Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

V Tonbridge Angeles

Sir Rebel1965

46 minutes ago, Nathan said:

Which was really reflected in yesterday's attendance! A nice summer's day, and a noticeable poor turnout from us. If we don't get people through the turnstiles then all these initiatives are bound to cost the club money.

A nice summers day where I'm sure some were away making the most of the weather before schools return.

I'm sure last season this game would have produced around the 4/500 mark so not a bad turn out considering.

Well said Scott.

Some fans seem only happy when they are knocking the club and the teams efforts. Why I don't know?

Keep trying your best and hopefully things will turn in your favour. I still believe we are not far from getting it right but even if it doesn't, so what it is only a game of football ! ha ha 😉

Edited by 3spirit

1 hour ago, 3spirit said:

Well said Scott.

Some fans seem only happy when they are knocking the club and the teams efforts. Why I don't know?

Keep trying your best and hopefully things will turn in your favour. I still believe we are not far from getting it right but even if it doesn't, so what it is only a game of football ! ha ha 😉

Have to agree with Norbert.

No fan is happy knocking the club they support.

They are entitled to knock the performance but they are not happy doing it.

4 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

A nice summers day where I'm sure some were away making the most of the weather before schools return.

I'm sure last season this game would have produced around the 4/500 mark so not a bad turn out considering.

No it was actually 673 for Hampton and Richmond on 3rd Sept 2022 at Arbour Park.

6 hours ago, Sir Rebel1965 said:

No it was actually 673 for Hampton and Richmond on 3rd Sept 2022 at Arbour Park.

You're comparing a game against Tonbridge + a train strike to a local Derby where Hampton would have brought about 100+

No comparison.

Slough v Tonbridge 13th August 2022 attendance 467

Edited by Reading Rebel

39 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

You're comparing a game against Tonbridge + a train strike to a local Derby where Hampton would have brought about 100+

No comparison.

Slough v Tonbridge 13th August 2022 - 467

Lose Tuesday and Saturday’s crowd will be in the 500’s although technically it’ll be announced as 600+ due to the amount of memberships sold.

12 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

Lose Tuesday and Saturday’s crowd will be in the 500’s although technically it’ll be announced as 600+ due to the amount of memberships sold.

Do member's automatically count? I have my card's QR code scanned at the turnstiles (which hasn't happened before this season), presumably to count who's actually attending the match?

Yep, that was a truly abysmal 2nd half performance yesterday.

Have I seen bad displays by Slough Town before in 50+ years of watching them ?

Too many sadly ! 

I'm sure I will see more atrocious displays in  the future, though hopefully not this season please !

If we play like that regularly this season we will get relegated, no doubt about it.

Do I think we will continue to be so incompetent in the games to come ?

No I don't.

It does "get my goat" a bit when people say things like "up the budget" and get better players in.

Having a massive  budget hasn't exactly helped teams like Man Utd or Chelsea get to where they want to be at their level has it ?

I thought we were very lucky to have joint managers in Bakes and Unders who were great in the relationship that they had with us fans, giving us behind the scene's details that managers of most other club's would not do.

Scotty has even surpassed Bakes and Unders in keeping us fans in the loop, which is amazing.

We haven't had such an honest, open, frank talking manager in all the years I've supported the Rebels and I doubt we will again in the future.

When he said it was "the players or him" in his after match interview, that is the sort of fighting talk I like to hear. 

I intend to be at Dartford on Tuesday.

To me part of being a fan is taking the bad times as well as the good.

Tuesday night would be a good time to start to turn the tide.

C'mon you Rebels !

16 minutes ago, Holyport Rebel said:

Yep, that was a truly abysmal 2nd half performance yesterday.

Have I seen bad displays by Slough Town before in 50+ years of watching them ?

Too many sadly ! 

I'm sure I will see more atrocious displays in  the future, though hopefully not this season please !

If we play like that regularly this season we will get relegated, no doubt about it.

Do I think we will continue to be so incompetent in the games to come ?

No I don't.

It does "get my goat" a bit when people say things like "up the budget" and get better players in.

Having a massive  budget hasn't exactly helped teams like Man Utd or Chelsea get to where they want to be at their level has it ?

I thought we were very lucky to have joint managers in Bakes and Unders who were great in the relationship that they had with us fans, giving us behind the scene's details that managers of most other club's would not do.

Scotty has even surpassed Bakes and Unders in keeping us fans in the loop, which is amazing.

We haven't had such an honest, open, frank talking manager in all the years I've supported the Rebels and I doubt we will again in the future.

When he said it was "the players or him" in his after match interview, that is the sort of fighting talk I like to hear. 

I intend to be at Dartford on Tuesday.

To me part of being a fan is taking the bad times as well as the good.

Tuesday night would be a good time to start to turn the tide.

C'mon you Rebels !

All very well Scott being open and honest and facing the wrath of the fans and media after each game, but when will the owners stand up and be counted and inform the fans about the situation we are in, they are quick enough to get good news out! - Steve Easterbrook had the balls to communicate with the fans openly, even Martyn Deaner communicated!

Edited by Sir Rebel1965

44 minutes ago, Nathan said:

Do member's automatically count? I have my card's QR code scanned at the turnstiles (which hasn't happened before this season), presumably to count who's actually attending the match?

I’m pretty certain most clubs include season tickets (whether they attend or not) in the declared match day attendance.