onwards

Archived