Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

V Tonbridge Angeles

Sir Rebel1965

1 hour ago, Reading Rebel said:

Tonbridge have re signed striker Jordan Greenidge from Hemel.

He was on loan at Tonbridge last season scoring 14 goals in 26 appearances with two of those goals coming in our 3-3 away draw.

What a bonkers match that was, literally a game of two halves with that storm force wind.

8 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

Tonbridge have re signed striker Jordan Greenidge from Hemel.

He was on loan at Tonbridge last season scoring 14 goals in 26 appearances with two of those goals coming in our 3-3 away draw.

He was Tonbridges top scorer last season so they are excited but he apparently hasn't played a competitive match since last season so a few are asking how fit he is. Looked good in training  though

Must admit I was surprised the loan signing was an attacking player and not a defensive one. With Tyrese injured and Gabe sent out on loan we’re a little light in defence. We have many attacking options but with an average of 2 goals per game conceded I thought we might see/need another experienced defender.

14 hours ago, GlenSTFC said:

Must admit I was surprised the loan signing was an attacking player and not a defensive one. With Tyrese injured and Gabe sent out on loan we’re a little light in defence. We have many attacking options but with an average of 2 goals per game conceded I thought we might see/need another experienced defender.

I think the loan signing is more about seeing what this player is about up close and from a training angle,as George Alexander won't be with Slough all season and Mikkel Platt hasn't played yet.It may be more about thinking ahead as a possible forward signing further down the road, as the Slough goals aren't exactly raining in, are they?

I also think it's a good move to send Gabe George out on loan to Bracknell [if he gets regular game time?]. My only questioning about it,is it's timing, as we seem to have made him the fall guy for his one mistake at the Chippenham game but I do recognise that Scott needs to find solutions for his team and Gabe hasn't really done enough to nail down a valuable starting eleven spot yet. Scott is the one getting it in the neck when his team loses but I think a more experienced manager may have given Gabe a touch more time/leeway but then again no manager will put up with defensive mistakes for long, if their team is heading down the table fast. 

We should have enough cover to play someone else in the left back slot from our squad and it may in fact be beneficial going forward to other games to find out who can perform in that spot should Tyrese not be able to.

I would like to see Joe Dandy given a chance at right back [but not for today and the 2 games after that as now is not the time for experimenting as we need points on the board desperately]. Josh or Jeanmal I would use for left back duties[the other at right back] until Terese Dyce is fit to takeover. I would move Matt Lench onto the left wing today. Matt is a good tackler and comfortable playing on the left. He's an effective left sided midfielder, I prefer him in centre midfield but needs must.

Let's hope we can get the 3 points on offer at Arbour Park today whatever.

Edited by 3spirit

21 hours ago, GlenSTFC said:

Prescient.

just got back from the match, oh dear oh dear, just what are we doing during our training sessions today we played like we did not know or like each other, there was no communication from the front to the back slough were ominously quiet , no body seemed to know what to do or indeed what was expected of them. we were torn apart by what was an absolute average team, we need to develop some team spirit and do it fast otherwise it is relegation for us

Absolutely embarassing from start to finish!!!! Anyone behind the goal that end care to comment as to why on earth you were clapping that team? No passion, no effort, no ability, no application, no effort, no communication. No point singling out or commenting on individuals as they were all terrible.

Simple interview for Scott - come out make 1 statement apologising to every fan that had the mis-fortune to see that game and leave it at that. Any attempt to explain that or give excuses will make you look foolish.

Just a quick word on the officials as well - last season they were poor, this season some how they are worse. No idea what the club can do (perhaps send the FA footage of the game with complaints etc) but today just about topped it off with the worst referee we have had this season. Even the Tonbridge fans in the stand said how bad he was.

Agree with those that say something needs to change as thus far teh performances haven't matched the results to a point, but Chippenham and today have been way below the other performances and I just hope that isnt the trend moving downwards.

4 hours ago, Curtis said:

2-0 (Alexander, Lench)

I has half right.

In all seriousness, the second half was truly appalling….. I don’t recall seeing a worse home performance in the last ten seasons I have been a season ticket holder. I know we have injuries, but surely putting together a squad means having some cover for these occurrences.

As a supporter I actually found it embarrassing & it was difficult staying until the final whistle…… how or why the fans behind the goal mustered the enthusiasm to applaud the team at the end of the match I really don’t understand.

All I’ll say is this, remove the rose tinted glasses and maybe actually look at our new owners…

It is clear to a blind man that our budget is that of a club in the league below hence where nearly all our players have come from, the league below!!

They give the good marketing blurb etc but they need to walk the walk!!

Sorry but no free ride from me, Scott and players are not the only ones to come in for criticism!!!

2 minutes ago, Wycombe Rebel said:

It is clear to a blind man that our budget is that of a club in the league below hence where nearly all our players have come from, the league below!!

Not sure I can agree with that….. Alexander, Eweka, Lothra, Sundire, Hutchinson signed from our level or above along with Jackman, Lench, Goddard, Davies all established players with us at this level. 

16 minutes ago, Curtis said:

Not sure I can agree with that….. Alexander, Eweka, Lothra, Sundire, Hutchinson signed from our level or above along with Jackman, Lench, Goddard, Davies all established players with us at this level. 

Nearly all our players, nearly!

Alexander, Luthra and Hutchison are loans…

Sundire I’ll give you…

The rest are not new players eg Jackman, Lench, Goddard, Davies

If our new owners were ambitious they would have backed Scott and given him the necessary funds to bring in top players from our level.

I love Eweka but look at his history, he came from the leagues below, went to Maidenhead didn’t get played for whatever reason and now he’s back with us. All the best defenders in this league will be earning 3 or 4 times what Eweka is!

Look where Scott shopped in the Summer, basically unproven players at this level because he didn’t have the budget to do anything else.

The owners need to double the playing budget or we’re going down