Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Prediction League Furlough. You know it makes sense... sign up for the league cup NOW

Jago

On 15/09/2020 at 22:25, Jago said:

Update - we have 19 so far so I'm considering approaches to get that down to a power of 2. 

As you know from my team name I kind of spend my working day working in binary. You've got a prime number, you're screwed. Ha Ha Ha (imagine that in a Bond villain voice)

Your best bet is to use a hash table, they work well with prime numbers, definitely avoid even numbers.

I vote for a preliminary round and I'll volunteer to be in it if it makes it easier.

Good work Ms Kent and welcome to the league. Or cup anyway.

I’ve actually got a cunning plan which means we can take new joiners right up to the last minute next Saturday. All will be revealed on the morrow. So the more the merrier. 

And Mike if we did do a qualifying round it’s really not that hard. Number of Qualifying round entrants = (n-t)*2 where n is the overall number in the league and t is the next lowest integer power of 2. But I know you knew that and just like to overcomplicate things ?