Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Null and Void - Again?

MoleseyMan

So it seems like the Committee's of the Step 3&4 Leagues have decided they want to null and void the season again - without so much as consulting the clubs. 

Would it not be a good idea to finish this season, however long that might take, so we don't have two 'lost' seasons?

It is still only January. If by any chance, the lockdown is over by mid February, when the current regulations expire, it is possible that playing can recommence late February or at the beginning of March then we could play throughout March, April and May to finish the season. Most clubs will have about 25 or so games to play. I believe this is do-able playing twice a week.

We are football clubs so surely our main aim is to play football if we possibly can,

Quite Stephen. What are clubs going to do if leagues are voided and then we can play again in March? A couple of months of pointless friendlies? I'd have thought players and clubs would prefer to finish this season playing Tuesday-Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday for however long it takes and then start next season a bit later if needs be, knowing that hopefully the 2021/22 season shouldn't have the issues we've had in these last two.

Maybe cup competitions can be done away with to ease the burden a little bit? 

Many clubs have managed to increase their fanbase in the last 6 months as fans who normally went to watch pro clubs have come down the pyramid to get their football fix and realised it's quite enjoyable. A damp squib voided season would probably see those fans head back to the EPL or EFL, but an end of season with plenty to play for might tempt them to stay permanently, which can only be good for everyone.

If we were able to resume playing in March I think we could complete, but things will get difficult again if a team returns a positive test. As a groundsman I would not be to upset to see another Null & Void so I could start the pitch renovations in March and continue the improvements to the grass we made last year but as a fan it would be a huge disappointment.

If it is another season cancellation is agreed, one wonders how many clubs will completely disappear !!

On 12/01/2021 at 15:29, Big J R said:

If it is another season cancellation is agreed, one wonders how many clubs will completely disappear !!

I am sure many are in jeopardy already.

Archived