Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bedford FC

London Eagle - The incident received NationaI press coverage didn't it, it will be interesting to see how Real Bedford Chairman Peter McCormack will handle it:

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/sikh-footballer-non-league-red-28898499

London Eagle - It's a very good statement from the Club isn't it, Premier League Club's could learn something from it.

I don't think the video is conclusive either way - from the angle it's filmed at you can't tell whether or nor Jordan Brown did or did not pull his head covering. Would need to see film from a different angle.

I think it's more than fair enough to deny it based on the evidence and wouldn't wish to see a witchhunt against Jordan Brown, although the statement does bang on a bit about fouls from the Langford player(s) when there were some really bad ones from the Real Bedford as well.  They are hardly angels as have most yellow and red cards in the league.

Also i'm not sure this statement is really the place to be saying who the ref should have sent off at which point of the game.   

How do we see this one going tomorrow evening bearing in mind Rugby Borough, who travel to Rushden & Higham United, are getting a little bit too close for comfort. Northampton ON Chenecks are not totally out of the Championship race having seven games in hand of Real Bedford:

https://www.realbedford.com/real-bedford-v-northampton-on-chenecks

Billede

Edited by Rhodes

7 hours ago, LondonEagle said:

I don't think the video is conclusive either way - from the angle it's filmed at you can't tell whether or nor Jordan Brown did or did not pull his head covering. Would need to see film from a different angle.

I think it's more than fair enough to deny it based on the evidence and wouldn't wish to see a witchhunt against Jordan Brown, although the statement does bang on a bit about fouls from the Langford player(s) when there were some really bad ones from the Real Bedford as well.  They are hardly angels as have most yellow and red cards in the league.

Also i'm not sure this statement is really the place to be saying who the ref should have sent off at which point of the game.   

Agreed about the who fouled who portion of the statement. Just state your facts, willingness to work with the FA as needed, and move on. That part seems unrelated and a little bit of sour grapes. Almost, it's ok he did yank it off because he had also been dangerously tackled twice--but he didn't do it! Regardless, go win the next one and move on from this one. 

6 hours ago, Rhodes said:

How do we see this one going tomorrow evening bearing in mind Rugby Borough, who travel to Rushden & Higham United, are getting a little bit too close for comfort. Northampton ON Chenecks are not totally out of the Championship race having seven games in hand of Real Bedford:

https://www.realbedford.com/real-bedford-v-northampton-on-chenecks

v+Chenecks+Wide.png

Why exactly HAVE they only played 14 games. Horrid home pitch conditions?

Just to confirm that this evening's Division One fixture at McMullen Park with Northampton ON Chenecks fortunately goes ahead:

Billede

Edited by Rhodes

Business as usual last night then from Scott Sinclair's men, here is his de-brief following the convincing 3-1 win over Northampton ON Chenecks at McMullen Park:

Easily the best effort I've seen live on stream in a while. While none of the goals were beauties, it was a pretty overwhelming effort for the most part against a talent team. 2 of the next 3 league ties Amersham and Eaton so hopefully they can keep that rolling. After next game they are 60% of the way through the league campaign. Definitely have put themselves in great position even with the recent loss. 

I'm also pleasantly surprised they continue to add players to the roster. Curtis Hartley played well in his debut defensively. Team should have plenty of depth to overwhelm in the dog days of the season. 

Edited by RallyInRaleigh

RallyInRaleigh - You are right about Curtis Hartley and he seems a really nice guy from his post match interview who has fitted straight in at McMullen Park:

Highlights from the live stream on Tuesday evening against 'tough nut to crack' Northampton ON Chenecks, the Club's match report and the superb match programme:

https://www.realbedford.com/news/real-bedford-bounce-back-from-langford-defeat-winning-3-1-against-northampton-on-chenecks

https://issuu.com/realbedford/docs/programme_12.1

Edited by Rhodes

In the hope that Real Bedford achieve promotion at the end of this current season, I assume that next season their is a strong possibility Real could be placed in the United Counties Premier Division and not the South Midlands Premier Division. With Eynesbury Rovers, Potton United and Biggleswade United all being placed in the UCL  Premier Division in recent seasons. I sincerely hope not..

The games are coming thick and fast aren't they:

v+Amersham+Town+Screen+-+Home.png

Edited by Rhodes

Very disappointing news, this afternoon's game with Amersham Town has been postponed 😥:

GAME POSTPONED  Unfortunately due to water on the pitch, todays home game against Amersham Town has been postponed.

Billede
Edited by Rhodes

A lengthy wait to the next League fixture although Real Bedford travel to AFC Caddington next Saturday (21 January) in a Bedfordshire FA Senior Trophy Quarter Final tie, kick off 2.00pm, unfortunately no live stream for the Club's thousands of overseas fans to enjoy:  

v+Wellingborough+Whitworth+-+Wide.png

Edited by Rhodes

On 12/01/2023 at 08:59, Cruz said:

In the hope that Real Bedford achieve promotion at the end of this current season, I assume that next season their is a strong possibility Real could be placed in the United Counties Premier Division and not the South Midlands Premier Division. With Eynesbury Rovers, Potton United and Biggleswade United all being placed in the UCL  Premier Division in recent seasons. I sincerely hope not..

I know the leagues are regionalized to the best of their ability at the lower steps. Can you tell me why this would be a net negative for RBFC? Genuinely curious? Harder league overall? Or just not as easy for locals to get to opposing teams? 

On 16/01/2023 at 04:53, Rhodes said:

A lengthy wait to the next League fixture although Real Bedford travel to AFC Caddington next Saturday (21 January) in a Bedfordshire FA Senior Trophy Quarter Final tie, kick off 2.00pm, unfortunately no live stream for the Club's thousands of overseas fans to enjoy:  

v+Wellingborough+Whitworth+-+Wide.png

This cup snuck up on me as I kind of thought the two we played earlier might be it for the season? What's the story behind this cup?

On 17/01/2023 at 15:17, RallyInRaleigh said:

I know the leagues are regionalized to the best of their ability at the lower steps. Can you tell me why this would be a net negative for RBFC? Genuinely curious? Harder league overall? Or just not as easy for locals to get to opposing teams? 

This cup snuck up on me as I kind of thought the two we played earlier might be it for the season? What's the story behind this cup?

Without being disrespectful to the South Midlands Premier Division,  I feel the UCL Premier Division League is a stronger league and if Real Bedford  are to progress up the non league ladder the SML would enhance their prospects of gaining promotion at a faster rate.. I fear the travelling costs to away matches would increase and one must consider where the  players are based. If they are based in Herts would they want the increased travelling to away matches? Last season Biggleswade Uniited were placed in the UCL, they finished second from bottomof the league.

On 17/01/2023 at 15:17, RallyInRaleigh said:

All clubs are required to enter their County Cup competitions