Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bognor Royally Beaten

The Pars

Despite the severe wind chill a very warming performance and for want of more clinical finishing we should have won by more.

I was fortunate to be right in line with Lewiss when he took the shot for goal and what made it even more special was immediately after the game a Bognor fan was complaining that they only lost because of a fluke goal who then told me to f off when I said it was deliberate ?

With the run of fixtures we have ahead hopefully this is the start of a winning run to get us a in a position to be challenging for the playoffs.

COYU

9 hours ago, The Pars said:

Despite the severe wind chill a very warming performance and for want of more clinical finishing we should have won by more.

I was fortunate to be right in line with Lewiss when he took the shot for goal and what made it even more special was immediately after the game a Bognor fan was complaining that they only lost because of a fluke goal who then told me to f off when I said it was deliberate ?

With the run of fixtures we have ahead hopefully this is the start of a winning run to get us a in a position to be challenging for the playoffs.

COYU

They lost because we scored two goals and they only scored one. Doesn't matter how they go in.

Wind assist had nothing to do with Lewwis's goal. I've been watching him since he joined Thurrock in 2013(?) and I reckon he scores goals like this at least once per season.
I wish I could remember the opposition but my favourite halfway goal came when Lewwis was also on the touchline. 

'I read some suggestions that it was a freak (or lucky) goal.
But there can be no doubt it was an intentional effort. If the chance wasn't on then Lew would have kept the ball or played a short pass.
I agree that twice in a month is just showing off but with the previous two seasons curtailed by Covid he needs to step up to keep the numbers going.

Not sure why their keeper was given Man of Match by the matchday sponsor. Yeah, he made a good double save but I thought their 7 and 3 were much more dangerous.
Maybe it was a subtle diss?

Another two players subbed with injuries but hopefully not too serious.

Great result, and definitely would have snatched your hand off for a 2-1 win before the game.

Twos great goals from Ruff & Spence as we dominated the first half. It was always going to be a tough second half, very nervously watching from behind the goal as we squandered a few chances that I though might come back to bite us.

The team held  strong though and you could see the huge effort put in by the players to get us over the line, Wright making some great saves as always.

If we can turn more of these chances into goals, then hopefully we should be in for a great December.

Well done lads and keep working hard!

What a fantastic result.  I thought all the players put in a fantastic amount of work to get the result that we deserved.  They took full advantage of the conditions in the first half to push Bognor back and make several opportunities to score and to be only 1-0 up after 30 minutes of play was a bit unlucky.  Then we got a better version of Lewwis Spence half way line goal from a few weeks ago to go 2-0 up.

Second half was very much on the back foot and the players worked hard to manage the game and keep the score line at 2-1 although we missed a couple of chances to put the match to bed you could see by the final whistle how much effort they put in.

I really hope that the whole squad takes a huge boost from this result for all of the effort they put in.

Up the URCHINS!