Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Squad for season 2023/4

goalkeeper

M. Earps 

L.James                                                                            M. White                                                                                 P Harder 

E. Toon                                                                           P.Mcnamara                                                                                  A. Scott

M.Lench                                                                 F.Amarty

A. russo

8 minutes ago, HEAVY TRUCKER said:

goalkeeper

M. Earps 

L.James                                                                            M. White                                                                                 P Harder 

E. Toon                                                                           P.Mcnamara                                                                                  A. Scott

M.Lench                                                                 F.Amarty

A. russo

Who are these other players (unless it’s some joke that’s flown over my head!)?

Edited by GlenSTFC

19 hours ago, HEAVY TRUCKER said:

goalkeeper

M. Earps 

A. russo

What's your point HT?

Edited by Reading Rebel

4 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

Right, it's a new week and my fingers are itching to get going so 'common lets be avin you' 😂

OK then. Just my opinion of course but I'm convinced the increase in clubs in the NL hasn't improved the quality overall and has left Step 3/4 weaker. It's left some clubs struggling with inadequate attendances and extra running costs, plus the need to obtain appropriate ground grading. 

The annual shuffling around will be interesting.

Wycombe announced their release list last week, these include :-

Tyla Dickinson - 22 year old goalkeeper that had loan spells at Hungerford & Sutton Utd

Adam Leathers - 21 year old, 6’ 2” central defensive midfielder had a loan spell at Maidenhead

Charles Hagan - 21 year old forward who had a loan spell with Hampton in the 2021/2 season

Arnold Matshazi - 19 year old forward who had a loan spell with us & scored 3 goals in 9 starts & 5 sub appearances, and a man of the match award against Weymouth even though he had come on as a sub

Ben Kaninda - 19 year old, 6’ 2” centre-back had loan spells with Hanwell & Hednesford

47 minutes ago, Curtis said:

Wycombe announced their release list last week, these include :-

Tyla Dickinson - 22 year old goalkeeper that had loan spells at Hungerford & Sutton Utd

Adam Leathers - 21 year old, 6’ 2” central defensive midfielder had a loan spell at Maidenhead

Charles Hagan - 21 year old forward who had a loan spell with Hampton in the 2021/2 season

Arnold Matshazi - 19 year old forward who had a loan spell with us & scored 3 goals in 9 starts & 5 sub appearances, and a man of the match award against Weymouth even though he had come on as a sub

Ben Kaninda - 19 year old, 6’ 2” centre-back had loan spells with Hanwell & Hednesford

Arnold did well at the start of his loan but tailed off towards the end.

Is he the answer to our striker problem?

52 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

A year older & a season more experience he might be a 1 in 3 start goal scorer that could score 15 across a season.

I doubt he would score 20 to 25, but I’m not sure we will be able to afford a guaranteed prolific goal scorer.

12 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

What's wrong with just inviting Arnold along for pre-season?

I thought he was promising and had potential in bundles but I wouldn't be thinking of him as our first or second [or even third choice striker] but I do think he would be a player that could grow into a useful striker for our club and to me would be a good player to have in our squad for 23/24 season and should then be given chances to usurp our other strikers especially when they aren't playing well. 

19 minutes ago, 3spirit said:

I thought he was promising and had potential in bundles but I wouldn't be thinking of him as our first or second [or even third choice striker] but I do think he would be a player that could grow into a useful striker for our club and to me would be a good player to have in our squad for 23/24 season and should then be given chances to usurp our other strikers especially when they aren't playing well. 

That's all well and good if he doesn't mind playing second or even third fiddle to other strikers.

He's 19 and still learning so imo the only way he'll improve and get the experience he needs is to play.  

55 minutes ago, 3spirit said:

It’s a no for me. He scored a great goal at Hanwell but just didn’t show enough to convince me. After having Amartey and Alexander for me those 2 are a level or two above him and should be the benchmark we’re aiming to recruit now. 

27 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

Ogo Obi and Tyrese Owen have produced/updated their cv videos.

Are they trying to tell us something. 

Yeah saw that too and as both are advertising themselves it surely means they’ve been released or not agreed to stay. 

1 hour ago, Reading Rebel said:

That's all well and good if he doesn't mind playing second or even third fiddle to other strikers.

He's 19 and still learning so imo the only way he'll improve and get the experience he needs is to play.  

Players get loads of opportunities to play. It's a squad game,besides I wouldn't think a 19 year old player just released from Wycombe Wanderers would be in a position to demand/or mind if he was behind experienced older strikers in the pecking order. It's down to the manager who he decides to pick.

I actually thought the young player on loan from a club up North [can't remeber his name] looked a better player but I wasn't as convinced that he  should play as a forward. Arnold on the other hand suits being a forward but last season looked out of his depth for Slough in the NLS but to me he's a player that will improve and learn more with a team like Slough being around other better strikers, and also would be cheap and a potential good acquisition for squad recruitment, with the added bonus he now knows the Slough set up.    

Edited by 3spirit

20 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

It’s a no for me. He scored a great goal at Hanwell but just didn’t show enough to convince me. After having Amartey and Alexander for me those 2 are a level or two above him and should be the benchmark we’re aiming to recruit now. 

Read my post Glen please, I never said Arnold should be seen as our first, second or third choice striker.  I view him as an up and comer, not the finished article yet but a player with 'potential'.    

50 minutes ago, 3spirit said:

Players get loads of opportunities to play. It's a squad game,besides I wouldn't think a 19 year old player just released from Wycombe Wanderers would be in a position to demand/or mind if he was behind experienced older strikers in the pecking order. It's down to the manager who he decides to pick.

I actually thought the young player on loan from a club up North [can't remeber his name] looked a better player but I wasn't as convinced that he  should play as a forward. Arnold on the other hand suits being a forward but last season looked out of his depth for Slough in the NLS but to me he's a player that will improve and learn more with a team like Slough being around other better strikers, and also would be cheap and a potential good acquisition for squad recruitment, with the added bonus he now knows the Slough set up.    

I would be surprised if Matshazi doesn't have an agent who will no doubt be touting him around clubs getting him trials at all levels.

In the end it will be down to the player himself if he wants to be a down the pecking order striker at say level 2 or get a regular game and learn his trade a bit lower down the pyramid.