Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bedford FC

Anyway roll on Easter Monday afternoon at McMullen Park when the Division One Championship could well be secured against Ampthill Town with the celebrations being 'beamed' around the World:

https://www.realbedford.com/live-stream

v+Ampthill+Town+-+Wide.png

Edited by Rhodes

Supremo Rob Sinclair previews this afternoon's tricky fixture at Forde Park with Langford having very surprisingly won 3-1 at McMullen Park in early January:

Edited by Rhodes

On 06/04/2023 at 11:23, LondonEagle said:

I see Thu 20th April at the Eyrie is the new Cup Final date: https://www.realbedford.com/mens-fixtures

LondonEagle - Thanks for that, the Final is surprisingly not showing up on Full Time as yet, or maybe not surprisingly. 

1 more point to glory. I think it's rather fortunate that the league wasn't secured off stream given the run of games Chenecks have played. They are playing fantastic football, currently. Hopefully tomorrow is officially promotion day. 

Very disappointed as I am unable to watch the  stream, keep receiving the message, UNREACHABLE, on my computer. Had been looking forward to watching this match.

28 minutes ago, Cruz said:

Very disappointed as I am unable to watch the  stream, keep receiving the message, UNREACHABLE, on my computer. Had been looking forward to watching this match.

I've been having the same issue on my PC but the stream works on my phone. Weird as I hadn't had an issue all season. 

25 minutes ago, RallyInRaleigh said:

I've been having the same issue on my PC but the stream works on my phone. Weird as I hadn't had an issue all season. 

Same problem on my phone. 

A bit of catching up to do from the triumphant Easter weekend, supremo Rob Sinclair's assessment of the 1-0 win at Langford on Saturday and a match report:

The Pirates Move to within One Point of the League with a Hard Fought 1-0 Win at Langford | Real Bedford FC | Running Bitcoin

Edited by Rhodes

Just now, LondonEagle said:

Congrats on the promotion/title.     

LondonEagle - Is that through gritted teeth 😏, I gather the celebrations went long into the night yesterday:

3 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

LondonEagle - Is that through gritted teeth 😏, I gather the celebrations went long into the night yesterday:

No, not at all, they seem a decent bunch of players and obviously a few of them including Sinclair and Ducks the management team are also ex-Bedford Town.

Was a special season to be sure. Management put together a great staff and squad and were largely flawless on the pitch from start to promotion. Couldn't have asked for much more. I'm interested to see who emerges from the playoff and joins them in the premier league. We should know which premier league that is, exactly, in about a month, yeah?

Still a cup final to close things out for a little spice down the stretch. Looking forward to seeing what they can muster next season as well. 

Cool as a cucumber Rob Sinclair's preview ahead of the game with Ampthill Town at McMullen Park yesterday, you wouldn't think that he was ninety minutes away from lifting the Division One Championship in less then a season with the Club who are un-doubtably going places under him:

Edited by Rhodes

21 minutes ago, Cruz said:

Congratulations Real Bedford. You  have given me so much pleasure during the season. 

Cruz - So what do you think then, will it be the Premier League in nine season's time, I make that 2031/32:

Just now, Cruz said:
  • Cruz - So what do you think then, will it be the Premier League in nine season's time, I make that 2031/32:
One can always dream, perhaps 2032/33

19 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Cruz - So what do you think then, will it be the Premier League in nine season's time, I make that 2031/32:

No way! I don't think they'll ever manage that. However, I'm going to cherish this season and hope they can pull off another promotion in year two. As I understand it, going forward step 5 will have a similar promotion setup to step 6 in that the league winner is automatically through and then 2-4 have a playoff for the second spot. Is that correct?

Karen will no doubt enjoy putting a dampener on that and give some sort of technicality why the Club can't achieve their ambition that Mr McCormack set when he walked through the door at McMullen Park, she's such a kill joy. It says it all about low-key boss Rob Sinclair doesn't it that he left the celebration at McMullen Park yesterday to his players and didn't want to steal their thunder, and get in on the act, like most Managers would:

19 hours ago, RallyInRaleigh said:

No way! I don't think they'll ever manage that. However, I'm going to cherish this season and hope they can pull off another promotion in year two. As I understand it, going forward step 5 will have a similar promotion setup to step 6 in that the league winner is automatically through and then 2-4 have a playoff for the second spot. Is that correct?

It's changing next season to this system yes, 2-5 in the play-offs. Currently there's a play-off in place involving playing a Step 4 team for the 2nd spot, so potentially there is now an extra promotion spot from next season: https://www.thefa.com/news/2023/mar/17/step-5-to-4-update