Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Pred'n Lg - Final week results and positions. Playoff matches by 14:30, Sat 11 Dec

Jago

Firstly – many thanks to everyone as we are all* paid up after a couple of you popped into the Club Shop a few weeks back (* with one distance-related exception – fair enough – plus Baby Jago who presumably expects me to cough up... again).

Secondly – we have a winner, so congratulations to first-time champ Cool Hand Luke who just about hung onto the top spot ahead of a fast-advancing Baby Jago.  It all came down on the final weekend to a closer attendance prediction than COYS, so suspicions will be raised that money may have changed hands with the gatepeople (not by me, obvs).

Lady Jago and UrchinYid managed to snaffle the final two relegation spots, which means Sir Colin stays up by the skin of his teeth, and presumably my banning order is suspended for another season.

MikeMike wrapped up the Div 2 title (it’s been de facto his for a few weeks, but always nice to see the confirmation flash up on Sky Sports), and also grabbed the Golden Boot in an orgy of trophy gathering.  Paul C did his damndest to throw away an auto promotion spot but just about hung on, where he is joined by Cup of Tea who won 5 of the last 6.  A couple more traditional heavyweights in Div 1 next season then!.

Dinamo Urchin won the playoff-qualification showdown with Clive, which means we have Nick v Fat Tom and The Lord v Dinamo fighting it out for fame, glamour, and ultimately, utter futility.

Fat Tom, naturally enough, picked up the Fat Tom Alarm Clock Award. Again. No particularly Lucky B@st@rds this week, though guess it would have to be Luke if anyone.

Well done to all – a very good rate of predictions across the season, even if we still aren’t very good at it.

The Spring season will start in early January after our well-earned Winter Break  Anyone wanna buy the DUMMY TEAM before we start again? – Bargain fiver.  Just let me know (or one of the guys in the Club Shop).

In full gory detail ...

FA TROPHY DIVISION

image.png.197abc5415e6935fe11d13051706420b.png

image.png.e99494d5bb324496fe586c27119cc94d.png

FA VASE DIVISION

image.png.47e711956075a84f7d7d5845f1616830.png

image.png.2f090ad476e69184d1232e34da8a36b4.png

Next Week ; Sat 11 Dec by 14:30

Play offs - Normal scoring rules.  One leg.  If it's a draw, then closest on Attendance.  If still a tie, highest league position goes through.

image.png.d60653e57c9da3fa842cd5fa2a989c79.png

Right load of old pony this week but the prem is all shoe-ins and pretty dull everywhere else.  Here's what I've come up with

SC Freiburg v 1899 Hoffenheim  (14:30)
St Mirren v Hibs
Huddersfield v Coventry
Aveley v Sudbury
Wingate & F v Hornchurch
Attendance:

Contingency...
Bognor v Enfield

That's it.
JAGO

Ah, nice to finish with a high score, but across the season I prefer to absolutely bathe in the glory of whatever the opposite is for defensive capabilities. zinc ar*e perhaps.

Most wins - Tick
Fewest away goals - Tick
Fewest Losses - Tick
Joint fewest draws - Tick (serious straw clutching)
(is it fewest or least)

Even more surprising as having had a hissy fit and thrown my toys out the pram and not even bothered looking at the fixtures for 6 weeks (maybe a tactic to follow next season).
I feel I also have to copy Luke's humble acceptance speech except I originate from Lewisham although properly moulded in Corringham.

Totally expecting an 'R' in May

19 hours ago, MikeMike said:

Ah, nice to finish with a high score, but across the season I prefer to absolutely bathe in the glory of whatever the opposite is for defensive capabilities. zinc ar*e perhaps.

Most wins - Tick
Fewest away goals - Tick
Fewest Losses - Tick
Joint fewest draws - Tick (serious straw clutching)
(is it fewest or least)

Even more surprising as having had a hissy fit and thrown my toys out the pram and not even bothered looking at the fixtures for 6 weeks (maybe a tactic to follow next season).
I feel I also have to copy Luke's humble acceptance speech except I originate from Lewisham although properly moulded in Corringham.

Totally expecting an 'R' in May

One more week and I would have caught you MM - roll on next season !

MysteriouS NicK

SC Freiburg  2-1 1899 Hoffenheim  (14:30)
St Mirren 1-2 Hibs
Huddersfield 1-1 Coventry
Aveley 1-2 Sudbury
Wingate & F 1-2 Hornchurch
Attendance: 165

Contingency...
Bognor 1-0 Enfield

Good luck to you all.  The Big Time awaits.