Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Squad for season 2023/4

22 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

Was that besides Beaconsfield?

Yes another local one, possibly the week before but I'll guess we'll have it confirmed in due course.

6 hours ago, Ian g f said:

It's on the Beaconsfield website

Ours have just been released, Burnham away on the 1st.

7 hours ago, DonnyNo6 said:

Yes another local one, possibly the week before but I'll guess we'll have it confirmed in due course.

Confirmed as Burnham away on the 1st.

It might be best if I swerve Risborough away, I genuinely don't like the club and haven't done for twenty odd years since a massive punch up whilst playing for the Alpha in the B&B Cup that spilled over into the changing rooms, bar and car park.

Had several since including an awful match against them at the end of last season when Jamie who was 17 at the time played for his old side against their U18s, absolute carnage of a match both on and off the pitch yet again.

2 hours ago, Irishadrian said:

I notice that the two home pre season fixtures so far announced by Beaconsfield both KO at 1300 hrs This seems to be a developing thing I prefer the traditional 1500 hrs KO  How about you?

Sorry IA but I like the 1 o'clock kick offs. Feels like you have more of the day left to do something else.

3 hours ago, Irishadrian said:

I notice that the two home pre season fixtures so far announced by Beaconsfield both KO at 1300 hrs This seems to be a developing thing I prefer the traditional 1500 hrs KO  How about you?

I think it crept in when Bakes and Unders were here.

They liked to start and finish early and as 3spirit says it gives you more of the day left to do something.

The only problem is some supporters have to work and can't get to games that early. 

Edited by Reading Rebel

28 minutes ago, Nathan said:

Far be it for me to moan, but I'm staggered that we don't/can't get Reading, Wycombe or Maidenhead down for pre-season, particularly after moving into Arbour Park and promotion to NLS.

Agree with Reading, Wycombe and of course there's Oxford and poss Bournemouth with the Will Dennis connection.

Maidenhead is the obvious one missing and has been missing for a number of seasons.

I think I remember the old grouse Devonshire saying he doesn't like 3G which of course they'll have when they move into their new community stadium.

Edited by Reading Rebel

We did play Wycombe a couple of years ago pre season if I recall?

16 minutes ago, Rebellier said:

We did play Wycombe a couple of years ago pre season if I recall?

We did at the start of season 2017/18 in ended 0-0.

Some names to conjure with in our squad for that game:

Jack Turner, Nathan Smart, George Wells, Alan Inns (c) (Nathan Webb), Mark Nisbet, Lee Togwell (Warren Harris), James Dobson (Pete Skapetis), Simon Dunn, Matt Lench (Paul Hodges), Chris Flood (Gavin James), Sean Fraser. Subs not used: Guy Hollis, Brad Wadkins.

Begs the question who the hell was Pete Skapetis?

Edited by Reading Rebel

Got very good contacts at all of those clubs, with them being my old clubs, but none will send a first team down to play on the 3G pitch.

It’s always, ‘we can send the 18’s’. So to have Brentford B and Charlton 23’s were better than Reading U18’s for example. Frustrating but it is what it is!  

39 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

We did at the start of season 2017/18 in ended 0-0.

Some names to conjure with in our squad for that game:

Jack Turner, Nathan Smart, George Wells, Alan Inns (c) (Nathan Webb), Mark Nisbet, Lee Togwell (Warren Harris), James Dobson (Pete Skapetis), Simon Dunn, Matt Lench (Paul Hodges), Chris Flood (Gavin James), Sean Fraser. Subs not used: Guy Hollis, Brad Wadkins.

Begs the question who the hell was Pete Skapetis?

Pete Skapetis joined Dover 2017/18 from Stoke City Aussie journeyman