Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Pred 'n Lg Cup - 1st round results. 2nd round matches. Sat 17 Oct, 12:30

Jago

This week’s leitmotif  (look it up if you hail from, say,  Thurrock or West Bromwich) is “disappointment”.   Disappointment at the Urchins’ second half capitulation at Kingstonian (and v Wingate for that matter).  Disappointment at the clearly non-Churchillian half-time team talk(s).  And heartfelt disappointment at the four predictors who went for an England defeat v Belgium.  All of whom I’m pleased to confirm have been eliminated.  Quite right too you bunch of disloyal losers.

However the gravest disappointment is reserved for the actions of one Kentish Maid.  Yes I know she’s new.  Yes I know we should be encouraging new joiners.  But you don’t join an exclusive club and then dishonour the very essence of the organisation by backing the oppo. Unless perhaps you’re from Kent?       Anyway I’m sure the combined opprobrium of our more deluded loyal predictors will be enough to nip this scurrilous behaviour in the bud right now. 

So what happened?  Well the Jago family are all safely through to the second round – largely because I do the calculations., joined by various no-hopers from across the globe.  Mick The Bat must be rubbing his eyes in disbelief. Here it all is ...

Emergency League Cup - First Round

image.png.0f5e45eea8f7758425f0f5fc09235789.png

Next week - ELC, Round 2.  By 12:30  As drawn by His Lordship, 1961 COYS.

image.png.8ad3383c83738a7ea84cb71d3f559a0f.png

Predictez-vous on this lot.  Derby-tastic.

Inter Milan v AC Milan
Everton v Liverpool (12:30)
Celtic v Rangers (12:30)
Barking v Harlow (FAT) Score before extra time
Hornchurch v Atletico Carshalton
Att : 

That's it.
Up the Urchins.

Jago

Inter Milan 1 v 1 AC Milan
Everton1 v 3 Liverpool (12:30)
Celtic 0 v 2 Rangers (12:30)
Barking 1 v 0 Harlow (FAT) Score before extra time
Hornchurch 2 v 0 Atletico Carshalton
Att : 425

2 hours ago, Kentish Maid said:

Is there some UNWRITTEN RULE I have missed?  I have enough trouble with written ones.  

Chortle!   It's more a guideline/convention/good manners.   Think Mankadding in cricket.

But you are not the first and won't be the last. And you can always ignore it and stick to the written constitution.  (And face the consequences!). MikeMike tred it once too. So it could be a Furrock fing.

There's probably some more "conventions" but I can't think of any at the mo - not until you transgress the next one ?

Actually there is one more - you shouldn't repeat more than 2 of your opponent's scores - but as nobody ever bothers to read what their opponent has predicted we tend to ignore this until the last week of a league season when match-fixing may well come into play.  (It's normally a complete coincidence so benefit of doubt is given - plus I can't be arsed to check it).  Past transgressors here have included Sir Colin and famously Paul C - and is known in the vernacular as the Paul C rule (actually I just made that last bit up but let's call it that from now on).  This is Rule 4 on the full list of rules (see below) - which I'll rename to "The Paul C" rule as opposed to the rather unsatisfactory "Nuances".  

image.png.f236f170449d05e3cd46813316a49a30.png

Jago The Lawmaker.

I'm still with Kentish Maid on this one. If you don't want to see a prediction for a Hornchurch loss then don't add the fixture. Seeemples innit.

We're not gonna win em all, although I did think we would have won more so far but with so many injuries it's hardly surprising.

Nickerless and his amazing Knockers  (shame he doesn't read the forum!)

Inter Milan 2-1 AC Milan
Everton 1-1 Liverpool (12:30)
Celtic 2-1 Rangers (12:30)
Barking 1-0 Harlow (FAT) Score before extra time
Hornchurch 1-2 Atletico Carshalton  (YE GODS MAN)
Att: 278

FC Chintastico

Inter Milan 2-1 AC Milan
Everton 1-2 Liverpool (12:30) (head ruling  heart)
Celtic 2-1 Rangers (12:30)
Barking 1-2 Harlow (FAT) Score before extra time
Hornchurch 2-1 Atletico Carshalton (heart ruling head)
Att: 433  (gosh this is hard to judge)

On 12/10/2020 at 22:59, MikeMike said:

I'm still with Kentish Maid on this one. If you don't want to see a prediction for a Hornchurch loss then don't add the fixture. Seeemples innit.  We're not gonna win em all, although I did think we would have won more so far but with so many injuries it's hardly surprising.

On 13/10/2020 at 14:24, Kentish Maid said:

It's a Thurrock thing.  We got used to losing.  And we were ALL realists.....all 30 of us.  Yes, the sum total of supporters.

Oo you mustn't look at what other people put.  Tut.  

Well let's not fall out over it. When we (the Chins not t'Fleet) were losing every week in the Conference South it was an art-form to go say Havant 4-4 Hornchurch - on the off-chance of picking up a point for Havant's 4!  The nil-nil draw was also "surprisingly" commonplace. Wivenhoe is the undisputed master here.  Yes that's him - languishing in Div 2.  Oh!

And you will see Nick has equally disgraced himself this week.  No point in making hay though as he is computer illiterate so plays by carrier pigeon.  (He's from Chelmsford you see).

Me again.  I'm trying to overtake Eastside Urchin as the all-time top (or at least most frequent) poster.

Anyway I hereby apply to change my team name to "FC Chintastico" (from FC Chintastic).  It's more European-friendly which is a good thing in these xenophobic times.  And it also scans very well with one of the Eastside's better songs. Which is an even better thing.  Any objectors have 20 minutes to complain - else consider the spreadsheet updated.

Meanwhile, if anyone else wants to change their team (or manager) name, just let me know.   I made some of them up on the hoof (Retired&Idle, Ivor Stand, etc) so don't be shy to demand a rebrand.  Nothing too rude though.  Family club and all that.

JAGO Chintastico

Just banter me old mucker.  You should know me by now!

Now, I have studied form etc for these derbies, but derbies are just that. Strange results.  The one that will knock me out is the Barking one.

And I have gone for a HORNCHURCH WIN WITH THREE GOALS,  As if....fingers crossed come on boys carry on from Tuesday. Mind you if we lose 2-0 again I'd get a point.

So my strange predictions:

Inter Milan 2-0 AC Milan
Everton 2-2 Liverpool (12:30)
Celtic 2-2 Rangers (12:30)
Barking 1-2 Harlow
Hornchurch 3-2 Carshalton

Att: 402

Archived