Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bedford FC

3 hours ago, LondonEagle said:

It's changing next season to this system yes, 2-5 in the play-offs. Currently there's a play-off in place involving playing a Step 4 team for the 2nd spot, so potentially there is now an extra promotion spot from next season: https://www.thefa.com/news/2023/mar/17/step-5-to-4-update

Love that for our prospects at another promotion next season. I'll be interested to see who stays with the club for the next season and who moves on. What other players might they add to improve the club going forward. I do hope some of my favorites stay on and are good enough for the next level. As structured, they competed with some squads from higher tiers but obviously they'll need to improve to replicate a first place finish. 

12 minutes ago, RallyInRaleigh said:

Love that for our prospects at another promotion next season. I'll be interested to see who stays with the club for the next season and who moves on. What other players might they add to improve the club going forward. I do hope some of my favorites stay on and are good enough for the next level. As structured, they competed with some squads from higher tiers but obviously they'll need to improve to replicate a first place finish. 

I don't think standard that high in division above. Long time ago but early 90s I watched Bedford Town win the 2 SSML divisions in consecutive seasons, without adding many additional players.

On 10/04/2023 at 15:29, Cruz said:

Very disappointed as I am unable to watch the stream, keep receiving the message, UNREACHABLE, on my computer. Had been looking forward to watching this match.

Cruz - Sorry to hear that you were unable to get the livestream in Bolivia of the Real Bedford v Ampthill Town game on Easter Monday, was that the first time this season you have had trouble. I hope it didn't ruin your Easter especially as Langford denied the livestream on Saturday from Forde Park, here are highlights from the livestream on Monday, a match report and the match programme:

Real Bedford Clinch the Title with 1-1 DRAW against Ampthill Town | Real Bedford FC | Running Bitcoin

TWP #19 - Real Bedford v Ampthill Town by Real Bedford FC - Issuu

What an attendance of 293 at McMullen Park on Easter Monday afternoon including fans from far flung Countries such as Belgium and USA to name just two. Home crowds could quite easily be in access of 500 next season at Step 5 level, hopefully in the SSML Premier Division. There is also of course the FA Cup to look forward to and with kind draws the Club could well reach the latter Preliminary Rounds although that would distract from another Championship and promotion to Step 4:

56 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Cruz - Sorry to hear that you were unable to get the livestream in Bolivia of the Real Bedford v Ampthill Town game on Easter Monday, was that the first time this season you have had trouble. I hope it didn't ruin your Easter especially as Langford denied the livestream on Saturday from Forde Park, here are highlights from the livestream on Monday, a match report and the match programme:

Real Bedford Clinch the Title with 1-1 DRAW against Ampthill Town | Real Bedford FC | Running Bitcoin

TWP #19 - Real Bedford v Ampthill Town by Real Bedford FC - Issuu

I have managed to watch all live matches for the last two seasons, this match was the first unavailable to me in Bolivia, I did miss one other match but this match was available as I watched the first ten minutes before I had to depart.

Rhodes. Like you stated I do hope Real Bedford are promoted to the SSML Premier Division. I am just wondering if the United Counties League have a forum, that is currently in use. If not would it be possible for Real Bedford fans to continue posting on FansFocus as Real Bedford and not as part of the SSML thread, residing 7000 miles away this forum makes me feel very much part of the Real Bedford fanbase.

Edited by Cruz

Absolutely, I don't want to lose this way to connect and discuss RBFC next season if we get shifted to another league! I've had hit or miss issues for moments during games but this was the first one where I outright could never get it to work on my computer and only on my phone. Hopefully that's rectified for the next stream. I'm excited for the cup final and then I've already got my eyes pointed to next season. Will be fun to see how the FA cup run shakes out. I know priority will be the league but with an international fanbase, it's one of those things that really gets a lot of publicity stateside as David's get to square up with the Goliath's. 

Edited by RallyInRaleigh

Well let's put the glass, bottle or can of beer down for a while and turn our attention to tomorrow's fixture with Thame United Reserves at McMullen Park, hopefully the livestream will be fine:

https://www.realbedford.com/live-stream

v+Thame+United+-+Wide.png

Edited by Rhodes

19 hours ago, RallyInRaleigh said:

Absolutely, I don't want to lose this way to connect and discuss RBFC next season if we get shifted to another league! I've had hit or miss issues for moments during games but this was the first one where I outright could never get it to work on my computer and only on my phone. Hopefully that's rectified for the next stream. I'm excited for the cup final and then I've already got my eyes pointed to next season. Will be fun to see how the FA cup run shakes out. I know priority will be the league but with an international fanbase, it's one of those things that really gets a lot of publicity stateside as David's get to square up with the Goliath's. 

Also a possibility of a Bedford derby game in either the FA Cup or the Beds Senior Cup.     

Ollie Bayliss's BBC Three Counties Radio Non League Show will be a good listen at noon today (British time on Saturday) featuring, wait for it, Real Bedford's very own Rob Sinclair, here's a link to the show for those listening overseas although permission in other Countries could be denied by the BBC, I'm not sure but hopefully not:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0fcfgl9

Well here it is in black and white folks, well blue and white, promotion has been secured to Step 5, it was a shame it couldn't have been achieved last season as the Club would now be looking forward to Step 4 football next season and two League meetings with Bedford Town: 

Just now, LondonEagle said:

Also a possibility of a Bedford derby game in either the FA Cup or the Beds Senior Cup     

London Eagle - I was forgetting about the prestigious Bedfordshire FA Senior Cup which Real Bedford are now eligible for and, as was the case with Stotfold this season, they will enter it as holders of the Bedfordshire FA Senior Trophy won't they. As for the FA Cup, Bedford Town won't enter at the Extra Preliminary Round stage will they, what about the Preliminary Round.

53 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Well here it is in black and white folks, well blue and white, promotion has been secured to Step 5, it was a shame it couldn't have been achieved last season as the Club would now be looking forward to Step 4 football next season and two League meetings with Bedford Town: 

That assumes they would have won promotion from the SSM Prem this season, Rhodes, likely admittedly but impossible to say for certain that they would have done so.

Edited by LondonEagle

Just now, LondonEagle said:

That assumes they would have won promotion from the SSM Prem this season, Rhodes, likely admittedly but impossible to say for certain that they would have done so.

You mean up against runaway leaders and Champions Leighton Town this season, it could have been a similar race to Wrexham and Notts County in the National League however I think Real Bedford would have prevailed so long as they weren't distracted too much by runs in Cup competitions.

Edited by Rhodes

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

Ollie Bayliss's BBC Three Counties Radio Non League Show will be a good listen at noon today (British time on Saturday) featuring, wait for it, Real Bedford's very own Rob Sinclair, here's a link to the show for those listening overseas although permission in other Countries could be denied by the BBC, I'm not sure but hopefully not:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0fcfgl9

Just tuned in stateside!

Just now, RallyInRaleigh said:

Just tuned in stateside!

That's great you can access it over there but you may have to wait a bit for the interview with Rob Sinclair, the show also features Kings Langley, Chesham United, Potters Bar Town, Leighton Town, Hoddesdon Town, Aylesbury United and Newport Pagnell Town as well as featuring topics on Promotions, Relegations and Fixture Congestion, it's always a really good listen.

No problems watching this match, streaming perfect this week. Enjoyable game. I intend to listen to the Non League Show on BBC Three Counties Radio on Catch Up

Edited by Cruz

Highlights from the livestream, a match report and the match programme from Saturday's 7-1 demolition of Thame United Reserves in front of a crowd of, wait for it, 327 and with clinical strikes from Claston Gordon, Captain Tom Wood, a hat trick from Tom Hitchcock and also a brace from, who else, Jordan Brown who was back in the side following a sabatical:

The Pirates Crowned Champions with 7-1 Win over Thame United Reserves | Real Bedford FC | Running Bitcoin

TWP #20 - Real Bedford v Thame United Reserves by Real Bedford FC - Issuu

LondonEagle - It will be interesting to know who that Rob Payne is, it wouldn't surprise me if you have crossed paths with him many times in the bar at The Eyrie with or without knowing his name. He obviously has a chip on his shoulder or gripe with Real Bedford as the Club have won the SSML Division One Championship fair and square and certainly without needing any 'dark arts' to win their 31 out of 37 League games so far and amassing 121 goals.