Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

January 14th Update?

Bottoms Up

I think the next government Tier update is on the 14/1/21. 
we may get an idea then when we may possibly restart in one shape or another.

I read a non league experts newspaper column which stated the need for promotion/relegation from steps 3/4 otherwise steps 1/2 stay as they are as well despite having a full season which makes the whole 20/21 season a waste of time

Having voided the last season, I thought the Isthmian league would have learnt - and agreed what the contingencies were for this season should the season be cut short - playing each other once, divide into 2 divisions, double headers where requred - everyone should have known the options and be aware of them ..

Tough times and tough decisions for those in authority to make. 

I think a season of some kind needs to be had to validate a promotion/relegation outcome.

wgats the point of Conference South continuing with no supporters and no relegation? Might as well play the youth or Trialists (like Brad is doing) 

A shortened season, everyone plays each other once from Mid March-June and allows clubs to get started again. 

On 04/01/2021 at 19:13, Raingod said:

It's not looking good at all ... ETFC are my only team - I'm not also a Spurs/Arsenal fan - I need to find someone else to support in the meantime! 

FFS raingod    how about support all the people who have lost there loved ones they are grieving im sure they dont give a f**k when it starts  

12 hours ago, old towner said:

FFS raingod    how about support all the people who have lost there loved ones they are grieving im sure they dont give a f**k when it starts  

This isn't a binary choice - it's entirely possible to miss non league football and watching ETFC whilst still caring about those affected by the pandemic. Taking your logic to its conclusion, we should never post on this forum, as there's always something more important happening in the world ?

11 hours ago, old towner said:

i just think that people think this is nothing  331 deaths and over 20,000 have been infected IN ENFIELD ALONE  not something we ever want to see again

Steady on Old Towner, 20,000 infected and 331 deaths are horrific figures for just one Borough. The actions of the League and ETFC to pause activities should be praised and highlighted, unlike Essex Senior League and stupid clubs in Step5 who felt appropriate to continue, it beggars belief one group had foresight the other had no sight.

Spirt and Football in particular has a big role to play in keeping people sane and mentally stimulated, it’s otherwise a potential additional Covid-19 killer , not everyone can be as resourceful as you’re suggesting.

im afraid the TV Football is a form of sport that some would deem a necessity in keeping people engaged and indoors rather than venturing out. 

On 06/01/2021 at 20:39, old towner said:

Comments like this are unnecessary, wide of the mark and one of the reasons why very few people choose to comment on our forum which is a real shame.

Archived