Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Squad for season 2023/4

Great news ref Hubert but also the fact its a season long loan, means the relationships can develop and we don't need to worry about it constantly changing i.e. a three month or so on.

Great stuff by Scott and the team.

We have have some big names go in the other direction.

Vic Ackers No2 to Arsene.                 Brian McDermot.                                Paul Barron Goalkeeper.                       Peter Cruse and John Richie.             Who both joined at the same time after our Berks and Bucks Final Game in 1972.

On the surface it looks like a great signing. He comes with experience of being at a massive club and trained by the best coaches and playing regularly against other top talents. Obviously he’s not been tested yet in men’s football but I’m very hopeful he adapt quickly and with ease and become a very shrewd signing. What else is good is that it’s a season long loan with hopefully no last minute call back plus to have this relationship with Arsenal can only be a big positive.

55 minutes ago, Curtis said:

I would be surprised if Harry & Ogbonna aren’t added to the squad this week.

That would then give us a squad of 19 including the two A23 graduates. 

Are we likely to make that up to 20 by also signing Chambers-Parillon?

I would think that signing all three will depend a lot on finances.

Scott has mentioned that even the signing of Ogbonna will depend on whats left in the budget.

With the 3 trialists signed it gives us a squad of 21 which is the biggest it’s been for a few years. Obviously some will now be dual registered to keep them match ready. It certainly gives us plenty of options to change it around plus competition for places is high so this should keep every player on their toes.

2 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

I would think that signing all three will depend a lot on finances.

Scott has mentioned that even the signing of Ogbonna will depend on whats left in the budget.

One can assume the budget has been increased to allow us to sign all 3? 

Just for clarity, we won’t be paying 20 players per week. I’ll have to manage their game time, whether that’s with us or on dual reg/loan. Just trying to be creative and have options for if and when we need them rather be in a position like we were last season, borrowing players from here, there and there everywhere.

15 minutes ago, Scott Davies said:

Just for clarity, we won’t be paying 20 players per week. I’ll have to manage their game time, whether that’s with us or on dual reg/loan. Just trying to be creative and have options for if and when we need them rather be in a position like we were last season, borrowing players from here, there and there everywhere.

So how does it work? Is it just the 16 in the matchday squad that get paid?

4 hours ago, GlenSTFC said:

With the 3 trialists signed it gives us a squad of 21 which is the biggest it’s been for a few years. Obviously some will now be dual registered to keep them match ready. It certainly gives us plenty of options to change it around plus competition for places is high so this should keep every player on their toes.

One can assume the budget has been increased to allow us to sign all 3? 

We'll probably never know.

Edited by Reading Rebel

3 hours ago, Rebel Wokingham said:

Good to hear Scott confirm we’ve signed all 3. They all look to be exciting prospects. I’d imagine Kai Allsop and Oscar Lucey will go out on dual reg - neither was involved yesterday. That’ll leave us a squad of 18/19 with a couple of injuries in that number?

It looked like Jeanmal Prosper and Mickel Platt were doing some light training yesterday so hopefully they're not far away from some sort of fitness.

Edited by Reading Rebel

The books will have to balance but we have a couple of players away in August so it allows us to have a carry a couple of extra players throughout the month as these lads that away obviously won’t be paid.

Id rather have pieces to a jigsaw than not have enough! It’s a good headache in mine and the rest of the staffs opinion. 

16 hours ago, Rebel Wokingham said:

Good to hear Scott confirm we’ve signed all 3. They all look to be exciting prospects. I’d imagine Kai Allsop and Oscar Lucey will go out on dual reg - neither was involved yesterday. That’ll leave us a squad of 18/19 with a couple of injuries in that number?

I didn't see the squad list but I think Kai and Oscar were probably playing with A23 against Ashford Town where they narrowly lost 4-3.

With so many new players and trying to work out who is who can their shirt numbers to added on matchday to the teamsheet on twitter @ socials.

Just now, sdelane2308 said:

With so many new players and trying to work out who is who can their shirt numbers to added on matchday to the teamsheet on twitter @ socials.

Meant (ɓe added)

1 hour ago, Curtis said:

Is there a reason why players names can’t be put on the back of their shirts?

I like this idea a lot...a few teams in our league did it last year...think Ebbsfleet, Farnborough & Dover spring to mind but its small things like this that helps the club further distinguish itself from lower non league levels and as such portrays a professionalism that would encourange younger supporters to come back

1 hour ago, Mark44 said:

I like this idea a lot...a few teams in our league did it last year...think Ebbsfleet, Farnborough & Dover spring to mind but its small things like this that helps the club further distinguish itself from lower non league levels and as such portrays a professionalism that would encourange younger supporters to come back

Would it make the shirts more expensive

3 minutes ago, sdelane2308 said:

Would it make the shirts more expensive

It might also create extra income in Sue’s club shop. I’m sure kids would like a shirt of their favourite Slough player parading around the ground & as said before, shows a more professional outlook for the club.It may only be the printing costs that prevent it from happening.