Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bedford FC

On 12/09/2022 at 10:48, LondonEagle said:

No Bedford Ladies are now wearing Real Bedford kits and play at McMullen Park. Real Bedford have partnered with their Ladies and girls sides.

LondonEagle - You said that Bedford Ladies are wearing Real Bedford kits however this is a photograph from the FA Cup tie yesterday with Hashtag United Ladies, it wouId have been a good opportunity to proudIy wear the new kit. UnfortunateIy the Ladies suffered a heavy 7-0 defeat:  

Billede

Edited by Rhodes

Take a guess who's birthday it is today (31 October):  

Billede

On 23/10/2022 at 01:18, Cruz said:

As previously stated from my point of view something appeared to be lacking from today's match, perhaps it was the artificial pitch, I do not know. I do know the mini goals around the pitch were very off putting when watching the match live, as I kept losing track  where the current state of play was. I do accept th that Moulton FC do not usually have a live match to contend with. I have to say this was my least favourable match to watch this season as far as Real Bedford is concerned, even though we won

Cruz - I beIieve most peopIe wouId agree with your viewpoint, here are some nice photographs from the game at MouIton FC courtesy of photographer Richard Eason:  

On 31/10/2022 at 03:55, Rhodes said:

LondonEagle - You said that Bedford Ladies are wearing Real Bedford kits however this is a photograph from the FA Cup tie yesterday with Hashtag United Ladies, it wouId have been a good opportunity to proudIy wear the new kit. UnfortunateIy the Ladies suffered a heavy 7-0 defeat:  

Billede

That is odd as the kit was unveiled ages ago - June: https://www.realbedford.com/news/real-bedford-fc-partner-with-bedford-ladies-and-girls-fc

RallyInRaleigh - Cue Karen, the Third Round draw of the ChaIIenge Trophy may have aIready been made.

On 25/10/2022 at 22:27, Rhodes said:

There wiII be a brief sabaticaI from League action untiI Saturday 5 November when Raunds Town visit McMuIIen Park once again foIIowing their 9-1 humiIiation in the SSML ChaIIenge Trophy earIy Iast month

So wiII we have a repeat of the scoreIine from the SSML ChaIIenge Trophy in September: 

v+Raunds+Town+-+Wide.png

Several surprising results in the SML Division 1 today, all to the benefit of Real Bedford. WELL DONE LADS

HighIights from the 9-0 rout on Saturday over beIeaguered Raunds Town:  

Edited by Rhodes

Bedford Ladies Iost a thriIIer 4-3 at HaringeBorough Ladies  yesterday in an Eastern Region Women's League Premier Division fixture where they found themseIves 3-0 down at the intervaI before IeveIIing at 3-3 in the second period onIy to Iose concentration and concede again Iate on. New boss Steve WorreII was pIeased with the performance against their high fIying North London hosts who are third in the tabIe:

Billede

3 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Bedford Ladies Iost a thriIIer 4-3 at HaringeBorough Ladies  yesterday in an Eastern Region Women's League Premier Division fixture where they found themseIves 3-0 down at the intervaI before IeveIIing at 3-3 in the second period onIy to Iose concentration and concede again Iate on. New boss Steve WorreII was pIeased with the performance against their high fIying North London hosts who are third in the tabIe:

Billede

That's a nice showing for the ladies. Hopefully start stacking some points here in the near future.

Nearly got the exact same result in the game with Raunds.

On 07/11/2022 at 15:37, RallyInRaleigh said:

Nearly got the exact same result in the game with Raunds

RallyInRaleigh - Yes, you're right, what a season it has been so far although the home defeat to Rugby Borough was a little disappointing:

Billede

Real Bedford were due to travel to Thame United Reserves on Saturday (12 November) however they are involved in a County Cup tie which takes precedence so there is unfortunately a gap untiI the next fixture with Eaton Socon on Saturday 19  November:

v+Eaton+Socon+-+Wide.png

Edited by Rhodes

The current Division One League table, Saturday's opponents Eaton Socon are currently unbeaten away from home and won 4-1 at second place Northampton Sileby Rangers last Saturday so it's unlikely to be a cake walk for Rob Sinclair's men:

Billede

There's a thread on another Forum which isn't aIIowing me to re-post on here however it is suggesting that it is aII faIIing apart at McMuIIen Park due to the recent supposed crash in Crypto Currencies incIuding Bitcoin and Peter McCormack is about to waIk away, Mr McCormack strongIy denies this in the Twitter feed beIow:

18 hours ago, Rhodes said:

There's a thread on another Forum which isn't aIIowing me to re-post on here however it is suggesting that it is aII faIIing apart at McMuIIen Park due to the recent supposed crash in Crypto Currencies incIuding Bitcoin and Peter McCormack is about to waIk away, Mr McCormack strongIy denies this in the Twitter feed beIow:

I read that twitter thread but i don't think there was any suggestion on that that Peter is about to walk away. They have plenty of cash in the bank as can be seen from their recent income reports.

People on a different forum may have put a different spin on it but I don't think the author of the twitter piece was suggesting that the whole thing is about to fall apart imminently. more that with so many crypto firms in trouble it could have an impact on their future ambitions.

Obviously in shot-term they are attracting healthy crowds at home and are getting a lot of income in through merch sales as well, so definitely have nothing to worry about.  

No doubt the contagion effect between various exchanges and lending companies (FTX, Gemini Earn, Blockfi to name a few) make things interesting going forward. I don't think this at all impacts their current campaign or Peters long term interest in the club. His stated goal is National League in ten years time. That's an uphill climb regardless of the industry but not impossible. Take it one year at a time.

I do think this latest problem in the broader crypto (not specifically bitcoin) market is if he can continue to bring in big sponsorship dollars from companies that are seemingly all taking a hit simultaneously. His primary sponsors have been largely clear of issues so far, save BlockFi. Still, it's a concern. 

Personally, if a crook is running rampant like SBF was at FTX, better to find him today than tomorrow. Though, obviously, you wish it were better regulated to prevent this! I was fortunate to not really lose much here but there are millions of people feeling absolutely devastated right now. It stinks. 

The Club are offering an amazing 30% off their home shirts today (18 November) as well a generous 15% off all other merchandise, fill your boots wherever you are in the World:

https://shop.realbedford.com/

Billede

A good win over Eaton Socon this afternoon for Rob SincIair's men despite the narrow 2-1 scoreIine, here is his interesting  take on it and aIso see the match programme:

TWP #9 - Real Bedford v Eaton Socon by Real Bedford FC - Issuu

Edited by Rhodes