Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Squad for season 2023/4

1 hour ago, codpiece said:

It might also create extra income in Sue’s club shop. I’m sure kids would like a shirt of their favourite Slough player parading around the ground & as said before, shows a more professional outlook for the club.It may only be the printing costs that prevent it from happening.

Agree with you.

3 hours ago, codpiece said:

It might also create extra income in Sue’s club shop. I’m sure kids would like a shirt of their favourite Slough player parading around the ground & as said before, shows a more professional outlook for the club.It may only be the printing costs that prevent it from happening.

Sue could arrange to have named shirt printed against specific orders with deposits ??

On 27/07/2023 at 21:12, Richierebel1 said:

I heard that we are having players names on the shirts this year. 

I asked about this at the match yesterday and was told players names won’t be on the back of the shirts this season and we will be continuing with a sponsors name on that part of the shirts.

1 hour ago, Reading Rebel said:

Forward Tom McElroy now officially signed to add to our attacking options.

I’m very pleased with this signing from what I’ve seen of Tom McElroy in the two friendlies he’s played and as Scott has mentioned I think it adds to the number of goals we are now likely to score this season.

I would say it is now likely we will score in the region of 65 league goals. Defenders 10 (likely to be Bayliss, Jackman & Davies), Midfielders 20 (Lench, Goddard, Ogbonno, Harry & hopefully Abisogun) & Forwards 35 (Minhas, Platt, McElroy & Benyon).

That would probably about a top half position, closer to 75 would likely be needed to challenge for a play-off place.

I just remembered that Tenconi returned & played a couple of times  & scored two for us during the Christmas period. Are the club still in contact with him? Because his university semester doesn’t start until late September & there is a three week break from mid December to early January.

1 hour ago, Curtis said:

I’m very pleased with this signing from what I’ve seen of Tom McElroy in the two friendlies he’s played and as Scott has mentioned I think it adds to the number of goals we are now likely to score this season.

I would say it is now likely we will score in the region of 65 league goals. Defenders 10 (likely to be Bayliss, Jackman & Davies), Midfielders 20 (Lench, Goddard, Ogbonno, Harry & hopefully Abisogun) & Forwards 35 (Minhas, Platt, McElroy & Benyon).

That would probably about a top half position, closer to 75 would likely be needed to challenge for a play-off place.

I just remembered that Tenconi returned & played a couple of times  & scored two for us during the Christmas period. Are the club still in contact with him? Because his university semester doesn’t start until late September & there is a three week break from mid December to early January.

I'm sure Jonny Giles will weigh in with a few goals and possibly Chambers-Perillon.

With the forwards we've now got hopefully we won't need Tenconi to come to our rescue. 

Bringing someone in just for a few weeks doesn't speak volumes for the players already signed and playing.  

7 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

Bringing someone in just for a few weeks doesn't speak volumes for the players already signed and playing.  

With Platt & Abisogun possibly injured & some on holidays in August, personally I think Tenconi would be a fantastic short term addition if available. And it would be great pre-Uni preparation for him.

34 minutes ago, Curtis said:

With Platt & Abisogun possibly injured & some on holidays in August, personally I think Tenconi would be a fantastic short term addition if available. And it would be great pre-Uni preparation for him.

No problem with it if we're short of strikers or lacking goals.

So with pre-season now in the rear view mirror, what are everyone's thoughts on the squad as a whole as we are getting ready for the big kick off?

With various things, only made the Uxbridge friendly(not a fan of friendlies anyway) but from interviews, highlights and reports from you lovely people, things seem pretty positive so far.

Couple of injuries that I'm sure will hurt, BUT, could be like new signings when they return.

I'd say looking at the squad, we are probably 1 centreback short. With Baylis and Dandy the only recognised CB's in the squad and others that can "do a job" that's the only area of "weakness" for me on paper.

The only other thing is whether those stepping up to this level will prove good enough in what I'm sure will be a tougher league this year than ever before. Having seen many of those looking to make the step up for a few years at the lower level (been banging the Minhas drum for 3 years) I think Scott's recruitment has been excellent and for a lower (I'm sure) budget side, we have a good squad of players, really looking to prove themselves at this level and kick on.

Already looking forward to the season starting, sunning myself in Cyprus currently so will miss Maidstone (no disrespect to any of the lads but I know where I'd rather be😂), but will be back for the first home game and hopefully a good season ahead. For me, a good season this year is a mid table finish with a decent little cup run and the majority of the squad under Scott and the management showing they are more than capable of competing at this level.

55 minutes ago, SloughFlyer said:

So with pre-season now in the rear view mirror, what are everyone's thoughts on the squad as a whole as we are getting ready for the big kick off?

With various things, only made the Uxbridge friendly(not a fan of friendlies anyway) but from interviews, highlights and reports from you lovely people, things seem pretty positive so far.

Couple of injuries that I'm sure will hurt, BUT, could be like new signings when they return.

I'd say looking at the squad, we are probably 1 centreback short. With Baylis and Dandy the only recognised CB's in the squad and others that can "do a job" that's the only area of "weakness" for me on paper.

The only other thing is whether those stepping up to this level will prove good enough in what I'm sure will be a tougher league this year than ever before. Having seen many of those looking to make the step up for a few years at the lower level (been banging the Minhas drum for 3 years) I think Scott's recruitment has been excellent and for a lower (I'm sure) budget side, we have a good squad of players, really looking to prove themselves at this level and kick on.

Already looking forward to the season starting, sunning myself in Cyprus currently so will miss Maidstone (no disrespect to any of the lads but I know where I'd rather be😂), but will be back for the first home game and hopefully a good season ahead. For me, a good season this year is a mid table finish with a decent little cup run and the majority of the squad under Scott and the management showing they are more than capable of competing at this level.

Have a great holiday,SloughFlyer. Hope it's not too hot out there. It is currently raining heavens hard here in Slough !

Regarding the management and our squad, I like most of what Scott and Yella have instilled so far in pre-season but I'm not getting carried away with their player recruitment. If anything I'm underwhelmed. The good thing,though,is we do have other irons in the fire if we need them.

This season I'm going to consider what the squad needs on a month to month basis. I hope Scott, Chris and Yella do likewise.

For a newly put together squad we look ok without ripping up the trees[so to speak]. I hope we can get off to a good start through August and September. I think we can catch out a few sides if they underestimate us but as the season wears on I'm expecting reinforcements to come in for some players.

11 minutes ago, 3spirit said:

Have a great holiday,SloughFlyer. Hope it's not too hot out there. It is currently raining heavens hard here in Slough !

Regarding the management and our squad, I like most of what Scott and Yella have instilled so far in pre-season but I'm not getting carried away with their player recruitment. If anything I'm underwhelmed. The good thing,though,is we do have other irons in the fire if we need them.

This season I'm going to consider what the squad needs on a month to month basis. I hope Scott, Chris and Yella do likewise.

For a newly put together squad we look ok without ripping up the trees[so to speak]. I hope we can get off to a good start through August and September. I think we can catch out a few sides if they underestimate us but as the season wears on I'm expecting reinforcements to come in for some players.

Thanks 3spirit, gutted it's raining in Slough😂😂😂. It's 32+ degrees out here and not a cloud in the sky.

I like that Scott (apart from the keeper) has dipped into the loan market to start off with and not gone to A23 heavy either. I think it gives good scope for shaping changes to the squad as we move on.

19 minutes ago, SloughFlyer said:

Thanks 3spirit, gutted it's raining in Slough😂😂😂. It's 32+ degrees out here and not a cloud in the sky.

I like that Scott (apart from the keeper) has dipped into the loan market to start off with and not gone to A23 heavy either. I think it gives good scope for shaping changes to the squad as we move on.

Lucky you !  Next you're be telling us you've got a mankini on ! ha ha !

I think the majority of fans, like Scott and the efforts he's put into his role. Following Bakes and Unders was never going to be easy but so far he's come through with flying colours.

Slough's crowd can be notoriously fickle when the Slough team loses games. I'm expecting a mish mash of results to start off with. Put it this way I can't see them going unbeaten for the first 8 games. I have them to get 5 or 6 points in the first 4 games ie 1 win and 2 draws and 1 loss, or 2 wins and 2 losses. To me that will be a good return from this squad.

Edited by 3spirit

1 hour ago, SloughFlyer said:

Unless I'm going mad SF you mean Scott 'hasn't' dipped into the loan market. 

Must be all that sun 😅

2 hours ago, SloughFlyer said:

How will we do this season? TBH I don't have a clue.

I've seen all but one of the pre season games and I'm none the wiser, probably because we've mainly been playing clubs from below us.

The players we've signed are mostly from lower levels who've done exceptionally well but the NLS is a big step up.

All I can say from what I've seen is that we've signed players who look to have the potential to adapt to this level.

Saturday's game won't define our season but this game together with our first home game against Dover will give us a better idea on what sort of season might be in store for us.