Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Chelmsford

djwilf

Well at least your guys gave it a good effort yesterday losing 1-0 to a team a league higher is no shame unlike Ambers who were pitiful at Sudbury ?. See you in Janurary . 

Thanks 4WF… forgot about this forum since covid but seen every game bar one… the style won’t change under Andy we know that… we will still compete against most teams but will still make hard work against lower teams… credit for building a competitive side from scratch but seems we are wasting Mo’s ability … every time he gets it it’s a case of trying to beat three players cause of lack of support and nobody making runs to take defenders away because the midfield is 50 yards behind the strikers…

5 minutes ago, Theodopolous said:

Thanks 4WF… forgot about this forum since covid but seen every game bar one… the style won’t change under Andy we know that… we will still compete against most teams but will still make hard work against lower teams… credit for building a competitive side from scratch but seems we are wasting Mo’s ability … every time he gets it it’s a case of trying to beat three players cause of lack of support and nobody making runs to take defenders away because the midfield is 50 yards behind the strikers…

1000% correct 

Having braved yesterday's miserable weather conditions to attend this match, along with a good turnout of the Town faithful, I was interested to read what others made of this cup-tie and the result. Having chatted to some of the Chelmsford officials and supporters at half-time, and after the match, they thought we played well, gave them a very close game, and were pleased to win by the narrowest of margins, albeit with a well struck goal. It is always disappointing to lose and go out of this competition, but our players put in a good shift, and went close with a couple of good chances, in a goal-less first half. Chelmsford edged the second half, once they had gone ahead, but we went close to forcing a replay, in a goalmouth scramble, late in the game.

Take a look at the excellent, well balanced match report, written by Andrew Warshaw, on the ETFC official website, which will give everyone a good feel for this match, particularly those who were unable to attend. 

Thanks to those who posted constructive feedback from the game - as someone who can't get to many games, I rely on people's views to get a feel for how we played. Sounds like the better side won, but we gave a decent account of ourselves in tricky conditions. Tend to agree that from what I've seen, we go long too often, and it's a pity, given the quality of player we have both in the side and on the bench. As mentioned in the other thread, we have an important 3 or 4 fixtures coming up, which will give a much clearer picture of where this season is heading - I'm definitely not jumping to any "the season is over" conclusions just yet, as there's so much football to play. Fingers crossed the players step up and we pick up the points we need to keep us in the playoff hunt.

Edited by Barney

I am on the more positive side of how it went Saturday ..

- Worrying start when Mo went down injured for a long while - so pleased he was able to carry on ..

- watched the first half from the main stand - was fairly equal in my view, both sides had a few chances 

- their manager said we were the better team in the first half

- second half we started sluggishly - and I think we switched off after the non-goal incident - which led to their goal 

- playing a higher team away - I think we did ok and if we had snatched a result at the end it would have been fair - 

- we pushed a lot forward at the end

My gripes - 

- the conditions were awful - but its how you adapt - we wasted a few set pieces that went straight out - that to me is inexcusable 

- yes subs could have been a bit earlier  - but we ended the game with lots of players up front chasing it - just could have started a bit earlier - as Chelmsford were playing the game out by then ..

- bit less direct - we showed on a few occasions we can play good football

- we didnt react to their half time change of approach quickly enough  

Don't agree with the Cunnington criticism - I think he holds the ball up well for us. Yes I have seen him berrating a few team mates - but I see that as someone caring and wanting to succeed - assume he is being critical where someone is not following the game plan ..

Its how we pick up from 2 defeats now - I would like to see us being more attacking at home - 4231 type formation ..

Time to get my coat (which should just about have dried from Saturday!) to make it tonight