Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bedford FC

So this is what losing feels like?! Gotta admit, I don't care for it. Credit to the Tigers, they gave us all they could handle (and more than we could handle) in our matchups thus far. On to the league campaign!

18 hours ago, RallyInRaleigh said:

So this is what losing feels like?! Gotta admit, I don't care for it. Credit to the Tigers, they gave us all they could handle (and more than we could handle) in our matchups thus far. On to the league campaign!

RallyInRaleigh - I doubt very much that Rob Sinclair, Peter McCormack or any of the players will be losing any sleep about the defeat yesterday. I haven't checked the line up compared to last Saturday's win over Amersham Town, coincidentally at the same venue, however I'm sure it was mostly, if not all, fringe players who wouldn't normally get a look in. Promotion is the be all and end all this season so the very least of the Club's worries is the Division One Cup, the Challenge Trophy Second Round tie at Aylesbury Vale Dynamos on 29 October may be different if, as expected, they are already well clear at the top of the Division One table by then.

I have been delaying posting on the defeat for Real Bedford  against London Tigers, as Rhodes stated were Real Bedford using several of the fringe players in the starting eleven? I still congratulate London Tigers on winning this match, The match against Lutterworth Athletic in the league is far more important and I would be very disillusioned if we lost this match.

Definitely lots of backups in there and I get why. Americans just love a tournament and if we are in it, I want to win it haha. Definitely understand it's all about promotion and we are in fantastic position for that, currently. 

ApparentIy 1500 shirts have been soId WorIdwide, that's impressive as weII as other merchandise:  

Real Bedford – realbedford  

Billede

17 hours ago, Rhodes said:

ApparentIy 1500 shirts have been soId WorIdwide, that's impressive as weII as other merchandise:  

Real Bedford – realbedford  

Billede

Must be making some big profit as those prices. An official Barcelona scarf is 11 pounds cheaper than a Real Bedford scarf, before any postage and packing costs.

That's an impressive stat re shirt sales though, where did you get that from?

1 hour ago, LondonEagle said:

Must be making some big profit as those prices. An official Barcelona scarf is 11 pounds cheaper than a Real Bedford scarf, before any postage and packing costs. That's an impressive stat re shirt sales though, where did you get that from?

The figure of 1500 shirts sold is from Peter's Twitter page, you're right that the merchandise is a little on the pricey side however you get what you pay for and everything looks very good quality and attractive, particularly to a new or converted overseas fan from a far-flung Country.

Edited by Rhodes

52 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

The figure of 1500 shirts sold is from Peter's Twitter page, you're right that the merchandise is a little on the pricey side however you get what you pay for and everything looks very good quality and attractive, particularly to a new or converted overseas fan from a far-flung Country.

I would love to purchase a Real Bedford football shirt, unfortunately the Government in Bolivia  closed all the Post Offices down, I recently sent a legal document to the UK via courier and the cost was $60, the cost for a football shirt to be sent would be extortionate.

On 28/09/2022 at 18:27, Cruz said:

I have been delaying posting on the defeat for Real Bedford  against London Tigers, as Rhodes stated were Real Bedford using several of the fringe players in the starting eleven? I still congratulate London Tigers on winning this match, The match against Lutterworth Athletic in the league is far more important and I would be very disillusioned if we lost this match.

Cruz - I can't see there being any problems this afternoon against Lutterworth Athletic, here's the match programme for you, RallyInRaleigh and others to enjoy:

https://issuu.com/realbedford/docs/programme_5.4

Billede

Well done Real Bedford, this was a hardworked victory over a stubborn Lutterworth Athletic. Sales of Bolivian wine will increase , as I was uptight and drank a bottle of red wine during the match , please Real Bedford make the matches less stressful by scoring more goals.

Cruz - Here is Rob SincIair's assessment of the game this afternoon: 

Cruz - This is such a great graphic isn't it, I beIieve your kick off time was 10.00am today so it was a bit earIy to be on the wine:

Billede

14 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Cruz - This is such a great graphic isn't it, I beIieve your kick off time was 10.00am today so it was a bit earIy to be on the wine:

You are correct kick off time was 10am yesterday. I had an opened bottle of wine  staring at me, I decided to empty the remainder of this bottle into a glass, once I had tasted this subtance my taste buds were yearning for more. during the match, I had been up since 3.00am Bolivian time , in my mind it was 3.pm British time when the match started. Viva Real Bedford.

HighIights from the Iive stream with Lutterworth Athletic, as Cruz said the visitors were a tough nut to crack:  

On 27/09/2022 at 04:35, Rhodes said:

They certainly look the part

Bedford Ladies pIayed yesterday in the Second QuaIifying Round of the Women's FA Cup at Cheshunt and won 5-0 in impressive fashion with a cIinicaI Natasha Fensome hat trick. They Iook a miIIion, sorry, biIIion doIIars don't they in their track suits provided by ReaI Bedford FC and Chairman Peter McCormack who has been a breath of fresh air at McMuIIen Park since his arrivaI  

Billede

Edited by Rhodes

Don't get to watch the ladies matches obviously but excited to see their scores on a weekly basis. As I understand it, he's more or less sponsoring existing ladies and youth teams rather than starting his own. Do you think, long term, it will be important he starts his own?

Here is the Third QuaIifying Round draw for the Women's FA Cup competition, Bedford Ladies entertain Hashtag United Ladies on Sunday 23 October which shouId attract a good size crowd to McMuIIen Park, kick off 2.00pm:

The website for the English football association, the Emirates FA Cup and the England football team - The Vitality Women's FA Cup | The FA

Edited by Rhodes

Can this be the tenth successive League win this evening and already nine points clear at the top of the table:

image.thumb.png.ee19bf901df62a6fe22ec114f54f6598.png

19 hours ago, RallyInRaleigh said:

Don't get to watch the ladies matches obviously but excited to see their scores on a weekly basis. As I understand it, he's more or less sponsoring existing ladies and youth teams rather than starting his own. Do you think, long term, it will be important he starts his own?

Bedford is a medium-to-large town and the issue with starting your own clubs is you then also need a large number of coaches and volunteers. Who are already with other clubs. So by far easiest way is to do what he has done. Maybe the women may change their name at some point to Real Bedford Ladies.

Not so sure about Bedford Park Rangers youth as they are long-established. It doesn't matter too much what the youth team are called to be honest, it's more about progressing through to the first team.