Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Squad for season 2023/4

Haha! Glen, I can assure you there is NO pressure to play A23 players. They’re two good, young players who if good enough will be involved, if not they’ll develop in their careers by going on loan. It’s just really useful to bolster the squad with extra numbers as I believe last season we really missed having a youth set up to turn to.

Had some really good news this weekend so hopefully 3-4 more new signings next week. Just need to tie a few things up here and there.

I’ve been relatively quiet on here we it’s been crazily busy, but I’m sure the new signings once done/announced, people will be happy with.

33 minutes ago, Scott Davies said:

Haha! Glen, I can assure you there is NO pressure to play A23 players. They’re two good, young players who if good enough will be involved, if not they’ll develop in their careers by going on loan. It’s just really useful to bolster the squad with extra numbers as I believe last season we really missed having a youth set up to turn to.

Had some really good news this weekend so hopefully 3-4 more new signings next week. Just need to tie a few things up here and there.

I’ve been relatively quiet on here we it’s been crazily busy, but I’m sure the new signings once done/announced, people will be happy with.

That’s good to hear and I’m happy to see the best of the A23 lads be given a chance to shine, can only be a good thing. Looking forward to hearing about the new signings, hopefully of those 3-4 is at least a goalkeeper and striker. Going to be very hard to bring in a keeper as good as Will, hopefully Scott has found another diamond. Are we still awaiting to tie up any retaining players as I thought that would have been done and dusted by now?

Some are on holiday, some are delaying because of agents trying to get better deals etc elsewhere.

The fun and joys of the summer time in football! 😅

Two strikers, one wide man, one central midfielder and a centre half. If all goes to plan! 

Rhys is the only player we haven’t spoke to yet as he has the FA Vase final this weekend so I think it’s only right he concentrates on that first.

Edited by Scott Davies

8 minutes ago, Scott Davies said:

Some are on holiday, some are delaying because of agents trying to get better deals etc elsewhere.

The fun and joys of the summer time in football! 😅

Two strikers, one wide man, one central midfielder and a centre half. If all goes to plan! 

Rhys is the only player we haven’t spoke to yet as he has the FA Vase final this weekend so I think it’s only right he concentrates on that first.

Agents at this level is a little mad but even crazier when they’re used 2 or 3 levels below us! Can imagine a right headache and annoyance… so if we manage to get these 5 signed would there be many more coming or would be looking at 1 or 2 season long loans in addition?

Oscar Lucey & Kai Allsopp two teenage midfielders to add to our squad list.

And five TBA’s, a centre half, two midfielders & two strikers.

That makes 13…. hopefully the new owners will fund a few quality loans to try to make some money & generate excitement with a good start to the season & decent runs in the FA Cup & Trophy.

8 minutes ago, Curtis said:

That makes 13…. hopefully the new owners will fund a few quality loans to try to make some money & generate excitement with a good start to the season & decent runs in the FA Cup & Trophy.

13 IF any of those 5 targets sign. Plus I make it 8 players yet to confirm if they’ve been retained/released. I would think maybe 4 of those 8 will stay so potentially upto 17 players and I’m sure if that’s the case we can expect another couple of signings whether that’s permanent or loan(s).

42 minutes ago, Curtis said:

One was a wide player.

7 hours ago, GlenSTFC said:

1st friendly announced away to Beaconsfield (surprise, surprise!) on 8th July 1pm KO.

For pre season I would like to see us arrange games mainly against local clubs like Bracknell, Ascot, Hayes, Chesham etc along with games against local league clubs like Wycombe, Oxford and Reading.  

Edited by Reading Rebel

32 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

For pre season I would like to see us arrange games mainly against local clubs like Bracknell, Ascot, Hayes, Chesham etc along with games against local league clubs like Wycombe, Oxford and Reading.  

Weren't we promised a game against Brentford U21s for payment for Pruti?

13 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

The club captain of a local club spoke to me yesterday and mentioned they were playing us and that it had been confirmed, he thought it would be announced soon so that's another local one.

54 minutes ago, DonnyNo6 said:

The club captain of a local club spoke to me yesterday and mentioned they were playing us and that it had been confirmed, he thought it would be announced soon so that's another local one.

Can’t imagine it’ll be Windsor or Burnham as they wouldn’t be enough of a test, Marlow are dirty nuggets so not sure that’ll be very friendly! Would be great to play Maidenhead, maybe Bracknell or H&Y? Possibly Egham as Manny has just become joint manager?

7 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

Can’t imagine it’ll be Windsor or Burnham as they wouldn’t be enough of a test, Marlow are dirty nuggets so not sure that’ll be very friendly! Would be great to play Maidenhead, maybe Bracknell or H&Y? Possibly Egham as Manny has just become joint manager?

What about Flackwell Heath with the Mark Nisbet connection.

Finished 5th in their league and won the combined counties cup.