Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Will We be back going to watch football in December?

Will We be back going to watch football in December?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Will We be back going to watch football in December?

• Yes
    • No
    • The season is already over

The North West Counties Football League is currently planning to conclude the season on Saturday 12th June. The League aims to restart games on Saturday 5th December, subject to Government restrictions.

Potentially positive news for some non-league clubhouses: Chancellor Rishi Sunak says the Government is looking to “refine” the 10pm closing time for hospitality. It is understood rules will be relaxed to give people an extra hour to finish food & drinks.

Boris Johnson will announce plans for a new tiered system today. Outdoor team sport is likely to be allowed from Dec 3rd. The rules for travel & spectators in the higher tiers are not yet known - these will be the potential challenges for non-league & grassroots football.

7 people guessed right even though it was 6 people up to a couple of hours ago ?

Lockdown: Boris Johnson to give outdoor grassroots sport the all-clear to return from December 2

Outdoor sports to be permitted even in areas placed in high tiers under the government system; Prime Minister to announce plans to ease restrictions in the House of Commons; amateur sports have been suspended since November 5

Outdoor grassroots sport will be allowed to resume in England when the national lockdown ends.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson will make a statement to the House of Commons this afternoon, outlining plans for a relaxation of restrictions from December 2.

Outdoor sport for all ages will be permitted, even in areas most affected by the Government's Covid-19 tier system.

giphy.gif

The Daily Mail report that the Premier League outlined their Covid Code of Conduct in a letter to clubs on Saturday.

They claim the document said: "This may include banning singing, shouting and alcohol consumption."

Fans will be asked to sign up to the Code of Conduct when they buy a ticket, the report adds.

Other measures expected include filling in a health questionnaire, wearing a mask and following signs about social distancing within the stadium.

5-Laughing-Face-Gif.gif

Ha Ha not for me in a million years! #Rubbish

Edited by Savagebee

Prime Minister Boris Johnson has said a limited number of fans can return with up to 4,000 allowed into venues that are in Tier 1 locations after December 2.

Clubs situated in Tier 2 will only be able to let 2,000 in while those that are in Tier 3, likely to include Liverpool and Manchester, will be prevented from allowing supporters in.

This could push even more supporters to go and watch there local non league footy instead. Which is great news for non league clubs.

I know some non league clubs saw an increase in attendances before the 2nd lockdown.

£300 million Sport bailout

? Union: £135m

Horse racing

Horseracing: £40m

⚽

Football: £28m

Racing car

Motorsport: £6m

Tennis ball

Tennis: £5m

Goal net

Netball: £4m

Basketball

Basketball: £4m

Ice hockey stick and puck

Ice Hockey: £4m

Badminton racquet and shuttlecock

Badminton: £2m

Grassroots football £0m ?

Because the FREE volunteers will keep Grassroots football alive!

Edited by Savagebee

The South West Peninsula Football League will restart fixtures on Saturday 5th December.

Edited by Savagebee

Yes, thankfully it looks like we are back on as from Saturday 5 December:

Billede

9 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Yes, thankfully it looks like we are back on as from Saturday 5 December:

Oh yes Mr Rhodes ?

I'm already making a list of possible games and i may even try to watch two games on the 5th ?

Savagebee - This thread on another Forum may assist you with planning and the information will increase prior to Saturday 5 December, how far afield do you travel these days to games:

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/saturday-5th-december-2020.3093/page-2

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - This thread on another Forum may assist you with planning and the information will increase prior to Saturday 5 December, how far afield do you travel these days to games:

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/saturday-5th-december-2020.3093/page-2

Just mainly Surrey or Middlesex for me these days and I've travelled even less this season due to all the restrictions and mask wearing that I can't be bothered with if im honest. 

1 hour ago, tringarmy said:

Just hope we end up in tier one. Putting on matches without the bar income isn’t great for club finances not would it be fun for spectators when weather turns bad

Yep I agree with ya.

3 hours ago, tringarmy said:

Tier 2 for pretty much all of the league I think. I assume clubhouses will have to remain closed unless clubs have suddenly set up a restaurant operation! Those outside toilets will be lovely at this time of year. 

Bar wise can a takeaway service work? Maybe better that nothing.

Cold days and eves as well now to contend with. Bench jackets at the ready ?

TA/SB - You're right --- it's not great, but it's better than nothing.  Most of the SSML Clubs are in Tier 2, and so for them it may that over the next few weeks, takings are largely going to depend on the weather.

On November 4th, the last evening before lockdown, I was at Coggeshall United, of the Eastern Counties League.  Their clubhouse was closed, but they were selling drinks at the door, and round the corner they had a hatch selling tea & coffee, bovril, burgers and chips etc.  With an attendance of around 100/120, it seemed to work reasonably well, though Club officials were clearly getting a bit edgy at half-time, when a large part of the crowd were gathered around the clubhouse.

But then of course, November 4th was quite a mild evening.  When the temperature falls, it may well be that many potential customers will decide that two hours plus in the extreme cold without the half-time respite of the clubhouse no longer has the appeal that it once had.

I note that the long-range forecasters are suggesting that this is likely to be the coldest winter for some years, which is unfortunate, and definitely not what we needed to hear.  Let's hope that they're wrong.

At the moment, my plan for December 5th is to be at Hoddesdon Town.  If I should freeze to death while I'm there, I'll be sure to let you all know... 

13 minutes ago, agamemnon3 said:

TA/SB - You're right --- it's not great, but it's better than nothing.  Most of the SSML Clubs are in Tier 2, and so for them it may that over the next few weeks, takings are largely going to depend on the weather.

But then of course, November 4th was quite a mild evening.  When the temperature falls, it may well be that many potential customers will decide that two hours plus in the extreme cold without the half-time respite of the clubhouse no longer has the appeal that it once had.

Yep the weather could put a few people off going to games esp the midweek games which there will be few now because of the November Crapdown ?

Most non league supporters are so desperate for there footy fix they will just grin and bare it because as you say it's better than nothing.

Weather Warning for Fog tonite in Surrey ?

Booze wise I think most clubs will try and do a takeaway type service to make some extra dosh.

#Wrapup

I saw earlier on the league fixtures site that the Jets visit to Baldock scheduled for 5th has been mysteriously moved to 23rd, which ordinarily would have been very annoying but for the fact I would've had to miss it anyway, got a good samaritan act to do. Anyone know why it's been moved though? Neither are in the Vase, and both not now playing when everyone else will be. Jets haven't played since the mauling of Harefield, before Halloween, so will be even more rusty with this postponement.

Edit just looked again, now all league games due for 5th have been shelved with just the Vase on 5th

Edited by View from the Boundary