Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bedford FC

6 hours ago, RallyInRaleigh said:

Eagle, is it reasonable to at least discuss the possibility of a league clash in less than 3 seasons now?

https://twitter.com/bedfordtown/status/1597904863785996288?s=46&t=mqkmMLiMZNoQp6qBGwRCPQ

RallyInRaleigh - How about the season after next in the Southern League Division One Central unless of course the two Club's pass each other at the end of next season, Bedford Town on their way down to the SSML Premier Division and Real Bedford on their way up to the Southern League Division One Central 😉:

Statement from the board.

Bedford Town Football Club can confirm we have parted company with manager Gary Setchell. The board of the club have collectively made this very tough decision, following the disappointing run of results the Eagles have been on over the last few months.

It is with heavy heart that this decision has been made, especially following the fantastic campaign that Gary had leading the club last season. Everyone at the Eyrie will remain extremely grateful to Gary for his efforts in returning the club to step three football, having been away from it for so long. His time at the club will be remembered fondly by supporters, staff, players and officials, and he will always be welcome back at the club.

The club can also confirm that assistant manager Darren Edey will also be leaving the club. We thank Darren for his work, alongside Gary.

The club will have an interim management in place for Saturday’s fixture at Tamworth. Recruitment of a new manager will begin shortly.

6 hours ago, RallyInRaleigh said:

Eagle, is it reasonable to at least discuss the possibility of a league clash in less than 3 seasons now?

https://twitter.com/bedfordtown/status/1597904863785996288?s=46&t=mqkmMLiMZNoQp6qBGwRCPQ

Not too worried Rally. Most years teams get reprieved. Last season only 2 sides were relegated from Southern League Premier Central, although it''s officially 4. 

Most season's 1 or 2 clubs are reprieved from relegation and currently Town are not even in bottom 4, despite tough run of games and lots of injuries and suspensions.

Indeed they comfortably beat Kings Langley last week and on Saturday were 3-2 up against Bromsgrove, who are just outside the play-offs, with 5 minutes to go, only to lose 4-3.  One point or 3 from that game and it would have been hard to sack them so maybe they are paying the price for 5 minutes of football?

Seems an absolutely crazy decision from the outside as well as the human aspect of 2 decent men being fired just before Christmas.   

Real Bedford are in County Cup action on Saturday in the Bedfordshire FA Senior Trophy Second Round against nearby Flitwick Town, having received a First Round bye in the competition, kick off is at 2.00pm and a decent size crowd is expected at the hosts small Ampthill Road ground:

Billede

A very successful week for Real Bedford winning 4-0 against London Tigers last Saturday and with Rugby Borough losing 3-0 at home to Moulton midweek, both teams  play  on a regular basis on  plastic pitches. another loss today for Rugby Borough against Northampton Sileby Rangers 4-1, without   Real Bedford kicking a ball in league action, although Real Bedford won today 3-0 in the Beds Senior Trophy. The results within the last seven days, I feel have really enhanced the prospects of Real Bedford winning the league. I feel only two clubs are still on the horizon to be champions Rugby Borough and Northampton Sileby Rangers with real dark horses ON Chenecks. I am fully aware that ON Chenecks have recently been playing in the UCL Premier Division, but I question the suitability of their ground, I have visited nearly every UCL ground between 2003-2014 and found 

ON Chenecks to be one of the poorer grounds, my son playing for the opponents of ON Chenecks had to be taken to hospital  after landing on glass on the playing service, the next day I had to take him back to the hospital with an infection in his knee from the broken glass., I admit that ON Chenecks may have now improved their ground. It would be marvellous if Wootton Blue Cross started moving forward again as they have a great little ground

.Viva Real Bedford

Hi Rhodes. I appreciate Bedford United have previously been in the South Midlands Premier Division, however I am  just wondering when the football grounds are graded as to the suitability of promotion to the South Midlands Premier Division and how long the clubs have to meet the criteria for promotion? 

On 03/12/2022 at 21:39, Cruz said:

Real Bedford won today 3-0 in the Beds Senior Trophy

See a report on the tie, what a 'cuIture shock' for Rob SincIair's men who wiII now traveI to AFC Caddington in the Quarter FinaIs of the competition: 

On 03/12/2022 at 21:53, Cruz said:

Hi Rhodes. I appreciate Bedford United have previously been in the South Midlands Premier Division, however I am  just wondering when the football grounds are graded as to the suitability of promotion to the South Midlands Premier Division and how long the clubs have to meet the criteria for promotion? 

Cruz - I wouId have thought McMuIIen Park aIready has a Step 5 grading from when the CIub Iast pIayed in the SSML Premier Division in 2015/16. I guess if, for exampIe, Rugby Borough or MouIton FC win the pIay-offs at the end of the season then that might be a different story.

We seem to have forgotten that there is a League fixture tomorrow evening at Thame United Reserves which means there wiII be a Iive stream: 

https://www.realbedford.com/live-stream

v+Thame+United+Reserves+-+Wide.png

Edited by Rhodes

On 04/12/2022 at 23:19, Rhodes said:

Cruz - I wouId have thought McMuIIen Park aIready has a Step 5 grading from when the CIub Iast pIayed in the SSML Premier Division in 2015/16. I guess if, for exampIe, Rugby Borough or MouIton FC win the pIay-offs at the end of the season then that might be a different story.

This is one of the more fascinating aspects of football that I'd never considered growing up stateside when thinking about the pyramid. Obviously, people here follow the premier league or other top leagues and international competitions. But I'd never thought about the administration side, the infrastructure side, etc when considering teams working their way up. 

I can't say for sure, obviously, but Peter hasn't expressed any concern about being unprepared for the next leg up. He says his singular focus at present is preparing the team for what they'll need one season ahead. He leaves all the team stuff to Rob and his team for this year so that when they wrap and get promoted (hopefully) they can turn to Peter and he's completely ready to go. I've also heard him express he believes that he can get promoted this season and next and possibly the one after without getting stuck. That's his goal, anyway, that he believes is achievable. Note, that is not with THESE players. He thinks this team would be toward the bottom middle of the premier division if dropped in right now. However, he thinks he can get them upgraded, as needed, to compete at the top right away for next season. We will see!

On 05/12/2022 at 22:00, Rhodes said:

We seem to have forgotten that there is a League fixture tomorrow evening at Thame United Reserves which means there wiII be a Iive stream 

No probIems then this evening despite the fact that Thame United Reserves Ied 2-1 at the intervaI:

Tuesday 6 December 

Division One
Thame United Reserves 2 Real Bedford FC 6

Edited by Rhodes

12 hours ago, RallyInRaleigh said:

Note, that is not with THESE players. He thinks this team would be toward the bottom middle of the premier division if dropped in right now

RallyInRaleigh - Thanks for your interesting viewpoint 'from across the pond'😉, are you sure that Mr McCormack stated the above as it isn't very compIimentary to his Manager Rob SincIair is it, indicating that he couIdn't get promotion again next season with the current squad of pIayers. I think the present squad are more than capabIe of finishing Champions of the SSML Premier Division next term with just one, two or three additions in the summer break which is normaI for aII CIub's, they wouId have sureIy won it this season in what is a reaIIy weak Premier Division, compared to previous campaigns, with CrawIey Green currentIy Ieading it who Iost at home to IowIy Hoddesdon Town this evening.    

Edited by Rhodes

14 hours ago, Rhodes said:

RallyInRaleigh - Thanks for your interesting viewpoint 'from across the pond'😉, are you sure that Mr McCormack stated the above as it isn't very compIimentary to his Manager Rob SincIair is it, indicating that he couIdn't get promotion again next season with the current squad of pIayers. I think the present squad are more than capabIe of finishing Champions of the SSML Premier Division next term with just one, two or three additions in the summer break which is normaI for aII CIub's, they wouId have sureIy won it this season in what is a reaIIy weak Premier Division, compared to previous campaigns, with CrawIey Green currentIy Ieading it who Iost at home to IowIy Hoddesdon Town this evening.    

I'd have to go digging but he did a Dutch podcast (in English) where he very clearly states that. Not really for me to say whether that's damning of the manager or not. He's been very complimentary of Rob publicly and I believe he intends to keep him on for a long stretch. But I think the statement was, generally, we can continue to get promoted but we can't be complacent. They'll make upgrades each year to keep given themselves the best chance at promotion. He probably sees it as "if I want to keep winning at this rate and leave no doubt, I'll need to do more than just maintain the status quo. 

38 minutes ago, RallyInRaleigh said:

Here is a link to that podcast. Just about 30 seconds at the start in Dutch before Peter jumps in.

https://omny.fm/shows/cryptocast/245-b-bitcoinvoetbalclub-real-bedford-fc

So If you skip to the 28 minute mark they talk specifically about the teams chances above. I remembered it incorrectly. He says he thinks they'd certainly be in the top half and competitive for a playoff spot but not confidently win the premier division right now. Also thinks the top two or three teams in the division one could do that now. With 4 or 5 signings, he thinks they'd win it. Two divisions above, he thinks they could maybe beat the bottoms teams right now. 

Still, think this is a good listen for anyone interested in Real Bedford.

On 05/12/2022 at 22:00, Rhodes said:

We seem to have forgotten that there is a League fixture tomorrow evening at Thame United Reserves which means there wiII be a Iive stream 

HighIights from the Iive stream at Thame United Reserves and the exceIIent 6-2 win and a match report: 

Bedford Hit 51 Points after winning 6 - 2 Away against Thame United Reserves | Real Bedford FC | Running Bitcoin

Edited by Rhodes

LondonEagle - Is ReaI Bedford's James Ducket reIated to former Bedford Town Manager Mark Ducket and why did Mark's tenure at The Eyrie end in tears after onIy eight months. 

16 hours ago, LondonEagle said:

Regarding the ground grading etc. lots of rumours going round about Real Bedford leaving McMullen Park and groundsharing with Bedford Blues Rugby Club at Goldington Road soon.

Where are you seeing these rumors? Anything online? Would be interesting to learn more.