Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ampthill Town

A messege from Ampthill Town on another Forum, they are right that on-line programmes are going to have a huge knock on effect on attendance figures and groundhoppers will avoid those Club's like the plague. It is a nice gesture however by the Ampthill Park Club to offer printed programmes on request:

Ampthill Town took the decision in the summer to only produce online programmes for the 2019/20 season. Increasing costs and lack of sales made this business decision for them. Unable to quantify it accurately, it has definitely been noted that not producing paper programmes is likely to put some people off attending (the number of people that stay away because of this is unlikely to outweigh the cost savings). With this in mind, Ampthill Town are willing to produce printed matchday programmes on request, or I can send you the PDF to print at home. 

On a much more positive note Ampthill Town now stock pin badges (thanks to Terry's Badges) and these will be available in the clubhouse (£3) or can be posted (£3.50) - please message me if you want one sent to you. 

15 hours ago, Rhodes said:

A messege from Ampthill Town on another Forum, they are right that on-line programmes are going to have a huge knock on effect on attendance figures and groundhoppers will avoid those Club's like the plague. It is a nice gesture however by the Ampthill Park Club to offer printed programmes on request:

Ampthill Town took the decision in the summer to only produce online programmes for the 2019/20 season. Increasing costs and lack of sales made this business decision for them. Unable to quantify it accurately, it has definitely been noted that not producing paper programmes is likely to put some people off attending (the number of people that stay away because of this is unlikely to outweigh the cost savings). With this in mind, Ampthill Town are willing to produce printed matchday programmes on request, or I can send you the PDF to print at home. 

On a much more positive note Ampthill Town now stock pin badges (thanks to Terry's Badges) and these will be available in the clubhouse (£3) or can be posted (£3.50) - please message me if you want one sent to you. 

Yep I know some and have met some ground hoppers that wont step foot in a ground if there is not a paper programme available but clubs have to think about other things and not just keeping some ground hoppers happy by filling up there plastic bags ? 

Edited by Savagebee

Is Eric Turner still at Ampthill Park, I''m sure he wouldn't have allowed that to happen, on-line programmes are simply sacrilege, nothing more nothing less

• 1 month later...

I enjoyed this straight talking interview with Ampthill Town assistant boss Ant Christophi following yesterday's horrendous Bedfordshire FA Senior Trophy First Round defeat to lower tier Cranfield United and it's interesting that Paul Blackman cowardly sent out his trusted assistant to face the post match music. I wonder what has gone so horribly wrong at Ampthill Park of late, the Club currently lay seventh in Division 1 and already a huge fourteen points behind leaders St Panteleimon having lost 4-1 recently to the high flying Berkeley Fields Club and having led 2-0 at Rayners Lane and looking comfortable before somehow managing to hold on for a disappointing 3-3 draw (see highlights below):

http://sportsshots.org.uk/?p=47042

In Ant Christophi's post match interview he was asked whether Ampthill had underestimated Cranfield and he answered no but I suspect that they did slightly and weren't as up for the game from the word go as Cranfield were, as Winslow Boy says they are a very decent side and Crawley Road was never an easy place to go when they were plying their trade in the SSML.

An interesting interview with Ampthill Town supremo Paul Blackman who readily admits that the performance last week at Cranfield United left a lot to be desired, however he appears confident going into the game at Elmfields Gate tomorrow with a full strength squad with the exception of Danny Butler:

http://sportsshots.org.uk/?p=47379

• 1 month later...

Localwatcher - Thanks, I think that's cause for the iconic Barry Davies 1974 commentary, 'interesting, very interesting' and I think you've even beaten Karen to the punch as the news isn't on another Forum as yet. Did Paul step down before he was pushed, it hasn't been the best of campaigns so far for Ampthill Town however results haven't been that bad of late have they particularly the excellent 2-2 draw at St Panteleimon which they should have won. I guess the 1-0 home defeat to Stotfold in the Division One Cup on Tuesday had a lot to do with it, do you know whether Paul's trusted assistant Ant Christophi has left Ampthill Park too.

On 04/10/2019 at 16:05, Rhodes said:

An interesting interview with Ampthill Town supremo Paul Blackman who readily admits that the performance last week at Cranfield United left a lot to be desired

http://sportsshots.org.uk/?p=47379

A bit after the Lord Mayor's Show but YouTube highlights from the embarrassing defeat at Crawley Road earlier in the campaign, it seemed ever so windy:

22 hours ago, Localwatcher said:

Blackman steps down from his role today.

Only lost one of there last six games so that's a strange one and they are in a nice comfortable 9th position in the league. Lots of different reasons to why he might of left the club I guess.

Edited by Savagebee

Confirmation that Paul Blackman has sadly stepped down at Ampthill Park, here are statements from both Paul and Club Chairman Gary Maidment:

http://sportsshots.org.uk/?p=49148

An interesting Sports Shots interview with Ant Christophi following Tuesday evening's disappointing 3-1 defeat to Milton Keynes Robins, Ant has been handed the reins at Ampthill Park by Chairman Gary Maidment following the recent departure of Paul Blackman and will be working hand in hand with Lee Hawkes and Martin Powell:

http://sportsshots.org.uk/?p=49312

19 hours ago, Rhodes said:

An interesting Sports Shots interview with Ant Christophi following Tuesday evening's disappointing 3-1 defeat to Milton Keynes Robins, Ant has been handed the reins at Ampthill Park by Chairman Gary Maidment following the recent departure of Paul Blackman and will be working hand in hand with Lee Hawkes and Martin Powell:

http://sportsshots.org.uk/?p=49312

How sweet !!?

• 1 month later...
On 04/10/2019 at 16:05, Rhodes said:

A bit after the Lord Mayor's Show but YouTube highlights from the embarrassing defeat at Crawley Road earlier in the campaign, it seemed ever so windy:

Excellent photos from the Cranfield United v Ampthill Town Bedfordshire FA Senior Trophy First Round tie earlier in the campaign. What do we think has gone so horribly wrong at Ampthill Park this season when the Club's prospects for the campaign ahead back in August were so positive:

Cranfield United v Ampthill Town BST

• 2 months later...

The old Sports Shots links stopped working when they had problems with their website last year so here are the photos again from the Ampthill Town v Milton Keynes Robins Division One fixture at Ampthill Park on Tuesday 19 November which Milton Keynes Robins won 3-1:

Ampthill Town v MK Robins SSMFL

Edited by Rhodes

• 3 weeks later...

Obviously well after the Lord Mayors Show but photographs from Ampthill Town v Hadleigh United in an FA Vase Fifth Round tie on 9 February 2013 at Ampthill Park, Ampthill Town entered the competition at the Second Round stage and had defeated Diss Town, Hertford Town and Enfield, all at home, on their way to the Fifth Round but Hadleigh United were sadly a bridge too far and won 2-1 in a close fought, blood and thunder, affair. Hadleigh led at the break through a 14 minute goal however Ampthill Town equalised on 49 minutes through Gary Ridgeway only for Hadleigh to retake the lead on 65 minutes and their resolute defence stood firm. The attendance was a slightly disappointing 182 with roughly half travelling from Suffolk, having also taken care of Colney Heath and Oxhey Jets in earlier rounds Hadleigh were drawn at Tunbridge Wells in the Quarter Final but lost 2-0: 

Ampthill Town vs Hadleigh United

Photographs from Ampthill Town v Buckingham Athletic last term in a SSML Division One fixture at Ampthill Park on 9 February 2019 which Ampthill Town won 2-0 with goals from Jamie Cerminara and Bradley Clarke: 

Ampthill Town v Buckingham Athletic SSMFL