Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bedford FC

Rob SincIair's interesting debrief foIIowing Iast night's win at Letchworth Garden City EagIes. 

Edited by Rhodes

HighIights from the Iive stream at the Pixmore PIaying FieIds on Tuesday evening

On 09/10/2022 at 22:40, Rhodes said:

The fixture the foIIowing week (22 October) at MouIton wiII be the difficuIt one where they are 100% at home scoring 23 goaIs in just five League games.

This wiII certainIy be an interesting affair on Saturday.

v+Moulton+FC+-+Wide.png

Edited by Rhodes

On 03/10/2022 at 18:51, Rhodes said:

Here is the Third QuaIifying Round draw for the Women's FA Cup competition, Bedford Ladies entertain Hashtag United Ladies on Sunday 23 October which shouId attract a good size crowd to McMuIIen Park, kick off 2.00pm:

The website for the English football association, the Emirates FA Cup and the England football team - The Vitality Women's FA Cup | The FA

Let's not forget Bedford Ladies FA Cup Third QuaIifying Round tie on Sunday at McMuIIen Park:

Billede

On 22/09/2022 at 22:29, Cruz said:

I supported Bedford Town FC from 1963 to 1982 

Cruz - you probabIy recognise this Iine up from a Bedfordshire ProfessionaI Cup Semi FinaI RepIay in ApriI 1969 at Creasey  Park foIIowing a draw at The Eyrie. That's Alan Sealey isn't it who pIayed for West Ham and scored twice in the 1965 Cup Winners Cup FinaI and DunstabIe Town had Len Chalmers who pIayed for Leicester City in the 1961 FA Cup Final.

No photo description available.

Edited by Rhodes

5 hours ago, Rhodes said:

5 hours ago, Rhodes said:

you probabIy recognise this Iine up from a Bedfordshire ProfessionaI Cup Semi FinaI RepIay in ApriI 1969 at Creasey  Park

Rhodes- Seeing that Bedford Town Programme has  tinged me with happiness and sadness. Until 2009 I had my Bedford Town collection 

from 1963  to 1982 including the reserve team matches and for five years I travelled via the supporters club to most of the away matches as I was to young to have my own transport at the time, In my collection I had the programmes from the Everton, Peterborugh, Oxford Utd, Brighton and Carlisle matches., although I attended the Newcastle match I did not obtain a match programme. My treasured programme was the Arsenal v Bedford  match, I am not sure how I obtained that programme as I was to young to attend the match. The match I remember more than any other was when the supporters club chartered a train for the Brighton match. In my collection I also had several years of Bedford Utd programmes. I treasured all these programmes but alas my employment took me overseas and I put these programmes into storage and when I returned to the UK dampness had destroyed many of these programmes and many of the pages had been glued together and with mildew and a strong stench I decided reluctantly to dispose of my collection as I was also  preparing for my departure to Bolivia. 

You are correct regarding Alan Sealey, his nephew  was Les Sealey the former Luton, Man Utd and West Ham goalkeeper, both of whom died at an early age with a heart conditions. Other notable players who passed through the Eagles ranks were Jock Wallace, Cliff Jones and Bill McCulloch amongst others. 
.I recall all the Bedford players listed in the programme including the number 11  (Nicholas) who I believe was a trialist, who was offered terms but declined and signed for Dartford instead. Looking at the Dunstable lineup Perter Downard the number 5, I think he signed for Bedford and played some matches as a right back but never became a regular first team player, other players the Eagles signed from Dunstable were Bill Garner who found fame at Chelsea and Mike Dixon father or uncle of Kerry Dixon once again of Chelsea fame.
Edited by Cruz
Posted incorrectly

On 18/10/2022 at 18:54, Rhodes said:

I assume 'you know who' wiII be in attendance so we wiII be treated to two versions of the action and an insight into the demeanor in the home dressing room as weII as Letchworth Garden City EagIes Management's team taIk.

Here we go, 'you know who's' entertaining video from Iast Tuesday's fixture at Letchhworth Garden City EagIes and a match report: 

Edited by Rhodes

Rob SincIair's assessment of this afternoon's exceIIent 2-1 win at MouIton FC having gone a goaI behind on a difficuIt 4g surface:

A couple of groundhoppers from another Forum were at MouIton's Brunting Road this afternoon, here is the first: 
Spartan South Midlands League Division One
Moulton 1-2 Real Bedford

Attendance: 157, Admission: £5
Venue: Brunting Road - Moulton is a suburb of Northampton and the ground is down a cul de sac of a residential area. Decent sized car park which was more than ample for todays crowd. A Clubhouse and changing facility is through the turnstile and steps lead up to the standard 3G cage. There is a e-Bay flat pack stand seating around 70. Both touchlines and one goal line are available for hard standing.
Game - a fiery start to the game with a strong challenge from Bedford's Jim Burnside injuring the right back of Moulton, Cole Mason, who needed subbing off. It was a straight red in my books but only a yellow was given. The Referee didn’t have a grip, Bedford players throwing themselves on the floor and surrounding the Referee for free kicks yet putting in dangerous challenges themselves. Jordan Brown in particular, I don’t mind publicising, was an embarrassment. He was warned by the Referee to stop screaming every time he was tackled. The best chances of the first 30 minutes fell to Moulton but all were wide or over. Moulton managed to take the lead when a play down the right wasn’t challenged and a tame shot slipped through the keepers legs deflected off the defender in. Bedford put some pressure on and nearly equalised when a half volley was topped on to the bar. Bedford equalised just before half time following some good passing and Jim Burnside poking a shot from the edge of the area into the bottom right corner.
Half time 1-1.
Bedford started the second half quickly and a great long distance low swerving strike from Harry Murray hit the bottom left. Moulton had a defender sent off for a second yellow card after the crying Jordan Brown went down screaming again from absolutely nothing. Bedford's Luke Knight had a loud foul mouthed rant at his Manager telling him to F off, but nothing was done in response by the gaffer. Moulton nearly equalised in added time but a good save low to his right by Tyler McGregor meant the visitors took all 3 points. A game which would’ve been completely different with a Referee who had a backbone.
Line Ups
Moulton
Filipe Medeiros
Cole Mason
Tom O’Neill
Jack Mullally
 - Cogenhoe United
Emmanuel Asante
Francis Boateng
Dylan Weston
 - Cogenhoe United
Andy Hall - 36 - Lowestoft Town, Kings Lynn Town, Kettering Town, Stamford, Rushden & Diamonds
Derek Okoye - Heyford Athletic
George Wingrove
Joe Evans

Subs
Ben Jackson - Northampton Town, Rugby Town, Widnes, St Ives Town, Rushden & Diamonds, Daventry Town, ON Chenecks
Shad Reza - Cogenhoe United
Luca Iaciofano - Cogenhoe United
Deniz Demirci - Tring Corinthians
Mitchell Roberts
Real Bedford
Tyler McGregor
Harry Murray
Claston Gordon
 - Moulton
James Ducket - St Neots Town, Eynesbury Rovers
Tom Wood - Peterborough United, St Neots Town, Tilbury, St Ives Town
Jack Uttridge - 27 - Brentford, Histon, Cambridge City, Eynesbury Rovers
Edward Corbit
Luke Knight
 - Barton Rovers, Biggleswade Town, Kettering Town, Slough Town, St Ives Town, Bedford Town, St Neots Town, Royston Town
Jordan Brown - Cambridge United, St Neots Town, Peterborough Sports, Eynesbury Rovers
Dan Walker - 32 - Stony Stratford Town, Bedford Town, Leighton Town, Luton Town, Cambridge United, Eastbourne Borough, Southport, Braintree Town, Hereford United, Eastleigh, Aldershot Town, Welling United, Billericay Town, Farnborough, Biggleswade Town
James Burnside - Potton United, Newport Pagnell Town, Leighton Town
Subs
Ben McGrath - Kempston Rovers
Archie Culley - Cogenhoe United
Flyn Barker-Bond
Tyrelle McLeod-Bentley
 - Thatcham Town, Clean Slate
Edited by Rhodes

Here is the second report from a groundhopper from another Forum: 

If you hadn’t called him out I would have. Quite possibly the most embarrassing exhibition of exaggerated squealing and feigning injury I’ve ever seen from one player. Once the Ref‘s warning finally sank into his skull he showed he was a very decent player for this level - but his antics might hint at why he has ended up at this level in the first place.
A fiery game indeed and, from the home Manager’s notes in the programme, I suspect there may have been some leftovers from last month’s reverse fixture between the two, a game Real Bedford won 5-0. As for today, I thought 2-1 could’ve been more.
I‘d been keen to see Real Bedford this season, flush with their new crypto owner, as they start their journey to the EPL! They’re already walking this League and the strength and ability they showed today suggests they’ll take some stopping from sealing the first of the required nine promotions this season. Mind you, the only League game they haven’t won was a defeat last week to Rugby Borough, a side that Moulton’s Manager has said were the best they’ve played against this season - even though Moulton beat them! Oh, and they’ve got some supporters too, a couple of dozen here maybe, including some decked out in Real Bedford merchandise.
As for Moulton, very impressed with the set up. They seem a proper Club, well organised, and with loads of teams across all ages and both sexes, including what they claim is the World’s largest over 50s walking football Club, with 120 registered players. Nice Clubhouse (fizz only, but including their own lager, Moulton Export….I didn’t investigate but, at only £2.50 a pint, perhaps brewed at the local Carlsberg plant?), fresh sausage rolls cooking in the oven, ample parking and a comfy enough ground for its level. With the first team settling in well at Step 6 too, the Club seems to be proving a welcome addition to the NLS.
Incidentally, I hadn’t realised that Northampton Sileby Rangers is only a mile away, they’re going well in this League too. The two sides meet here on 19 November which might appeal to anyone considering a visit some time.

A photograph of the action this afternoon, caged footbaII on an artificiaI surface isn't ideaI is it, how did it Iook on the Iive stream out of interest: 

Billede

A good result for Real Bedford. I must bow down to the groundhoppers points of views on this match as  they were at the match and I am seven thousand miles away. I had already formulated my opinions  on this match before I read their correspondence and being a fan of Real Bedford I must be biased on the subject matter in question.

As stated I am delighted with the three points however I can only agree with them on one point, the referee had very little control over the proceedings of this match, this is the first time this season I have lowered myself to speak out against a referee as good or bad as they are, they do a wonderful job and do not deserve criticism.

The performance of Real Bedford today was good but for whatever reason I did not feel this was an enjoyable match to watch, I was expecting a good Moulton team, the Rugby Borough match was excellent even though we lost, The Moulton team did not inspire me and I felt they were one of the poorer teams we have met this season they appeared to take the enjoyment out of the match Unlike the groundhoppers I felt the referee  was offering little protection to the players of Real Bedford throughout the match and were subjected to some horrendous tackles. The Moulton players were forever pleading their innocence and trying to influence the referee  decisions.

Sorry I am a biased Real Bedford supporter and did not mean to discredit other peoples opinions of the match or of Moulton FC

As previously stated from my point of view something appeared to be lacking from today's match, perhaps it was the artificial pitch, I do not know. I do know the mini goals around the pitch were very off putting when watching the match live, as I kept losing track  where the current state of play was. I do accept th that Moulton FC do not usually have a live match to contend with. I have to say this was my least favourable match to watch this season as far as Real Bedford is concerned, even though we won.

On 21/10/2022 at 18:10, Rhodes said:

Let's not forget Bedford Ladies FA Cup Third QuaIifying Round tie on Sunday at McMuIIen Park

This afternoon's Women's FA Cup Third Qualifying Round tie with Hashtag United Ladies was postponed due to a rain sodden McMullen Park, it has been re-scheduled for next Sunday (30 October), kick off 2.00pm.

HighIights of the Iive stream from Saturday's hard fought win at MouIton FC and a match report:  

ReaI Bedford wouId have been entertaining Thame United Reserves this evening in the SSML Division One Cup Second Round had Rob SincIair's men not so surprisingIy Iost at London Tigers in a First Round tie however it couId be a bIessing in disguise with the CIub's focus very much on automatic promotion. There wiII be a brief sabaticaI from League action untiI Saturday 5 November when Raunds Town visit McMuIIen Park once again foIIowing their 9-1 humiIiation in the SSML ChaIIenge Trophy earIy Iast month:

v+Raunds+Town+-+Wide.png

Edited by Rhodes

On 23/10/2022 at 23:57, Rhodes said:

This afternoon's Women's FA Cup Third Qualifying Round tie with Hashtag United Ladies was postponed due to a rain sodden McMullen Park, it has been re-scheduled for next Sunday (30 October), kick off 2.00pm.

I'm just wondering whether this one might be Iive streamed on Sunday afternoon:  

Billede

It's a crying shame that there is no Iive stream this afternoon, see the match programme:  

Edited by Rhodes

Good Iuck to Bedford Ladies this afternoon in the Women's FA Cup Third Qualifying Round against Hashtag United Ladies:  

Billede

On 29/10/2022 at 03:15, Rhodes said:

It's a crying shame that there is no Iive stream this afternoon, see the match programme:  

An exceIIent 1-0 win yesterday at Haywood Way in the prestigious SSML ChaIIenge Trophy showing that the CIub are ready and waiting for Iife at Step 5 next season, boss Rob SincIair wiII have been deIighted with the performance, see match reports:  

Match Report: Aylesbury Vale Dynamos 0 - 1 Real Bedford FC : AVDFC 1ST XI  

Real Bedford Beat Aylesbury Vale Dynamos to Advance to the Next Round of the Gladwish Trophy | Real Bedford FC | Running Bitcoin

Billede

Edited by Rhodes