Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Girl power

urchinman1961

Lady ref was great today shame we didn't have her Tuesday  night as for the game thought our energy levels had dropped from the midweek game but no surprise there.Enough clear cut chances in the first half but hey ho.Second half Bognor dominated possession without creating anything,Dickson almost nicked it at the end but happily take a point after all the recent excitement. Up the Urchins 

Firstly I must say a solid performance from the Urchins every player worked hard and we didnt get any more bad injuries.  The lads just had no luck in front of goal as every shot on target got blocked by a body some how it another.

Secondly It was a pleasing sighg to see a female referee today who had an outstanding performance for most of the match and in many fans views she was the best referee we had all season and didnt get fooled by some blatant diving taking place in the penalty area as she was keeping up with the game and not letting the occasion get to her.

If says a lot for the woman's game all round let Girl power rule!!!

Most importantly the team didn't lose and took home another valuable point while remaining unbeaten and the fans gave once again bern excellent.

Was also a lovely gesture to be given a cup of tea by one of our newer fans to keep us warm as a thank you for what we do in stewarding of the team and crowd safety.  It was well received thanks Mike!

Good performance first half - could have won the game. Second half I think a combination of tiredness from the midweek excursions along with quite an energetic and skilful Bognor side meant that we were pushed back. Still had some good chances though to win it though. Hope that Marvin is ok.

as for the ref - excellent. Easily kept up with play, very good decision making and wasn’t taken in with some of the antics. If female refs are going to be like that then more of them please. 

Abi Byrne, today's FIFA qualified ref, was in charge of the women's FA cup final in front of 43,000 so today must have been a walk in the park. 

Pete/Ann. Was my pleasure, I'll make it a regular thing, you deserve it.

So many chances, doubt we'll miss that many again all season.

Was a great refereeing performance from the ref.  Best I've seen this season here.  Team ran out of steam, but to be fair to Bognor we had to chase possession most of the second half.  Deffo one of the better teams I've seen this year. Nearly nicked it at the end but their goalkeeper was very good.  We were a little restricted with attacking options once Marvin went off, but I thought Dickson did a great job on the counter attack.  Respect the point and move onto next week.

Archived