Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Squad for season 2023/4

I thought I'd start this thread in anticipation of today's news and going forward to the start of the new season.

Due to popular demand 😅 I'll update this list as and when required.

Goalkeeper

Defenders

Josh Jackman

Gabe George

Midfield

Scott Davies

Johnny Goddard

Matt Lench

Forwards

Edited by Reading Rebel

51 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

Not sure we’ll hear today as Scott did say he hoped to announce mid week but as that’s passed there may be some negotiating still on going. Be interesting if any retained players sign contracts?

I see no reason why not unless currently we haven't signed any players from last season.

1 hour ago, SloughFlyer said:

First name on the list - Scott Davies - Midfielder (although sometimes defender as well)

Not going on the list until officially announced 😅

4 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

I thought I'd start this thread in anticipation of today's news and going forward to the start of the new season.

Due to popular demand 😅 I'll update this list as and when required.

Goalkeeper

Defenders

Josh Jackman

Midfield

Scott Davies

Forwards

I’ve got a bad feeling about next season looking at this squad…

11 hours ago, GlenSTFC said:

I’m a little confused why only 2 players have been announced unless negotiations are still ongoing with the others? Otherwise I don’t get this slow drip feed? I could understand this method for new signings.

Slow drip feed? More like snail pace.

Least we have Josh Jackman and Johnny Goddard nailed down to stay [if they are men of their word,as we know from past seasons, players can renege because they get a better offer from another club] unless of course, these two are contracted.

I'm pleased both want to stay, as they have a lot to offer our team.Neither of them would be short of being tapped up by other clubs imo. Josh has been a favourite of mine since he first arrived at our club and he is my first name on the teamsheet. To my mind we are lucky to have him, as I think he could easily play in the league above.

Now we just need Matt Lench........Ogo Obi.........Joe Dandy ........Shane Bush.......Gabe George.......whoever?   

Edited by 3spirit

4 hours ago, Rebellier said:

Some are away on holidays I expect. 

In early May? I could understand if it was June or July. Can’t see many if any going away before sorting out if they’re staying or not as this was probably all arranged for that first week after the season finished.