Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bedford FC

21 hours ago, RallyInRaleigh said:

Yeah definitely have been investing heavily in the youth and ladies ventures as well as the first team. I love seeing the latest financial reports. However, I do hope to hear about renewed sponsorships from the big dollar groups like Gemini. Doubtless, they've proven to build a winner for the current level and will need more moving forward. 

I know that the average playing budget in the Southern League Prem Central - 3 tiers above SSML One is £6,000 a week. That's the level RBFC aspire to be playing at, and getting promoted from, in 3 seasons time. So if last month their income without sponsorship was £7,000 in the whole month then they are going to have to increase all their non-sponsorship revenue streams in the next few years in order to compete at the higher levels.        

On 10/10/2022 at 19:17, LondonEagle said:

September's financial report now published. Seem to be burning through cash at an incredible rate although I guess there is a lot of set-up costs with so much to do since the takeover and the women's and youth teams:

https://www.realbedford.com/income-report-september-22

LondonEagle - Is £33,313.23 burning through cash at an incredible rate, £8,974.29 was recouped so outgoings for September was only £24,338.94. What Mr McCormack is achieving, or trying to achieve at McMullen Park, at Step 6 level, is unprecedented other than by resurrected/new Club's such as AFC Wimbledon, Aldershot Town, Macclesfield FC and Bury AFC.

Plus income doesn't have to be steady if you're budgeting properly. I can't say for sure he is but the fact he is sitting on hundreds of thousands in cash per those same reports and not buying BTC with it in the short term tells me he's keeping a true cash reserve for expenses. If he lands half a million in sponsorships (that's a BIG if and his to continue to solve) then the wages at this level aren't going to be a concern. It'll be fascinating to keep monitoring that. I know he reaches a few hundred per stream for each match--that's not a ton. He'll have to prove value to the big sponsors if they are going to keep cutting checks because obviously they aren't getting tremendous exposure  in the first division of the SSML. Though, being involved with a team that might be in league football in the next decade, etc. as well as general altruism towards this area and a btc related project may be enough. Clearly finances are high getting things started up. Maybe he actually needs less money, generally, next year as they won't have the upfront costs of getting the pitch up to standard and the increase in wages shouldn't be substantial (if at all).

4 hours ago, Rhodes said:

LondonEagle - Is £33,313.23 burning through cash at an incredible rate, £8,974.29 was recouped so outgoings for September was only £24,338.94. What Mr McCormack is achieving, or trying to achieve at McMullen Park, at Step 6 level, is unprecedented other than by resurrected/new Club's such as AFC Wimbledon, Aldershot Town, Macclesfield FC and Bury AFC.

It's still a £24,000 loss if you take away the sponsorship. Which obviously they have got but if at any time the sponsors did not renew then that would leave them with an operating loss of £6,000 a week. I am sure Gemini probably will renew but the examples you mentioned like AFC Wimbledon were getting much higher crowds than the 170-odd Real Bedford have got for last couple of home games. 

Yep he is achieving an awful lot at Step 6 and well done to him, but that's against some teams who have no budget at all. Just saying to go through the divisions he would either have to retain the sponsors and get them to pay a lot more each season, or get hundreds of more fans attending each week and sell lots more merchandise each year.

4 hours ago, LondonEagle said:

It's still a £24,000 loss if you take away the sponsorship. Which obviously they have got but if at any time the sponsors did not renew then that would leave them with an operating loss of £6,000 a week. I am sure Gemini probably will renew but the examples you mentioned like AFC Wimbledon were getting much higher crowds than the 170-odd Real Bedford have got for last couple of home games. 

Yep he is achieving an awful lot at Step 6 and well done to him, but that's against some teams who have no budget at all. Just saying to go through the divisions he would either have to retain the sponsors and get them to pay a lot more each season, or get hundreds of more fans attending each week and sell lots more merchandise each year.

Certainly no argument from me on the sponsorship. I can't imagine he has a lot of bargaining power for higher rates from his corporate sponsors until they reach a few divisions up that drive more interest and exposure. He's going to need to get that type of income year over year and more. 

However, I'd assume he will see increased attendance if he continues to win and rises through the ranks. Stands to reason he will see more and more fans come on board as the string wins together and start climbing the ladder. Can't expect national league crowds in the SSML's first division. They've risen substantially and, hopefully, will continue to do so. 

On 09/10/2022 at 16:52, Cruz said:

Hard match next Saturday Rugby Borough

Cruz - I expect you and RaIIyInRaIeigh are aIready Iimbering up for Saturday morning your time: 

Billede

I expect you and RaIIyInRaIeigh are aIready Iimbering up for Saturday morning your time: 

Yes, I am eagerly awaiting the Real Bedford v Rugby Borough match, for starters I will watch the Leicester v Crystal Palace match live, this match starts at 7.30am Bolivian time. I always choose to watch the Real Bedford match even though a Premier League match will be shown live at the same time.

In the past I have often wondered how football clubs in the South Midlands League and United Counties League can afford to pay the wages that some clubs pay the players. My son has played for several UCL clubs and at least one club he would earn £100 each week provided the team won, at other clubs in the same league he would not be paid, and that was ten years ago.

On 13/10/2022 at 21:09, Cruz said:

Yes, I am eagerly awaiting the Real Bedford v Rugby Borough match

Good morning in Bolivia Cruz - See the match programme:

https://issuu.com/realbedford/docs/programme_7.3

45 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Many thanks Rhodes, I really enjoy reading the match programme, that really makes me feel as though I am part of the build up to the match, I feel closer to home.

On 13/10/2022 at 21:09, Cruz said:

Yes, I am eagerly awaiting the Real Bedford v Rugby Borough match

It wasn't to be then this afternoon at McMuIIen Park, I wonder what went wrong: 

🏴‍☠️Final-score🏴‍☠️                                             Real Bedford 1 - 2 Rugby Borough

2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

It wasn't to be then this afternoon at McMuIIen Park, I wonder what went wrong: 

Disappointing result today, but I still cannot wait for the next match. Viva Real Bedford, we live to fight again in the next match.

This was Peter McCormack's comment after the game: 

The run is over, devastated but so proud of my boys. They have been amazing so far. We will regroup and go again.

4 hours ago, Cruz said:

Disappointing result today, but I still cannot wait for the next match. Viva Real Bedford, we live to fight again in the next match.

Cruz - Was it just a bIip this afternoon then and it wiII be business as usuaI on Tuesday evening at Letchworth Garden City EagIes.

HighIights from the Iive stream and a match report of the surprise and disappointing defeat to Rugby Borough at McMuIIen Park

Rugby Borough Ends Real Bedford’s Winning Start to the Season | Real Bedford FC | Running Bitcoin

Edited by Rhodes

On 15/10/2022 at 20:38, Cruz said:

Disappointing result today, but I still cannot wait for the next match

Cruz - Can Rob SincIair's men make amends this evening: 

v+Letchworth+GCE+-+Wide.png

Edited by Rhodes

I have been apprehensive about Real Bedford performances of late, I am a half empty glass person rather than half full, I fear we are missing Dan Walker, although Brown and Hitchcock are doing well I tend to think our goal tally would have increased with Walker. I appreciate we have vastly experienced players who have played at a higher level but our defence appears to be caught out so many times and allowing so much space to the attacker. I have had my little moan and  now congratulate the team on what they have achieved so far this season. I am also delighted with the home attendances for this level of football.. I await this evenings game and 100% behind the team.and hope for a Real Bedford victory.

Brown and HItchcock have carried the team in Dan's absence but no doubt they'll be needing him back to reach their full potential.

Was a tough first loss but a deserving one for the away side. 

We definitely can't afford a loss to Letchworth because the youtube channel will be unbearable!

3 hours ago, RallyInRaleigh said:

Brown and HItchcock have carried the team in Dan's absence but no doubt they'll be needing him back to reach their full potential.

Was a tough first loss but a deserving one for the away side. 
We definitely can't afford a loss to Letchworth because the youtube channel will be unbearable!

I assume 'you know who' wiII be in attendance so we wiII be treated to two versions of the action and an insight into the demeanor in the home dressing room as weII as Letchworth Garden City EagIes Management's team taIk.

Edited by Rhodes

A state of normality has returned this evening with Real Bedford winning, my nerves have calmed down, excellent match with Letchworth Eagles contributing to this great match, lovely to see the return of Dan Walker with Moulton on the horizon.

Edited by Cruz