Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Chelmsford

djwilf

After a week's enforced rest and hopefully players chance to shake off any niggles, here's to a strong performance this afternoon and hoping we can give a great account of ourselves.

Unfortunately cannot make it but will be following it closely online.

Good luck boys!!

For anyone who's not found it, there's commentary on :

https://mixlr.com/radioclarets/

Poor timing maybe as Chelmsford have just scored but worth it for the commentators having kittens about a ball 4 foot over the line not being given. My player of the 1st half - Town supporters loud and clear.

Hard luck, Town. Not our day today. Sounded like pretty poor conditions and a 1-0 defeat away to a higher league team is no shame. Just a disappointment. Pick ourselves up for Tuesday. Looking forward to going along despite today. Floodlights but no smell of wintergreen. Does it not exist anymore? Be interesting to see the attendance today - only heard Towners.

First half there wasn't an awful lot in it. Overall, Chelmsford were better, but not massively so. They hit the bar, but Mo had a decent one-on-one chance as well. Second half was a different story. Really difficult to understand the timing of the subs. And I really can't understand why a certain striker seems untouchable despite the fact that he's neither scored nor assisted so far this season. Even link-up play doesn't appear to be his strong point. 

Do you mean the big guy up front? I do hope you aren't casting doubt on our leader, BTH.

You see, the reason he is untouchable is because he is the main cog in AL's sole plan. But AL can't see, what most can see, that the big fellow hasn't the skill to make it work. So many others who are capable of scoring goals have to remain on the bench which also part of AL's cunning plan. 

The thinking behind it is, that when the opposition see so many scorers waiting on the side to come on, they start to worry. The longer the scorers remain seated the more the opposition become anxious and start to worry even more. Devilish isn't it!!!!!

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

Town weren't completely outclassed today, but Chelmsford certainly were the better side. If we want to gain promotion then Chelmsford typify the quality of player and level we need to reach in order to achieve that. When they looked to pass the ball to feet at the beginning of the second half Chelmsford demonstrated the gulf between the sides. Now, thats not to say that Town don't have some decent footballers within their ranks, its just that our standard formula under AL is a little one-dimensional. Adam Cunnington is a nuisance for opposing defenders, but at the moment there is no end product. His flick-ons usually gift the ball to the opposition and he looks anything but a prolific goal-scorer or creator. Today we were able to compare him with Charlie Sheringham playing up front for Chelmsford. Both have, I believe, played professionally, but Sheringham's flicks found team-mates and his hold-up play was on a different level to Cunnington at times. Perhaps its the way in which Town are being told to play? Perhaps its the way in which his team-mates are playing - the runs they are making? Either way, I would prefer Town to play Mo and Billy up front which would require more balls to feet, inter-play and intelligent running.

There's no shame in reaching the 3rd Qualifying Round and losing to a side higher up the pyramid, but with the death of the FA Cup dream for another year I have concerns as to whether we're destined for another season of long-ball, mid-table mediocrity.

53 minutes ago, The Crowing Cockerel said:

Town weren't completely outclassed today, but Chelmsford certainly were the better side. If we want to gain promotion then Chelmsford typify the quality of player and level we need to reach in order to achieve that. When they looked to pass the ball to feet at the beginning of the second half Chelmsford demonstrated the gulf between the sides. Now, thats not to say that Town don't have some decent footballers within their ranks, its just that our standard formula under AL is a little one-dimensional. Adam Cunnington is a nuisance for opposing defenders, but at the moment there is no end product. His flick-ons usually gift the ball to the opposition and he looks anything but a prolific goal-scorer or creator. Today we were able to compare him with Charlie Sheringham playing up front for Chelmsford. Both have, I believe, played professionally, but Sheringham's flicks found team-mates and his hold-up play was on a different level to Cunnington at times. Perhaps its the way in which Town are being told to play? Perhaps its the way in which his team-mates are playing - the runs they are making? Either way, I would prefer Town to play Mo and Billy up front which would require more balls to feet, inter-play and intelligent running.

There's no shame in reaching the 3rd Qualifying Round and losing to a side higher up the pyramid, but with the death of the FA Cup dream for another year I have concerns as to whether we're destined for another season of long-ball, mid-table mediocrity.

Sorry cc but AL only knows one thing. Long ball , we may as well have 8 in defence and 2 up front  forget the midfield !!

Can’t fault the effort and I thought PK was the best player on the pitch first half…. Cunnington as nuisance value didn’t work again … for a tall striker he don’t win that many headers anyway and all it does is encourage long straight balls that come to nothing and his non stop berating of team mates must cause friction… would liked to have seen della-verdi but Leeses substitutions as stated were a complete joke… our results this season have surpassed our performances… outplayed by Hadley for long periods is one example… Chelmsford were not much better in the conditions to be honest with their keeper kicking umpteen kicks to McDonald’…. In leese’s defence he has secured the services of some decent players but unfortunately the tactics won’t get the best out of them….

I agree Chelmsford had one or two better individuals and put together 2-3 team moves. Their set piece takers also delivered more consistently unlike ours which saw corners, throw ins and free kicks just sail out of play albeit in difficult conditions.

one ingredient which we missed was a little bit of luck, however as we all know you make your own luck and other than Cokers late effort we didn’t have a clear strike from any of our players, not even from distance.

I too would’ve brought on Coker, Youngs and Bricknell a little sooner, Delle Verde is still unfit in my opinion.

we move on. A massive game v’s Kingstonian on Tuesday, we’re 8th in the league with games in hand and need to win to keep us in early contention of being in the Play Off places. I’m hoping for a positive reaction from 2 defeats on the spin